Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Hawks vs. Spurs Game Thread 

Post#21 » by ATL Boy » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:33 am

Hawkeyes wrote:
Nolan wrote:Great game guys. If you guys keep this up you'll be a force in the east.

Thanks for breaking up the Heat.

:lol: YES
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Post#22 » by HMFFL » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:11 am

Great effort tonight.
I have no complaints about the game tonight since I felt like we fought hard on the road.
Our team should hold their head up high.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#23 » by PandaKidd » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:48 am

Schroeder actually looked impressive although I wish our guys wouldn't fall in love with the 3 so much.

We had two opportunities to tie and we shot EARLY SHOT CLOCK 3S in transition

Sent from my VS980 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#24 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:16 am

Sorry I'm late to the party guys. I recorded the game and just finished watching it. Here were some of my takeaways from watching the game..

Schroeder

This was what I've been waiting for. I've been wanting Bud to put Schroeder in the last two games and tonight he looked great. He had 8 points in 9 minutes, that amazing dunk at the basket, he definitely showed us all some great flashes of his potential tonight.

The calls...?

I was seriously starting to wonder if these refs were from the streets of San Antonio. It was bad enough that we couldn't buy a basket in the 1st half (especially the 1st quarter) but then we couldn't get a call no matter what! That one play where they stopped our fastbreak because teague tripped over Manu was complete HORSE S***. I think I should stop here before I get to worked up..

We need length

Our front court is severely undersized and it's been pretty noticeable every game thus far. Milsap has a small wing span for his size and has trouble finishing at the rim. Horford is undersized and should be playing his more natural position at PF but us Hawks fans have been barking that for years. Anyways, I love the versaritlity of Milsap/Horford but man...it's tough watching them not be able to finish at the basket and lose the rebounding battle more times than not.

Overall I loved the fight back from our squad. I felt teague should have been more aggressive but I forgave him when he tied it up in the last seconds before manu was fouled. Not a bad showing for us against the former NBA champs.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#25 » by simon24 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:21 am

I'm surprised Elton Brand didn't get minutes over Antic in this game. They really could use his defensive presence in the paint.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#26 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:14 am

Some guys under performed, and they can improve, but you can't be too mad about losing to the defending champs by 2pts, on a bad foul call by the refs, in their home court.

Great effort and great that the Hawks were in their until the very end and never looked rattled.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#27 » by PandaKidd » Thu Nov 6, 2014 1:51 pm

We have no big man, we have a bunch of PFs trying to be big men. And for the love of god STOP PLAYING PERO. He brings NOTHING to the table. hes worse that Boozer with his complaining after every foul call
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#28 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 1:59 pm

My notes from the game:

-Did we just witness the arrival of Dennis? I sure hope so and it sure looked like it. Dennis needs more minutes. Mack may be the more consistent player, but Dennis easily has the higher ceiling. It's time to see what we have with this kid.

-The fouls were ridiculous. It looks like every one agrees on this one. 38 FTs to 11 is straight B.S.

-Outside of the first 8 or 9 minutes of the game, our defense looked spectacular. Take away FT's and the Spurs only scored 67 points on FG's.

-Coach Bud made a few bad errors that helped lose this game. I don't see why you don't ride the hot hand and let Dennis stay in for a couple more minutes in that situation. I also was not very pleased with our two playcalls on inbound plays out of a timeout at the end of the game. I'm sure execution was also a problem, but a drive play for Korver and a play where Teague is getting the ball at midcourt with his momentum going away from the basket. We have to improve in this area if we are going to win close games.

-This is the only loss that I will accept as a positive loss this season. This loss doesn't hurt as bad since we started off in a 17 point hole and were fighting against the refs all night and it was against the defending champs. Make the open shots that rimmed out early and we win this one with ease.

-We may hold Charlotte to under 90 points on Friday. Their offense still isn't in sync and our defense has looked solid.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:50 pm

ATL Boy wrote:Dennis Schroder really needs more minutes, I'm sick of watching him rot away on the bench. I'd like to see more of him than Mack next game.

ATLHawksfan21 wrote:-Did we just witness the arrival of Dennis? It's time to see what we have with this kid.

PMOTT3 wrote:Schroeder

This was what I've been waiting for...tonight he looked great. He had 8 points in 9 minutes, that amazing dunk at the basket, he definitely showed us all some great flashes of his potential tonight.

PandaKidd wrote:Schroeder actually looked impressive

YES. YES!!! It's time. Especially after the growth we saw from him this summer. it's mind-boggling that Bud still is hesitatnt to give Dennis scratch. He CLEARLY has potential to be a great player moving forward.

PandaKidd wrote:We have no big man, we have a bunch of PFs trying to be big men. And for the love of god STOP PLAYING PERO. He brings NOTHING to the table.

Agreed. I would really rather have Bebe as our 3rd Center than Pero. We did show resolve, but we need a Center. badly.

PMOTT3 wrote:We need length

Our front court is severely undersized and it's been pretty noticeable every game thus far...Horford is undersized and should be playing his more natural position at PF...I love the versatility of Milsap/Horford but man...it's tough watching them not be able to finish at the basket and lose the rebounding battle more times than not.

Yes. YES!! A thousand times yes. It's been evident for years. Starting an undersized Center next to an undersized PF with no viable backup center is not a recipe for success.

+1000
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Umlaut! 

Post#30 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:01 pm

Dennis' signature play as a pro (so far) immortalized for the archives:

https://vine.co/v/OeOauTx1VEu

Somewhere, Dirk is smiling.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#31 » by Rip2137 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:06 pm

I can't wait to see Dennis's next game. Last year he had one game where he came off the bench, played GREAT, I think finished the game and I was excited. THen he came back with his minutes over the next few games and lost his f-ing mind and played with too much "I'm the man" and played his way back to the bench. This is going to be a chance for him to show maturity and keep his minutes and start to take Macks.

As for the game...we got a offensive foul for tripping over a guy laying on the floor.

Wrap your mind around that. Korver drives down the lane, gets fouled, nothing...Teague ties the game on a tough shot, lots of body contact...nothing. Manu gets less contact than BOTH those plays and they bail him out with 3 seconds left in the game. Then Pero goes all idiotic on the inbounds and passes it to Teague too early, then RETREATS to the freaking halfcourt line meaning Teague had no outlet to pass to.

All that said....we would be a better team with Jenkins having either Bazemore or Thabos minutes right now.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#32 » by PandaKidd » Fri Nov 7, 2014 3:27 am

So if anyone cares if hawks are in town, Dennis Schroeder almost always frequents the GSU games. Been twice and he's been there both times .

Sent from my VS980 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks