Quincy Miller Meeting With Hawks Front Office

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Quincy Miller Meeting With Hawks Front Office 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:49 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:Quincy Miller is scheduling meetings with the Indiana Pacers, Atlanta Hawks, Oklahoma City Thunder and San Antonio Spurs as the D-League Showcase, league sources tell RealGM

Miller is currently playing with the Reno Bighorns.Via Shams Charania/RealGM
HERE

Looks like we've found the guy who will replace John Jenkins at the end of our bench.

JJ2 will be either traded or waived in the next 30+ days.

Anybody know anything about this kid?
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Re: Quincy Miller Meeting With Hawks Front Office 

Post#2 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:57 pm

Don't know anything about miller, but if he's expecting to take Jenkins minutes/spot there isn't really anything to take lol
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Post#3 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:14 am

PMOTT3 wrote:Don't know anything about miller, but if he's expecting to take Jenkins minutes/spot there isn't really anything to take lol

LOL

I was thinking it. Didn't want to say it.

He might want to focus on Indiana, NY or LAL. Places he might actually find some PT. Basically...the Kent Bazemore route.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#4 » by King Ken » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:28 am

Quincy Miller is a very talented player. i would love to have him so we can develop him more.
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#5 » by theatlfan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:21 pm

I really liked Miller in the draft a few years ago. If you recall the Baylor team with PJIII that was highly thought of, Q was on that team as well. Can't remember the specifics but I remember they ended the year on a disappointing note (either slipped in seeding or didn't go as deep as their seed should have brought them). Has been mostly confined to the bench in the NBA although his D-League numbers this year are nothing short of eye-popping (32 points per 36 jumps off the page). I do remember him at Baylor though and I can tell you what my eyeballs saw then.

As far as a player, I think he's a bit of a tweener F albeit one with incredible athleticism. This athleticism shone through even after tearing an ACL as a HS SR. He's tall (6'10") and long (7'1") but really lanky (don't think he broke 200# at Baylor although I'm sure he's filled out some by now). He does have the athleticism to play on the perimeter but he lacks some skills there - weak jump shooter and handles. The entire Baylor team wasn't interested in playing D and Miller was no exception.

Honestly I think his game fits more with the up and down nature of the D-League than it would in the an NBA. He's just more physically talented than anyone else there and will beat Gs down the court. To transition to the NBA he's either got to be committed to D or have added the weight to play the 4. I wouldn't mind taking a flier in him, but I can't say that I'd expect much - even with the impressive numbers from the D-League.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#6 » by Maf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:36 pm

You need to upgrade D-League team? Quincy won't make rotation. I had Nuggets as my fist team for some years and no. No, no, no way Quincy makes rotation of Korver, Carroll, Sefo, Baze. He can't outplay any of them. Plus, this can't be Bud's pick. Miller is stupid player, coach would need at least two years to work on him.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
hawkschop1
Junior
And1: 30

Post#7 » by hawkschop1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:36 pm

Miller signs with kings. if I have to waive and sign someone it'd be jenkins for austin daye.
hawkguy
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#8 » by hawkguy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:50 am

Not a loss for Hawks actually.

I watch him played some games while he was in Denver. He was slow and played passively.

Return to Atlanta Hawks