ImageImage

Hawks (3-3) V.S. Jazz (3-5)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Re: Hawks (3-3) V.S. Jazz (3-5) 

Post#21 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:35 am

Horford is hot garbage. It's sad when you can't outplay Pero.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#22 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:36 am

Horford with a -14 +/-

Pero with a +12
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#23 » by ATL Boy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:49 am

Millsap 30 and 17 wow, not a single free throw either (even though there were some questionable no calls). Korver is never scared of the big shot, no matter how far away from the bucket (that's a good thing). We won but got lucky that Hayward went on a huge cold streak.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#24 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:51 am

I can understand that Horford might lose and inch or a step, coming back from injury, but why did Horford's mid range jumpshot go away???
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#25 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 am

ATL Boy wrote:Millsap 30 and 17 wow, not a single free throw either (even though there were some questionable no calls). Korver is never scared of the big shot, no matter how far away from the bucket (that's a good thing). We won but got lucky that Hayward went on a huge cold streak.

Thats what tough D will do. Thabo had him frustrated for most of the night and it paid off in the end. He hasn't faced a defender like Thabo all season.
Hawkeyes
Sixth Man
And1: 1,559

Post#26 » by Hawkeyes » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:56 am

Wowwww, not sure how the Hawks just pulled that off. Sweet win. Utah is a lot more talented than I thought
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by ATL Boy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:16 am

ATLHawksfan21 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:Millsap 30 and 17 wow, not a single free throw either (even though there were some questionable no calls). Korver is never scared of the big shot, no matter how far away from the bucket (that's a good thing). We won but got lucky that Hayward went on a huge cold streak.

Thats what tough D will do. Thabo had him frustrated for most of the night and it paid off in the end. He hasn't faced a defender like Thabo all season.

Props to thabo but Gordan was missing some open shots. 3 missed FTs too despite coming in 35-36 at the line

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#28 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:19 am

ATL Boy wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:

Props to thabo but Gordan was missing some open shots. 3 missed FTs too despite coming in 35-36 at the line

I understand that and I am crediting that to Thabo never allowing him to establish a rhythm with his shot. He had zero shot attempts in his first stint of the game.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#29 » by SBM » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:38 am

Some things happened tonight that really bothered me. Honestly, I am not sure Bud is the coach for this team. I never cared for Ferry and I don't care for Bud much either at the moment.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#30 » by PandaKidd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:48 am

What puzzled me

1) teague continuing the hot cold. Getting emotional after he made a BAD pass with 30 sec to go over Millsaps head. He's way too talented , but starting to wonder if this is just the teague we will always get.

2) Schroeder shows flashes of ELITE point guard. Can't say enough how much he's matured.

3) Horford really has lost his game. But it's been almost 12 months so I suspect he's going to take 20-30 games to get rolling, maybe more. Remember Lou Williams basically sucked all last year until playoffs.

4) muscala looks good enough to rotate.

5) disappointing Payne still hurt, thought we might see him but looks like not anytime soon.

6) no Jenkins?

All in all good to get a W but I'm still worried about rebounding and execution.

Sent from my VS980 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#31 » by PandaKidd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:50 am

I'm also curious as I'm on my phone, how many minutes did horford and Millsap play individually?

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#32 » by MaceCase » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:I can understand that Horford might lose and inch or a step, coming back from injury, but why did Horford's mid range jumpshot go away???

That looked to me like the only thing that he could do on the court. I think that's the only points he scored.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by ATL Boy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:22 am

PandaKidd wrote:I'm also curious as I'm on my phone, how many minutes did horford and Millsap play individually?

Horford: 28:43

Millsap: 39:48

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#34 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:44 am

Just finished watching the game. Going to get right down to the game takeaways..

Bazemore

This kid shouldn't be in the rotation. All he does is hurt us. I'm not sure how Bud hasn't seen this yet because Jenkins should be getting every drop of Bazemore's minutes currently.

Horford

Wow. Like I knew he was rusty but just wow. He looked AWFUL tonight. If he didn't have his mid range shot he literally would have been a non factor in this game. He was on the verge of getting outplayed by Pero tonight imo. One thing that I think will help Horford shake the rust off is getting more touches. He just didn't have a lot of touches tonight. I'm really worried how long it's goingn to take Horford to get his game back.
20 games? 30 games? 40 games?

Kanter

Kanter proved to me that he is a guy the Hawks should a pitch at in FA this off-season. He looked like a rich mans Pero tonight. He definitely fits the need as a stretch big for us knocking down two or three 3's tonight. He's more agressive than Pero on the boards as well.

Jenkins & Payne

Not much to discuss here considering they didn't play. I really thought we were going to see Payne tonight.

Protecting the paint

Hawks have to do a better job protecting the paint. The Jazz got way to many points tonight in the paint. The 2nd quarter was just demoralizing. It's one thing when your opponent has the hot hand but when your opponent just runs it down your throat in the paint over and over it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Burks

Burks played like that new extension he just got. The man was on fire consistently tonight despite that behind the head shot he's got.

Teague

Teague needs to have that chip on his shoulder ageeasive mentality EVERY NIGHT. If this dude would stop picking and choosing his moments on when to turn it on and when not to..He'd be putting up all star numbers.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#35 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:45 am

Almost forgot...MILSAP WENT HULK MODE TONIGHT
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#36 » by HMFFL » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:42 pm

I had to watch the final period a second time since it was so good.
Great game last night.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#37 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Great win tonight for the home team. I noticed we not only won the overall rebounding battle, but held the Jazz to single digit OFFENSIVE Boards.

FANTASTIC!!! Kudos to Korver and Millsap for actually out rebounding Utah's entire starting 5 last night by themselves.

Clearly Millsap was extra focused playing his old teammates.

Our defense still has a ways to go; disappointed UTAH shot a healthy 50% from the field. They also had more assists than us and fewer turnovers. All hallmarks of a well-coached team.

Horford has a ways to go before he is back to the old AH we knew and loved. Hopefully he returns to form by the All Star break. Longterm, his current struggles could help us in negotiations should we begin extension talks with him next summer.

Teague is good. A good young PG on a great contract. Very nice production. But I reiterate, I dangle him in trade talks immediately, potentially packaging him with other assets to what we could acquire. His stock is high as ever, and he is clearly the most tradeable asset we possess.

PandaKidd wrote:2) Schroeder shows flashes of ELITE point guard. Can't say enough how much he's matured.

I do believe, now more than ever, that Dennis is the future of this team. He's only 21, but clearly showing enough poise and improvement to expect big things from. He's earned his PT this year, now it's time to start grooming him as starter.

PMOTT3 wrote:Bazemore

This kid shouldn't be in the rotation. All he does is hurt us. I'm not sure how Bud hasn't seen this yet because Jenkins should be getting every drop of Bazemore's minutes currently.
PandaKidd wrote:6) no Jenkins?

Starting to believe that Bud actually DOES hate Jenkins. Bazemore has struggled. Mack has been unspectacular. Yet Coach won't even allow JJ2 to touch the floor during a game. I doubt he's had to wash his jersey at all this season. And with his contract up at end of season, seems Coach is willing to let him simply rot on the bench while Mack, Bazemore and Thabo put up historically bad numbers offensively.

Bud's tendency to play fringe NBA vets over high potential young players is maddening. Tonight was the perfect opportunity to run Payne out for at least a few minutes.

hawkschop1 wrote:I was impressed with what I saw from Kanter in the first half

PMOTT3 wrote:Kanter proved to me that he is a guy the Hawks should a pitch at in FA this off-season. He looked like a rich mans Pero tonight. He definitely fits the need as a stretch big for us knocking down two or three 3's tonight. He's more agressive than Pero on the boards as well.

Yeah, I am hoping against hope we AGGRESSIVELY pursue a starting Center next summer to play with AL. Pero, Brand and Millsap will be gone. And M Gasol, Greg Monroe, Omer Asik and Enes Kanter will be available.

Please Bud, get this done!!!
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#38 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Since when does 1-2 years of age turn a player from a high potential young player to a fringe vet??

Bazemore is 25
Mack is 24
Jenkins is 23

Mack has the most NBA playing experience out of the 3 and he has barely had any.

Thabo is older and the best player out of the 4. He has struggled shooting the ball, but his defense is incredible and it puts him ahead of the other 3.

Muscala received minutes over Payne. Is Muscala a fringe NBA vet? As much as people like to hate on Antic, we lose last night if he doesn't play. He is our best low post defender.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#39 » by PandaKidd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Holman before the game said that Payne was activated mainly for insurance sake, in case another big went down they would use him. But hes still recovering from the Plantar Fascitis or whatever.

Jenkins, they said would get some minutes, apparently not. It is weird how he just is rotting on the bench in a contract year unless there is something we dont know. Why match his offer if you dont need him?

Muscala needs to play more IMO, looked mobile and had some NICE rebounds or box outs.

Teague, im coming around to Jamaals thinking, I think we see who Teague is, hes the hot cold guy hes always been. Not saying dump him now, but if Schroeder keeps improving, we need to see what we can get for him in trade....... before hes outplayed and becomes less valuable
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#40 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:53 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Holman before the game said that Payne was activated mainly for insurance sake, in case another big went down they would use him. But hes still recovering from the Plantar Fascitis or whatever.

Jenkins, they said would get some minutes, apparently not. It is weird how he just is rotting on the bench in a contract year unless there is something we dont know. Why match his offer if you dont need him?

Muscala needs to play more IMO, looked mobile and had some NICE rebounds or box outs.

Teague, im coming around to Jamaals thinking, I think we see who Teague is, hes the hot cold guy hes always been. Not saying dump him now, but if Schroeder keeps improving, we need to see what we can get for him in trade....... before hes outplayed and becomes less valuable

I'm pretty sure Jenkins contract was guaranteed or mostly guaranteed. We would have been paying him either way so they kept him. I agree with you and Jamaal though. I would like to see him get some minutes. I also trust Bud and believe that there must be a legit reason why he isn't playing him. This isn't Mike Woodson or Drew. Bud has shown that he has no problem playing young guys if he thinks they are capable of producing.

Return to Atlanta Hawks