ImageImage

Levinson black mailed?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: Levinson black mailed? 

Post#61 » by MaceCase » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:24 am

Africans supposedly selling you counterfeit goods? Naw man, that isn't a stereotype at all, you can easily say that Germans do the same thing.

this too:
Koonin says Ferry was talking from 15-20 different scouting reports on a possible free agent pick up for the Hawks.

“Danny made a terrible mistake, he glosses over all the reports, and indicted an entire continent,” said Koonin.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26480 ... estigation

That reads more like the comment he made was his own personal summary of multiple reports rather than reading verbatim from a single source.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#62 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:37 am

I would love to see the Hawks or Falcons move to Buckhead, maybe open up a stadium in Tyler Perry's back yard.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#63 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:45 am

The Braves put out a great product, but they still struggle with attendance. So i think if the Hawks put out a great product, that wouldn't solve attendance problems.

As for me, i really have no interests in seeing a live sporting event, im perfectly happy in getting pizza hut and watching the game at home. even the Falcons are doing great, but i really have no interesting in paying for tickets.

I don't know, i grew up in the south and i think we only go to high school football games or a few high school basketball games, but i heard in the north, like NJ or NY, high school games are not a big thing?
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#64 » by SBM » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:21 am

Countdown to Ferry's dismissal.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#65 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:38 am

SBM wrote:Countdown to Ferry's dismissal.

Yep. A letter from Mike Gearon calling for Ferry's firing has surfaced and pretty much confirmed our worst fears.

And perhaps clarifies what happens next. Gearon demands Ferry's firing. Levenson refuses. Gearon and other owners consult counsel and initiate an investigation into the Hawks under Ferry. They find the e-mail and force Levenson out because of it. This leaves the door open to remove Ferry from his GM post.

This is unreal. And makes me wonder if all this affected our Free Agency this year.

No way Ferry survives.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#66 » by SBM » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:47 am

Jamaaliver wrote:

Yep. A letter from Mike Gearon calling for Ferry's firing has surfaced and pretty much confirmed our worst fears. No way Ferry survives.

And somewhat clarifies what happens next. Gearon demands Ferry's firing. Levenson refuses. Gearon and other owners consult counsel and initiate an investigation into the Hawks under Ferry. They find the e-mail and force Levenson out because of it. This leaves the door open to remove Ferry from his GM post.

This is unreal. And makes me wonder if all this affected our Free Agency this year.

What has Ferry done that would make you want to keep him?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#67 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:50 am

SBM wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Yep. A letter from Mike Gearon calling for Ferry's firing has surfaced and pretty much confirmed our worst fears. No way Ferry survives.

And somewhat clarifies what happens next. Gearon demands Ferry's firing. Levenson refuses. Gearon and other owners consult counsel and initiate an investigation into the Hawks under Ferry. They find the e-mail and force Levenson out because of it. This leaves the door open to remove Ferry from his GM post.

1. What in my post makes you think I want to keep him?

2. Dennis Schroeder and Mike Budenholzer.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#68 » by SBM » Tue Sep 9, 2014 7:17 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
SBM wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Dennis has not exactly worked out so far and Mike had a losing record in first year. I am not in love with either but you can keep both while cutting ties with Ferry.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#69 » by PandaKidd » Tue Sep 9, 2014 12:33 pm

Ferry will not be the gm here past Oct. Book it

Sent from my VS980 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#70 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:03 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:So let's say this scouting report was on Dirk and he read the quote from the report which said "He still has some German in him." Would people automatically assume that it's a negative thing and make a big deal out of it? I don't think so, but yet people jump straight to negativity when German is replaced with African. Makes no sense. You are basically saying that it's impossible to speak positively about Africans since this open-ended remark MUST be negative like you are saying. Sounds like the people trying to act offended by this are the racist ones as they think Africans have no positive qualities.

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison. But, I think we have all read scouting reports labeling a player as a real EURO style guy, typically meaning soft, slow, fundamentally sound, etc.

It's inappropriate in it self.

But you say a similar comment about an African player, or an Asian player, or a player of Arab descent...it's gonna carry some SERIOUS negative connotations if it is the LEADER of your ORGANIZATION repeating it in a business meeting.

Take it from a black guy who grew up in the deep south in the decades following segregation, there were indeed some racial undertones in the comment. This occurring just WEEKS after Sterling was booted from the league for making racially tinged comments. It was of such concern than ownership hired an outside Law Firm to investigate itself and their top employee.

The bigger issue (to me) is that a new owner will want his own GM to come in. Flat out. Plain and simple. I'm not going to purchase a failing company and then keep the same leadership in place...that would be foolish. The last time we saw the franchise sold, we cleaned house from the Team president, GM and HC as well as all the players.

Ferry's role in this soap opera only makes it more likely he's gone.

Excellent read Jamaal.

Yesterday, I was trying to play devil's advocate by giving Ferry the benefit of the doubt. It was obviously the wrong opinion now that the second half of the comments have been released. What really disturbs me is Panda's post on page 3 which says that Ferry may have came up with the African part on his own instead of reading straight from the scouting report.

edit: As I hit send on this comment, I get a bleacher report update stating that Ferry strongly states that he only repeated what was on the scouting report. Call me whatever you want, but I'm not one to immediately demonize another for a single lapse of judgment if he has shown no prejudice towards Africans or any one else before.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#71 » by PandaKidd » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:05 pm

Danny ferry statement

https://twitter.com/talkhoops/status/509298313426767873

azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#72 » by azuresou1 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 2:15 pm

This is some Game of Thrones/House of Cards intrigue going on.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#73 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 9, 2014 2:35 pm

azuresou1 wrote:This is some Game of Thrones/House of Cards intrigue going on.

lol...I've been thinking all night this seems like a Frank Underwood/Tywin Lannister style move. Destroy a man's reputation with a few words and keystrokes.

ImageImage

Somebody wanted Levenson out.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#74 » by PandaKidd » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:00 pm

First take did a segment on this just now.

SAS says his sources say Ferry will leave. Levenson wanted ferry and if Levenson is selling , Ferry has no support left in Atl.

Yikes

ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#75 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:08 pm

PandaKidd wrote:First take did a segment on this just now.

SAS says his sources say Ferry will leave. Levenson wanted ferry and if Levenson is selling , Ferry has no support left in Atl.

Yikes

Which will likely mean the end of Bud in a year or two as well. Our owners are so damn stupid. Our owners just ruined the organization due to disputes between themselves and wanting to get the best of each other. I hope every last one of these fools are bought out.

AHF hit the nail on the head with his post about the ASG on the other site. Here's his quote regarding this current situation

"Now you have a minority owner who, instead of working with his partners to come to a concensus to address an issue with Ferry behind closed doors, ends up retaining an outside judge, an outside employment litigator and the launching an investigation to deal with an issue that he says in writing could be a catastrophic embarrassment for the team. He then makes no effort to do any type of damage control as this spills out to the press and once again results in humiliation for the team and it's fan base. I cannot imagine handling an issue like this at my company without being very sensitive to the catastrophic fallout that would likely result from this airing publicly but that seems to be the case here."
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#76 » by MaceCase » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:41 pm

In true Hawks fashion, a scandal that could have had the silver lining of entirely new ownership coming in with a brand new vision will actually only result in Michael **** Gearon Jr. coming back into power. With an opening at GM he might fulfill his dream and make his "hiring" official instead of being just the pseudo-GM like before. Yes, folks. We have an owner that would tear down the reputation of his franchise just so he can resolve his daddy issues by trying to prove that he's a better Hawks exec.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,489

Post#77 » by dms269 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:57 pm

SBM wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
SBM wrote:

Dennis has not exactly worked out so far and Mike had a losing record in first year. I am not in love with either but you can keep both while cutting ties with Ferry.

The fact that Mike had this team in the playoffs despite losing your best player and having to play a combo of Elton Brand and Pero Antic at the 5 is a sheer miracle.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#78 » by PandaKidd » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:39 pm

Koonin is I'm charge for now. Gearon has no say from what I've seen. KOONIN/FERRY are in charge of ops, levenson made it that way.

So in theory whoever buys Levenson share, will, by default, be agreeing to the current power structure.

I think this may be a way of ousting Gearon and the others, it started out Ferry, but Levenson koonin and ferry seemed to have turned the tables.

PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#79 » by PandaKidd » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:48 pm

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basket ... 107.735485

Drum beat getting louder

ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#80 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:21 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Koonin is I'm charge for now. Gearon has no say from what I've seen. KOONIN/FERRY are in charge of ops, levenson made it that way.

So in theory whoever buys Levenson share, will, by default, be agreeing to the current power structure.

I think this may be a way of ousting Gearon and the others, it started out Ferry, but Levenson koonin and ferry seemed to have turned the tables.

Watch Nique buy in on a small portion and then Gearon buy the remaining part and take over controlling interest once again. It will be the nail in the coffin for this franchise.

Return to Atlanta Hawks