congratulations are in order

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

congratulations are in order 

Post#1 » by DirtybirdGA » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:16 am

Millsap, Teague and Horford on their all star selections.p
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Re: congratulations are in order 

Post#2 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:23 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#3 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:46 am

Well deserved! Hawks will be well represented at all star weekend with those three guys playing in the game itself, Dennis in the rising stars challenge, Korver in the 3 point challenge, and Coach Bud and staff on the sidelines. Although, I still think Korver should've made it over Wade.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Phunkabilly
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#4 » by Phunkabilly » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:56 am

ATL Boy wrote:Well deserved! Hawks will be well represented at all star weekend with those three guys playing in the game itself, Dennis in the rising stars challenge, Korver in the 3 point challenge, and Coach Bud and staff on the sidelines. Although, I still think Korver should've made it over Wade.

Korver still might get in if Wade is a no go for the game. Looks like Silver will get to make that call.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:52 am

DirtybirdGA wrote:Millsap, Teague and Horford on their all star selections.p

Indeed. All are deserving of the honor.

Horford has had a hell of a turn around in the last 6 weeks from looking like a complete stiff to looking like one of the best all-around front court players in the league again.

Paul Millsap was good enough to be a starter...He's been one of the best forwards in the NBA this season, been one of the league leaders in steals for most of the season, is the Hawks' leading scorer at 17.2 points per game, and is averaging 8.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists as well.

Al Horford beat out big men like Nikola Vucevic, Andre Drummond, and Al Jefferson, not just because of the team's success, but also because he's been one of the best big men in the NBA all season. His offense is solid and he makes 55.0 percent of his shots.

Jeff Teague has had some pretty big competition at the point guard position with Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, and other guards nipping at the heels of the Eastern Conference reserves. But Teague's brilliance in orchestrating the best team in the East had to be rewarded.

Perhaps, Kyle Korver can join them as Wade's injury replacement and give the Hawks four All-Stars.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#6 » by Rip2137 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:35 am

The Teague narrative has been confusing to me. He is clearly having a better year than Rose, I would argue at the very least equal to Lowery, and better than Wall and Irving. Yet I keep seeing how he had to sneak in. I personally feel he has clearly been the best point in the East.

Return to Atlanta Hawks