ImageImage

Jenkins an example of Hawks' Depth

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Jenkins an example of Hawks' Depth 

Post#41 » by PandaKidd » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:08 pm

I dont think im down on the Hawks, im just realistic. Historically the odds are stacked against this team.

Superstars win titles. Not systems.

Forgive me, but again, 50+ games does not a champion make. I reserve my full opinion until the playoffs. Im reserved, not negative. Im not going to sit here in March and predict sweeps in the second round vs opponents we dont know :P
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#42 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:13 pm

Realistic?

Re-read this thread and look at how many times that you attempt to skew the facts to go against the Hawks. That is nowhere close to realistic.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#43 » by PandaKidd » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:17 pm

when people are so fanatic about their team they are predicting 4 game sweeps in march, its hard for anything to be realistic.

Im not the one skewing anything, you cant skew numbers and opinions man. All this is my OPINION. You can disagree with it, but im not fibbing.

Do you think Millsap is worht 4/74 million? I dont. Thats not fibbing. thats my opinion.

Do you think we have the cap space to sign both he and DMC? Sure, is it smart? No, not IMO. Because of what ATLFAN posted. If we dont make it to the ECF then to me, RE UPPING with the same roster at vastly more money , color me MEHHHHH.

I dont blindly follow a team without taking into context the future and surroundings. I dont take regular season wins and act like that translates to the post season.

yes, realistic
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#44 » by PandaKidd » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:20 pm

whatever , im done arguing, its pointless to post in here anymore because all you guys just pile on anyone with a shred of criticism.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,257

Post#45 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:12 pm

PandaKidd wrote:whatever , im done arguing, its pointless to post in here anymore because all you guys just pile on anyone with a shred of criticism.

Hey. Hang in there, PK. I've been attacked on here more than a few times. That's actually how we met so many years ago.

Main thing to remember here: pick your battles. Some of the posters will literally never consider any argument except for their own. If it buys peace, concede and come back to it later.

Til then...here's a man hug from one straight guy to another.

PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#46 » by PandaKidd » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:24 pm

Not sure how we go from john Jenkins to DMC contract to PM Contract to predicting 2nd round sweeps and IM THE ONE being called unrealistic

I'm on 10+ forums. This one is by far the most distorted. All I said was MAN I WOULDN'T BET ON BOTH DMC AND PM BEING HERE NEXT YEAR and it gets picked apart like I said the team is the worst ever.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,257

Post#47 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:36 pm

Rip2137 wrote:When we are healthy there isn't much of a spot for him in the rotation(although I prefer him to Basemore) which sucks because SOMEONE is going to sign him and I am pretty confident that he is a special offensive player who's ability to score off the dribble and all around ball handling/passing has greatly improved since coming into the league. He will either be a contributor/key piece to a great team or a 20 per game guy on a bad team(I think he is that good).

I'm with you on your eval of JJ. I've long thought of this kid as a guy who could hold down a spot as starting SG for a lot of teams. I once even posited if he could be a featured offensive player with his shooting ability. A poor man's Reggie Miller.

Once we refused to even pick up his option, it became unlikely any team would give us anything of value for him when they could just get him for nothing in the summer.

As a player, I absolutely think he is solid. As an asset, I kind of think he's wasted. A piece of ripe fruit that simply withered and died on the vine.

I still find it hard to believe we'd rate Bazemore so much higher than Jenkins who at least has an elite skillset.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Re: 

Post#48 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:41 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Not sure how we go from john Jenkins to DMC contract to PM Contract to predicting 2nd round sweeps and IM THE ONE being called unrealistic

I'm on 10+ forums. This one is by far the most distorted. All I said was MAN I WOULDN'T BET ON BOTH DMC AND PM BEING HERE NEXT YEAR and it gets picked apart like I said the team is the worst ever.

I'm not trying to pile on any one. I was just asking questions in response to some of your comments. Some of them seemed a bit slanted and I was wondering why that was. That's all.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: 

Post#49 » by MaceCase » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:21 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Not sure how we go from john Jenkins to DMC contract to PM Contract to predicting 2nd round sweeps and IM THE ONE being called unrealistic

Because your entire opinion is based on the caveat that the Hawks will bow out early in the playoffs. Beyond saying that it isn't "smart" you also said it was impossible but thankfully you've educated yourself on that matter and admitted your mistake. You also say it's "unrealistic" to believe that the team has a chance at advancing to the ECF or Finals when historically they've already hit many of the benchmarks that would make them overwhelming favorites for a finals appearance. This is evidence based on actual data of all the past contenders and champions, superstar or not, you achieve those numbers and you're likely in that stratosphere. You claim history, but history is not in your favor. This isn't a 50+ win team either, this is a team on pace for 65 wins, that's elite. Factually wrong statements like that tend to display your bias and/or inability to engage in a meaningful conversation. So in actuality you're saying that you don't believe in history, that you are a pessimist through and through that will pose the worst case scenario as if it's the most likely scenario and then claim persecution when the "homers" call you out on it. If you're not built to take and defend controversial stances then don't take them. At the minimum, if you are going to have an opinion don't completely skew and bastardize facts to try and confirm it, just say "this is what I believe" and move on.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#50 » by azuresou1 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 3:15 pm

I don't get why you care if we field a more expensive team next year to retain our core and add some small pieces, assuming that we have a good showing in the playoffs.

Like Mace said, assuming we resign Millsap and DeMarre to reasonable deals (~$22M total between the two) and add in some small pieces, we're looking at roughly $62-$68M in total salary. That's below the salary cap, and well below the luxury tax. These are not prohibitive amounts, especially for a contending playoff team. In fact, if you look at where that stacks up compared to salaries THIS year, that's almost exactly middle of the pack (Spurs are at $67.7M).

Having money to resign Millsap and DeMarre is a non-issue. The question is whether it'd be a good idea to resignthem if they want more money, to which I'd say yes. They're not even old, they're right in the middle of their primes.

Return to Atlanta Hawks