PT: Hawks v.s. Cavaliers - ECF

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,491

Re: PT: Hawks v.s. Cavaliers - ECF 

Post#441 » by dms269 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:37 pm

We need toughness. The Spurs had it with Bowen. The Cavs have it with delly. We need someone who can get under people's skin and be a cheap shot player without it being a starter.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Re: 

Post#442 » by Hawk Eye » Mon May 25, 2015 2:38 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:There was also when Bron got a rebound and started swinging his arms around with high elbows.

ugadawgs, I've also just created an official draft thread with the draft right around the corner to clean up the board a bit. Can you please sticky that thread as well when you get the chance? It should be the last of the off-season related threads.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#443 » by Goudelock » Mon May 25, 2015 3:35 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:We need toughness. The Spurs had it with Bowen. The Cavs have it with delly. We need someone who can get under people's skin and be a cheap shot player without it being a starter.

Pero?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

Post#444 » by FCNATL85 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:45 pm

This isa learning experience for the team but it raised a valid question: PO are made of scrappy plays and Kyle might not be the best at it with the tioughness needed. It is even more obvious when he is going through dry spell shooting. Another point, he will turn 34 soon. Granted that Thabo was in the picture, a healthier DMC and Bazemore, it still think that we should add one strong wing rather than JJ sitting on the bench and bring a big that can protect the ring a bit. Disappointed that we did not use EB 5' here and there and extend his play if productive, He has been in those battles and knows how to play. He might not have the legs anymore but have the smarts and the heart.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#445 » by Goudelock » Mon May 25, 2015 4:13 pm

ATL Boy wrote:I honestly hope that Horford's only regret is that he didn't make better contact with the elbow. You can't let Dellevadova keep getting away with deliberately trying to injure players.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Question: If one of our scrappy players, let's say Shelvin Mack, was diving on the floor and "accidentally" rolled onto Lebron or Kyrie's legs, hurting them in the process, do you honestly think that Cleveland fans would be talking about it being a "scrappy play by a player who's had to fight to stay in the league"? Of course not; they'd be *****ing and whining like there was no tomorrow, calling for banishment from the league for Shelvin.

And is it just me, or does most Cleveland fans have a persecution complex? They always talk about how many threads bash on their team, when it seems like you can't go a game without a thread discussing whether the Hawks are frauds or the Knicks/Lakers suck. Where were all of these fans last year?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#446 » by dms269 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:15 pm

PockyCandy wrote:
uga_dawgs24 wrote:We need toughness. The Spurs had it with Bowen. The Cavs have it with delly. We need someone who can get under people's skin and be a cheap shot player without it being a starter.

Pero?

Would prefer it to be a wing player. Pero playing tough against a pg just seems like bad news for him.

What both of those guys seem to have is they play extremely tough defense. That is what we need. DMC started off like it but he has developed.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#447 » by dms269 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Pero is just clumsy. he looks mean but seems to be a big soft teddy bear.

Where is Ivan when you need him?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Re: 

Post#448 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 25, 2015 5:14 pm

PandaKidd wrote:WINDHORST throwing shade at Hawks lol "weakest team hes ever faced"

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-caval ... ff-heroics

Based on the results, there are definitely some arguments to be made that we are the weakest Conference Finals Team in years.

This series is as bad as anything that occurred in the first round. We deserved all the praise we got in the regular season.. We deserve all the criticism we receive this post season.

We need talent and size.

No excuses or caveats. We need to get better.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#449 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon May 25, 2015 5:25 pm

IMO you don't have to be an apologist to defend this play. It does look like Horford started everything but going over Dellavadova's back to tip the ball and then grabbing Delladova to prevent him from going after the ball. It was this grab that helped to propel both players over the prone hawks player and what inevitably cause Delly to make contact with Horfords leg. It wasn't in any way a dirty play on Delly's part, but I do know he can be an annoying player. Folks are just making up scenarios to at least partially explain your bad luck. IMO
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

PT: Hawks v.s. Cavaliers - ECF 

Post#450 » by ATL Boy » Mon May 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Korver reportedly out 4-6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#451 » by PandaKidd » Mon May 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Yeah korver supposedly needs surgery, could be out till November.

No official word though that I've seen.

If this regime doesn't get a center , and I mean a real rebounding big this off season I'll really be shocked
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#452 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Bleacher Report quote sums it all up for me:

So Friday night offered a study in the differences of stardom. The entire Hawks starting five was named Eastern Conference "Player" of the Month for their perfect January, and four of them were chosen for the All-Star Game. But in late May, you wouldn't trade James for all of them.

We need more talent. We won with C-Level (Korver) and D-Level (Pero) talent getting major burn. Upgrade both positions ASAP to get to the next level.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#453 » by Rip2137 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:41 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:IMO you don't have to be an apologist to defend this play. It does look like Horford started everything but going over Dellavadova's back to tip the ball and then grabbing Delladova to prevent him from going after the ball. It was this grab that helped to propel both players over the prone hawks player and what inevitably cause Delly to make contact with Horfords leg. It wasn't in any way a dirty play on Delly's part, but I do know he can be an annoying player. Folks are just making up scenarios to at least partially explain your bad luck. IMO

I am so tired of this post.

We have eyes...there is video. There is a clear push off with both legs into Horfords leg. Delly was going down, then changes momentum and pushed back into horfords legs at the last second. What this scenario people are making up suggest is that Delly was falling, then Horford basically lifted him, pulling him into his own leg and that, simply didn't happen.

He was clearly trying to take him out of the play, just like he tried to take Gibson out the play, he tried to take Korver out the play and how he tried to take Teague out the play by grabbing at his ankle later in the game. Do I think he is trying to tear a ACL? No. Do I think he cares if he tears a ACL while taking someone out a play? No.

Like Chris Webber and Kenny Smith(and to some extents Shaq and Miller) were explaining last night is that there are unwritten rules in the NBA when it comes to going at someones leg or shoving them/going underneath them while they are in the air. Chris and Kenny WANTED to outright call him dirty but were being professional about it. Reggie and Shaq weren't sure. Charles thought it was a clean play.

Like has been said over and over again, if this was John Jenkins throwing his body into Lebrons leg, we would see bloody murder being screamed.
playa_lev
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#454 » by playa_lev » Mon May 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Rip2137 wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:IMO you don't have to be an apologist to defend this play. It does look like Horford started everything but going over Dellavadova's back to tip the ball and then grabbing Delladova to prevent him from going after the ball. It was this grab that helped to propel both players over the prone hawks player and what inevitably cause Delly to make contact with Horfords leg. It wasn't in any way a dirty play on Delly's part, but I do know he can be an annoying player. Folks are just making up scenarios to at least partially explain your bad luck. IMO

I am so tired of this post.

We have eyes...there is video. There is a clear push off with both legs into Horfords leg. Delly was going down, then changes momentum and pushed back into horfords legs at the last second. What this scenario people are making up suggest is that Delly was falling, then Horford basically lifted him, pulling him into his own leg and that, simply didn't happen.

I cut together earlier today a clip from that because I felt the same way. Wanted to show to some friends what didn't I like about how Dellavedova " fall. Dellavedova could have fall without touching Horfords leg imo, but when he lost balance and felt that he will fall he clearly pushed himself toward Horford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8PfuE1CAMc
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#455 » by ATL Boy » Mon May 25, 2015 9:52 pm

No suspension for Al Horford.

Let's just take this a game at a time now. Focus on just game 4, win that and you're back at home for 5, win that and it's suddenly 3-2 with all the pressure on them to close us out in game 6 in their own building. If I was coach Bud, I'd put up "0-0" on the board pregame and tell the team to focus on being 1-0 at the end of the night.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#456 » by Geaux_Hawks » Tue May 26, 2015 12:57 am

ATL Boy wrote:No suspension for Al Horford.

Let's just take this a game at a time now. Focus on just game 4, win that and you're back at home for 5, win that and it's suddenly 3-2 with all the pressure on them to close us out in game 6 in their own building. If I was coach Bud, I'd put up "0-0" on the board pregame and tell the team to focus on being 1-0 at the end of the night.

Was out last night having a few drinks after the game, and I was just talking to some local guys about how we played a damn good game without so many key players. I mean IDK what the last play of regulation was, but we were in a GW shot situation to almost win that game.

After thinking about, I wouldn't mind being the team defied the odds and went on to win the series after being down 3-0. It would be a truly historical moment. It only takes one game at a time to climb out and win this, and we've showed that we can play with the Cavs.

IDK about anyone else, but I like the way you're thinking. Teague also made a comment i think saying how somebody has to do it after being asked about their chances of winning the series.
Hawkeyes
Sixth Man
And1: 1,559

Post#457 » by Hawkeyes » Tue May 26, 2015 4:00 am

I looked back at some of the end of the game plays and noticed something very disturbing. We had the ball up 104-103 with 26 seconds left and a full shot clock, yet we rushed into a shot and got blocked. We could have held the ball till 4, 3 seconds and took a shot or forced the Cavs to foul us and potentially go up 106-103. Just an absolute brain fart....our team lost the script in the last minute and really blew an opportunity to be down 1 in the series. Oh well.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#458 » by DirtybirdGA » Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Very discouraging.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#459 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 26, 2015 7:16 pm

PockyCandy wrote:Question: If one of our scrappy players, let's say Shelvin Mack, was diving on the floor and "accidentally" rolled onto Lebron or Kyrie's legs, hurting them in the process, do you honestly think that Cleveland fans would be talking about it being a "scrappy play by a player who's had to fight to stay in the league"? Of course not; they'd be *****ing and whining like there was no tomorrow, calling for banishment from the league for Shelvin.

Some of us would be objective about it, and many would not. No different than the Hawks fans who initially saw nothing wrong with the Korver play, or the ones that since Horford pulled Delly in to him have concluded it must have been intentional.

If you actually care about the truth, the noise doesn't matter.

PockyCandy wrote:And is it just me, or does most Cleveland fans have a persecution complex? They always talk about how many threads bash on their team, when it seems like you can't go a game without a thread discussing whether the Hawks are frauds or the Knicks/Lakers suck. Where were all of these fans last year?

We stick up for our team when blindly attacked just like any other good fan base would do if subjected to the same. Or have you not noticed that all season long there have been multiple threads on the main forum bashing the Cavs for something or another?

LeBron James (and the drama around him) are propping up the NBA, generating terrific ratings and page clicks that keeps the money flowing for the NBA and all their partners.

In that sense, yes, the Cleveland fan base is an easy touch. I'd love to see the numbers on it, but I bet that when Stephen A Smith goes off on the Knicks and how horrible they are that it barely generates any increased views compared to if he goes off against the Cavs.

Want clicks? Want views? Say something nasty about the Cavs.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#460 » by PandaKidd » Tue May 26, 2015 7:34 pm

I dont think Dellavedova is a dirty player, what I think he is , is a guy who is reckless and doesnt care if other people get hurt. I dont think he INTENTIONALLY took out Korver or went after Al, what i think is he makes a conscience effort to use his entire body as a contact point to play a type of "chicken" with the other player.

Its easy to solve that, you set a HARD screen on him and let him know.

If he continues to do it, you send out John Jenkins or someone to accidently drop an elbow. And tell him to "play clean"

What im mad about is the absolute HORSE **** Flagrant 2 call.

Return to Atlanta Hawks