ImageImage

Hawks and The General Board

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Hawks and The General Board 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Hey, can we tone it down on the general board. Its nice with other fans create post about the Hawks.

I know on the general board, people can be hurtful and its natural for us to stick up for our team, but can we be mindful, respectful, and not make bold predictions about the Hawks, like "The Hawks are for sure going to make the Finals...."

The Hawks have be winning, and nobody on the team is pounding their chest after a win. They have been doing it with a quite confidence, and class. Just like the team, we should be humble and appreciate each game that goes by.

Sorry for the bully pulpit.....
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Re: Hawks and The General Board 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Well, said.
It's a reflection on our board here.
The mods that oversee the GB won't put up with it and our posters that are causing any problems will be picked off rather quickly.
I'd hate to see it happen but it's true.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#3 » by DirtybirdGA » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm

I agree, myself I wouldn't start topics like "hey look at my team", and "how do you feel about my teams players?"

On the other hand how come some Hawk fans reside on the GB, but don't mix it up here?
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#4 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:48 pm

I say fall back and let people post what and how they want to post. After all, the combination of differing posting styles and opinions are what make for a great forum. RealGM's mods are already overzealous with their censorship, unless the posts are trolling/baiting Hawks fans, so there's no need for regular posters to start trying to censor the posts of others.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 pm

DirtybirdGA wrote:I agree, myself I wouldn't start topics like "hey look at my team", and "how do you feel about my teams players?"

On the other hand how come some Hawk fans reside on the GB, but don't mix it up here?

I'm not as observant as I once was on here due to my personal life being so busy.
With that being said, I believe the posters you're referring to, post on Hawksquawk, and post on Realgm for the GB. I wish they would take part in more topics here but whatever.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#6 » by MaceCase » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Naw, every other fanbase has been allowed to stroke themselves and pat themselves on the back for winning the preseason championships yet Hawk fans can't try to get a little attention for being in the midst of a fantastic season? If VEGAS says we are the favorites to win it all then that's not a figment of Hawks fans' imaginations and wasn't fabricated by us either. If someone claims the Hawks to be "legit" as is the GB parlance then that too is true because 20,22,24 games out of whatever won, most wins in the NBA, etc. etc. is not a fluke and SHOULD have a thread about it if someplace like Detroit can get multiple ones based on winning 5 games in a row. Continuing on by claiming that the Hawks are "built for the playoffs" after the record, the stats and massacring the best that either conference has to offer isn't being boastful either.

These are just facts but because Hawk fans have inferiority complexes and because there is just a large amount of vitriol against the franchise based off of predominantly ignorance, the few of us that exist on this board aren't allowed to flex a lil pride and get in on the fun that every other has enjoyed? No, I've been on the GB defending this franchise when the only threads based on the Hawks that would make it on there were just opportunities to bash us. Oh "Hawks have no fans", "Hawks don't deserve a single All Star", "Hawks should be relocated", "Dominique Wilkins was neither good enough or iconic enough to get a statue"...........This is the type of **** that me and barely a handful of other have argued against for years because there is a whole lot of group think and tired old cliches that most cling on to when it comes to the Hawks. The Hawks were left for dead in the offseason, were ignored entirely in the beginning of the season even during the midst of the streak because "who have they beaten?", and now that opposing fans can't ignore us they are waiting for the Hawks to fail to the point that they are guaranteeing it. Enjoy it, revel in it, have some fun actually discussing something positive about the team you love for once.....if you can.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#7 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:17 am

MaceCase wrote:Naw, every other fanbase has been allowed to stroke themselves and pat themselves on the back for winning the preseason championships yet Hawk fans can't try to get a little attention for being in the midst of a fantastic season? If VEGAS says we are the favorites to win it all then that's not a figment of Hawks fans' imaginations and wasn't fabricated by us either. If someone claims the Hawks to be "legit" as is the GB parlance then that too is true because 20,22,24 games out of whatever won, most wins in the NBA, etc. etc. is not a fluke and SHOULD have a thread about it if someplace like Detroit can get multiple ones based on winning 5 games in a row. Continuing on by claiming that the Hawks are "built for the playoffs" after the record, the stats and massacring the best that either conference has to offer isn't being boastful either.

These are just facts but because Hawk fans have inferiority complexes and because there is just a large amount of vitriol against the franchise based off of predominantly ignorance, the few of us that exist on this board aren't allowed to flex a lil pride and get in on the fun that every other has enjoyed? No, I've been on the GB defending this franchise when the only threads based on the Hawks that would make it on there were just opportunities to bash us. Oh "Hawks have no fans", "Hawks don't deserve a single All Star", "Hawks should be relocated", "Dominique Wilkins was neither good enough or iconic enough to get a statue"...........This is the type of **** that me and barely a handful of other have argued against for years because there is a whole lot of group think and tired old cliches that most cling on to when it comes to the Hawks. The Hawks were left for dead in the offseason, were ignored entirely in the beginning of the season even during the midst of the streak because "who have they beaten?", and now that opposing fans can't ignore us they are waiting for the Hawks to fail to the point that they are guaranteeing it. Enjoy it, revel in it, have some fun actually discussing something positive about the team you love for once.....if you can.

Mace, on point, as usual.

Return to Atlanta Hawks