ImageImage

Let's Start a Petition!

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Let's Start a Petition! 

Post#1 » by chrismikayla » Sat May 16, 2015 4:44 pm

For Coach Bud to Please, Please, Please give ALL of Pero's minutes to Muscala.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Re: Let's Start a Petition! 

Post#2 » by Goudelock » Sat May 16, 2015 8:20 pm

I've been saying this all year! I know that Pero is lovable and stuff, but he's useless out there. His defense is mediocre, he's a meh rebounder, and Pero is a stretch 5 who can't really shoot and floats around the arc. MOOSE is a young athletic guy who actually rebounds, can finish inside, and probably can shoot as well as Pero. His defense isn't awful either.

So I'll sign your imaginary petition. Please Coach Bud, give Muscala all of Pero's minutes. I can't survive watching him launch 3 pointers that have no chance of going in.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
ddsdevil
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by ddsdevil » Sat May 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Especially since Muscala has proven a capable three point threat in his own right. He's given us a lot off the bench.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#4 » by Hawk Eye » Sun May 17, 2015 12:06 am

I've been on the Pero hate train for a while now. I would love nothing more than to give every last drop of Pero's minutes to Moose.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Post#5 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:25 am

Pero is great at setting picks. But Muscala is coming to his own at the right time. And some of us knew coach Budz was going to use Muscala as a secret weapon in the playoffs.

Muscala is slowly turning into our own version of Taj Gibson for the Bulls, a solid starter who come off the bench for the team.

There is a reason why coach Budz traded away Bebe but kept Muscala, and we are seeing it now.
TRU2ATL
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#6 » by TRU2ATL » Sun May 17, 2015 8:10 am

i hate Pero's hesitation at the 3 point line. i see him warming up, gets the pass shoots and swish. i know in game is different. but that pump fake drives me crazy. defence his a big body on the post but has no lift.
Muscala can hit from all sections of the floor, runs harder in transition, a bit weaker vs the bigger centers in the post but he is a long defender, jumps at every shot which makes it harder on the other team.
so yeaa im happy for Mike to take the minutes..
Skyhawk1
Starter
And1: 102

Post#7 » by Skyhawk1 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:02 am

I must admit that I've been a bit disappointed in coach's bud job this post season. Pero should never ever ever see a minute. That's a mistake we did during the season by just watching other teams make trades. We thought our bigs were too good, I mean Kanter was acquired for almost nothing. How can you let A. Payne go because he's supposedly a low IQ basketball player and keep M. Scott ?!?!?!?! Apparently he gives Dennis all the freedom to make decisions and hold the ball for ever in crunch time. We struggled against an aging Nets team and also against a Wall less Wizards. The plays he calls after time out are just not crisp. The best shot we could get in game 5 against Washington was a contested lay up by Schroeder against a bigger guard in Wall? In game 3 in Washington Pero takes the first couple of shots even though he shoots like 29% ffrom 3?!?!!? Again, my biggest problem isn't Pero, he flat out sucks, but coach allowing him to be on the floor.
GO HAWKS.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#8 » by Goudelock » Mon May 18, 2015 3:26 am

PMOTT3 wrote:I've been on the Pero hate train for a while now. I would love nothing more than to give every last drop of Pero's minutes to Moose.

When I first got on RGM I made a thread about MOOSE > Pero, and some person showed me that Pero was playing because he had some gaudy +/- stats and that the offense functions fine with him in there*. I'm going to guess that his plus minus numbers aren't so great now.

*I'm about 90% sure that this happened. If i could use the search system to verify this, i would.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,352

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 18, 2015 4:58 am

PockyCandy wrote:When I first got on RGM I made a thread about MOOSE > Pero, and some person showed me that Pero was playing because he had some gaudy +/- stats and that the offense functions fine with him in....

*I'm about 90% sure that this happened. If i could use the search system to verify this, i would.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1374756
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#10 » by Rip2137 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:19 pm

So...we just gonna ignore that Pero was the best player off the bench for this team until like midway into the 2nd round?

That said, there is no offensive threat with their bigs, so Muscala should play more.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#11 » by PandaKidd » Tue May 19, 2015 1:25 am

Muscala is a vastly superior player just from watching a few games. He shoots just as well as Pero from outside, hes a better shot alter-er , hes a better rebounder.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#12 » by MaceCase » Tue May 19, 2015 5:56 am

*Starts petition to tell award winning coach with basically every Atlanta record how to coach*

Don't ever change, RealGM.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#13 » by theatlfan » Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm thinking the debate here isn't looking at this right. Muscala has replaced Mike Scott in the lineup so far - not Pero. The question that should be on the table isn't whether Muscala should replace Pero's minutes, but whether Scott should replace Pero's minutes. In this, I would say "no, Pero deserves the PT over Scott". The only thing Scott brings to the game is his shot which is streaky; Pero also brings heady play which equates to good D even if his shot is actually more streaky (eh, maybe that's not the best way to put it... more likely to be in the midst of a bad streak) than Scott's.
td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#14 » by td00 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:01 pm

I miss Scott in the lineup, and the Wizards were probably not the best matchup for Scott.

I expect him back in the rotation, and I don't mind giving Al a breather or 2 with Pero.
But now's the time to get the most out of our best.

We have to have Game 1, which btw, the Cavs have never won on the road......0-14.

It should be a special night tonight.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#15 » by PandaKidd » Wed May 20, 2015 7:40 pm

MaceCase wrote:*Starts petition to tell award winning coach with basically every Atlanta record how to coach*

Don't ever change, RealGM.

LOL

Salty. So so salty. Great perspective, wood read again.

Muscala is the backup PF, but usually Bud rotates in Pero for AH. Then we get a weird rotation of Scott/Muscala/Pero/AH while they rotate the starters through.

I mean its worked all year so I see your point. But, I have to think that Muscala can play C, he did last series. He should come in for AH IMO , play with Millsap. I like his rebounding and shot altering ability more.

But then we are forced to use Scott as Millsaps backup unless we bring in AH for Millsap .........
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#16 » by PandaKidd » Wed May 20, 2015 7:42 pm

theatlfan wrote:I'm thinking the debate here isn't looking at this right. Muscala has replaced Mike Scott in the lineup so far - not Pero. The question that should be on the table isn't whether Muscala should replace Pero's minutes, but whether Scott should replace Pero's minutes. In this, I would say "no, Pero deserves the PT over Scott". The only thing Scott brings to the game is his shot which is streaky; Pero also brings heady play which equates to good D even if his shot is actually more streaky (eh, maybe that's not the best way to put it... more likely to be in the midst of a bad streak) than Scott's.

All I know is what I saw with my eyes:

Muscala is more active, more athletic. Alters more shots, and hit buckets from midrange, something Pero NEVER does. Pero is basically WIDE OPEN 3 or nothing at all but a screen setter.

I just think Muscala SHOULD be the backup C. Lets not act crazy here, Pero gets pushed around in the post, so , if we are going to get pushed around, Id rather let Muscala do it, hes got a better shot at getting the REB and or contesting the shot.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,841

Post#17 » by DirtybirdGA » Wed May 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Yes, Pero would usually set a screen back up and launch a 3, I like MM hitting jumpers inside the arc, similar to Al.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.

Return to Atlanta Hawks