PT: Hawks v.s. Nets - Round 1

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

PT: Hawks/Nets - Round One 

Post#441 » by ATL Boy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:45 am

Horford did what leaders do and stepped up, and hit the two biggest shots of the season tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Hawkeyes
Sixth Man
And1: 1,559

Re: PT: Hawks/Nets - Round One 

Post#442 » by Hawkeyes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:53 am

That Teague 3 at 90-89 was extremely huge as well....closest Nets had gotten all night. Just some big time plays by Teague/Horford down the stretch. Thanks guys
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#443 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:19 am

Props to bud for keeping a short leash on Schröder. He only played 10 minutes tonight but still managed to have sloppy turnovers and finished with a -2
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#444 » by Rip2137 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:42 am

If that Horford jumper is back, this series could well be over. He just wasn't pulling the trigger for a LONG time tonight. But now that finger is not attached to the ring finger he could get scary.

By the way, Lopez couldn't score on Milsap on the block. I don't understand how he is so slow but still a far more effective face up player. And a 7 fopter with a floater is damn impressive, but ai hope they got the memo to stop doubling him.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#445 » by PandaKidd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:10 am

Great game, great energy in arena. I have a feeling this is going 7 games though....
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#446 » by ATL Boy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:29 am

Coffee's gonna taste so much better in the morning after this W.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#447 » by Rip2137 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:37 am

Scary note. 4-5 starters are nursing injuries. Demarre's hand, Horford's finger. Millsap's shoulder, and Teague's ankle. We really need to close this out friday
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#448 » by MaceCase » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:20 am

Rip2137 wrote:Scary note. 4-5 starters are nursing injuries. Demarre's hand, Horford's finger. Millsap's shoulder, and Teague's ankle. We really need to close this out friday

I liked Demarre's take when he said "there's no such thing as an injury in the playoffs". Most players are hurting this time of year anyway so I like that the team aren't trying to make any excuses over it.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Post#449 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:02 am

We saw the bad Hawks again. They dominated but then let the Nets come by in the 4th.

The Hawks or all five starters need to dominated from start to finish in the next game. This is not only to close out the series, but to send a message to the rest of the NBA.

No more turn overs, no more bad shots, no more miss assignments, and no more complaining about injuries, if the Hawks are a championship team, then they need to dominate!
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#450 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:28 am

The nets have won EVERY SINGLE 4TH QUARTER this series..

That is shameful.

With that being said, I am very proud of our guys for being able to protect their own floor thus far.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#451 » by ATL Boy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:25 am

I was legitimately scared after Joe hit those back to back threes to cut it to two, thinking "here we go again." I was impressed with the fact that we were able to match them punch for punch at the end, starting with the Teague 3 after they cut it to one and ending with the Horford jumpers/Teague drives.

That being said, we have to come out better to start the 4th quarter from now on. In the last three games Brooklyn has made a big run to start the 4th and it's cost us two of those games, and it almost cost us homecourt.

Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#452 » by Antti22 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:16 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:
No more turn overs, no more bad shots, no more miss assignments, and no more complaining about injuries, if the Hawks are a championship team, then they need to dominate!

I dont know what game you were watching, but Hawks played a near perfect game in my eyes. Basketball is a game of runs, but you were able to halt every run we made with a 3pt shot. Either Teague, Carroll or Korver just came and hit an amazing shot any time we got momentum. That just took all of the air out of our runs. Also you dominated the glass ( even more than box score shows), you limited your turnovers very well, got on the break off of our turnovers AND also hit your mid range shots very well.

It was inevitable that the Nets will make a run at it some time, even after being down big after first quarter, and you took it extremely well, dismantling our non-existant defense again and again.

Also, Injuries are nothing at this point, all teams have them, everyone is playing a bit banged up. Just like Demarre said, its playoffs.

Still holding out my hope for 7-game series. The Nets have been down 2-3 every year now in the first round ( during Brooklyn era), and they lost the first one in game 7 and won second one in game 7. This time im just hoping they manage to get to game 7, and then it is kind of 60/40 chanche, which I will gladly take.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,474

Post#453 » by dms269 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:42 pm

I fell asleep and as soon as I turned it on, Jack hit a 3. My luck.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#454 » by Goudelock » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:06 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I was a nervous wreck during the final 3 minutes of the game. Jarrett Jack was hitting shots, and all I was thinking was "Is it possible for a game to go by where one of the Net's PGs doesn't get in the zone? Is that too much to ask?"

It was nice to see all of the starters firing on all cylinders (sans Millsap). But what the heck is wrong with Dennis? He's not playing anything like he did during the RS. He looks out-of-control.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#455 » by PandaKidd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:02 pm

So something interesting last night............

I sit by the opposing teams front office people, billy king was 4 feet from me. This guy, prob mid 30s, bald with glasses, really nerdy looking dude. Must have something to do with the GM people. Anyways game ends, we are leaving and these two 50+ year old SOBER fans behind us yell "See you in brooklyn for your last game!". Completely harmless. The Nets FO guy was ready to throw down. He yelled back "youre the #1 seed no one is impressed, you guys are a joke"

I was stunned, needless to say King grabbed him and they ran him out of the arena.

Was interesting.

As for the game, LOUD arena, we were chanting MVTEAGUE at one point. REFS YOU SUCK was nice as well. Ive never seen the arena that loud. There was a stretch where in the 4th they cut it to 2 and Bud called TO. Teague SLAMMED the ball on the court and proceeded to yell at the group. I loved it, FIRE, PASSION, LEADERSHIP. They came out with a purpose after that. It was him saying cmon not this again, we are better than this. I loved it. Old Teague would have hung his head and gone into his shell.

Horford they dared him to shoot. He finally started and when he hit, you could just see the other elements of the offense opening up. But in the first half they attacked attacked attacked.
We won:
rebounds
points in the paint
fast break points
3ptm

Give the nets credit man, they have more talent than you think. REG Season records dont matter. I watched Anderson take that game over for them. They hit TOUGH SHOT AFTER TOUGH SHOT over and over again. Props to them, I think this is going 7 games.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,371

Post#456 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Big win. Relieved we got the victory, but concerned that we have struggled so much to shake free of the underachieving NETS.

NOTE: I absolutely LOVE Alan Anderson.

I want Wes Matthews/Alan Anderson/John Jenkins as my SG rotation next season!!!!!
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#457 » by Rip2137 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Yeah, Alan Anderson has really won me over. I always liked him as a hard working solid player but his ball handling has improved so much that he can drive on people and he is a solid passer.

I am still worried about our nonexistent bench production though.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#458 » by ATL Boy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:28 pm

I know we didn't see him last night but if he plays in game 6 then Mike Scott needs to go Microwave Scott and just get hot. He's a guy whom we all know can take over and bury the opposing team when he gets confident, we saw it multiple times: Indiana, Golden State, Detroit ect. I just have a feeling that game 6 could be his platform, he's due.

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#459 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:36 pm

ATL Boy wrote:I know we didn't see him last night but if he plays in game 6 then Mike Scott needs to go Microwave Scott and just get hot. He's a guy whom we all know can take over and bury the opposing team when he gets confident, we saw it multiple times: Indiana, Golden State, Detroit ect. I just have a feeling that game 6 could be his platform, he's due.

I completely agree that Scott is due. TWICE now Brooklyn has had a role player get crazy hot in this series. First it was Jarrett Jack, then it was Alan Anderson. I'm not counting D-Will's performance because he's a starter. Where is our role player that steps up and gets super hot?
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#460 » by Rip2137 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:18 pm

We are due one. Mack has a history of getting hot as well. SOMEBODY is due.

Return to Atlanta Hawks