Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Re: GT: Hawks (16-7) vs Bulls (15-8) 

Post#21 » by khufure » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:59 am

ATL Boy wrote:Doug is out 6-8 weeks I think

Yes, supposedly meniscus tear.

GG. ugly ass game but y'all deserved it more than us. good luck.
Skyhawk1
Starter
And1: 102

Post#22 » by Skyhawk1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:03 am

Nice team win. We need Horford healthy really bad. He causes a lot of problems for pretty much any team we play. It's amazing how much time Thiboudeau plays these guys, no wonder they are worn out come playoff time. Noah is the heart and soul of this Bulls team. Where's the explosive Rose?
GO HAWKS.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#23 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:21 am

It's weird, people keep saying how important rebounding is but the Hawks have never won the rebounding battle, but they are still winning.

Hawks shoot a good FG%, they are 6th best in the NBA, but that is probably due to the fact that the Hawks are really good in assist, 3rd best in the NBA.

I think alot of people don't realize that the Atlanta defense is ELITE. and that is really how the Hawks are getting their wins. The Hawks don't win the rebounding battle or FGA battle, but when you look at Opponent FG%, the Hawks are 10th best in the NBA and Hawks are 5th best at defending the three.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#24 » by simon24 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:25 am

Jamaaliver wrote:BIG win for the Home Team. Wasn't the prettiest, but well earned. Glad to see us beat a perrenial favorite.

Even more excited to see AL getting stronger and more productive.

Will be savoring a W versus a club that seemes to have owned us in recent years.

One worrisome observation: That rebounding margin...is troubling. CHI was kept ion the game largely due to defense and rebounding. If we cut that offensive REBound totoal of theirs in half, we probably win comfortably.

In the playoffs...or when Joakim comes back...those are the things that could cost us.

But very excited to walk away with a Victory against a playoff favorite.

Horford used his speed to his advantage against Pau. That's the Horford I'm used to seeing.

I wish Noah was healthy so we could really gauge how good the Hawks are against the Bulls. Noah is a big part of their team.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#25 » by ATL Boy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:19 am

Skyhawk1 wrote:Nice team win. We need Horford healthy really bad. He causes a lot of problems for pretty much any team we play. It's amazing how much time Thiboudeau plays these guys, no wonder they are worn out come playoff time. Noah is the heart and soul of this Bulls team. Where's the explosive Rose?

34 year old Pau Gasol played 40 minutes tonight after playing 37 last night, that's pretty telling.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#26 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:33 am

ATL Boy wrote:
Skyhawk1 wrote:Nice team win. We need Horford healthy really bad. He causes a lot of problems for pretty much any team we play. It's amazing how much time Thiboudeau plays these guys, no wonder they are worn out come playoff time. Noah is the heart and soul of this Bulls team. Where's the explosive Rose?

34 year old Pau Gasol played 40 minutes tonight after playing 37 last night, that's pretty telling.

Indeed. Signing with CHI over SAS, OKC, ATL and MIA might have been the last great mistake of his HOF career.

Thibs is running the guy into the ground...25 games into the season.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#27 » by D21 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:46 am

ATL Boy wrote:34 year old Pau Gasol played 40 minutes tonight after playing 37 last night, that's pretty telling.

I hope for him it will not be the case, but when Pau signed with CHI, I said it could mean he would never play again with Spain, and it looks this way at this moment.
They use him like they did with Noah (who can almost never play with France because he's injured each season, like Deng was injured lots of summer and wasn't able to play for UK, like Rose who played too much for a guy jumping all over the court...)
They are really burning their players and sometimes they make them play with an injury (several times for Noah)
germanmav
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#28 » by germanmav » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:38 pm

What's going on with Dennis the last five games or so? I'm from germany, just wondering how he's doing and why his numbers are going down.
I'm from Germany, so please excuse that my English is a bit rusty.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#29 » by ATL Boy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:09 pm

germanmav wrote:What's going on with Dennis the last five games or so? I'm from germany, just wondering how he's doing and why his numbers are going down.

Probably just some growing pains, he's only in his second year and just turned 21. He'll be fine.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.

Return to Atlanta Hawks