Wizards (3-2) @ Hawks (6-1) 7:30 Eastern Time

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: Wizards (3-2) @ Hawks (6-1) 7:30 Eastern Time 

Post#21 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:20 am

PandaKidd wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Next man up is what it's looked like so far. Come next season we might be feeling similar anxiety over losing Holiday or Patterson if Bazemore prices himself out of Bud's plans.

Thats what I was thinking as well. The SF position looks to be a COME SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT then get paid type position. Which Im ok with.

IIRC Holiday and THJ are both signed for the next 2 years correct ? (According to BBRef.com).

Hardaway and Dennis had their 16-17 options picked up already but there would be far less worry about losing him because he would be entering restricted free agency (that's a qualifying offer, not option) where the Hawks would have the right of first refusal and regardless, he was traded for so the team has full Bird rights on him because they transfer in trades.

Holiday and Bazemore, because of their 2 year deals, would fall underneath the same situation as DeMarre where the team only has early Bird rights on them. I'm sure we've already discussed that enough here and elsewhere for you to get the full gist on that. Patterson on the other hand is a bit more protected under the Gilbert Arenas provision as the team's own 2nd rounder despite only having a 2 year deal so unless someone pulls a Daryl Morey on the team and tries to Asik/Lin him, retaining him should be easier if need be.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#22 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:18 pm

MaceCase wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Next man up is what it's looked like so far. Come next season we might be feeling similar anxiety over losing Holiday or Patterson if Bazemore prices himself out of Bud's plans.

Thats what I was thinking as well. The SF position looks to be a COME SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT then get paid type position. Which Im ok with.

IIRC Holiday and THJ are both signed for the next 2 years correct ? (According to BBRef.com).

Hardaway and Dennis had their 16-17 options picked up already but there would be far less worry about losing him because he would be entering restricted free agency (that's a qualifying offer, not option) where the Hawks would have the right of first refusal and regardless, he was traded for so the team has full Bird rights on him because they transfer in trades.

Holiday and Bazemore, because of their 2 year deals, would fall underneath the same situation as DeMarre where the team only has early Bird rights on them. I'm sure we've already discussed that enough here and elsewhere for you to get the full gist on that. Patterson on the other hand is a bit more protected under the Gilbert Arenas provision as the team's own 2nd rounder despite only having a 2 year deal so unless someone pulls a Daryl Morey on the team and tries to Asik/Lin him, retaining him should be easier if need be.

when you say LOSING HIM you are speaking of THJ correct?

THJ is on this team, period , for the next 2 years (this year and next), right?

Bazemore becomes UFA end of this year.

Holiday we are under contract with until the end of NEXT year correct?

So , in a vacuum, if Bazemore left, we would still have Holiday/THJ under contract . I understand how dumb it can be discussing FA 9 games into a season, but i guess my point was that they traded for THJ and then picked up his option. Hes not going anywhere, and neither is Holliday.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#23 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:31 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
MaceCase wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:Thats what I was thinking as well. The SF position looks to be a COME SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT then get paid type position. Which Im ok with.

when you say LOSING HIM you are speaking of THJ correct?

THJ is on this team, period , for the next 2 years (this year and next), right?

Bazemore becomes UFA end of this year.

Holiday we are under contract with until the end of NEXT year correct?

So , in a vacuum, if Bazemore left, we would still have Holiday/THJ under contract . I understand how dumb it can be discussing FA 9 games into a season, but i guess my point was that they traded for THJ and then picked up his option. Hes not going anywhere, and neither is Holliday.

Yea, well I was speaking more in a long term perpetual manner with all of the current wings. We may fear losing Bazemore in the next summer similar to how we lost DeMarre last summer so I'm applying that based on how they each developed in the system it's possible that we could be sitting here fearing losing Holiday two summers from now when he possibly breaks out.

Beyond that, yea, all of the wings save for Bazemore are locked up for next year.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#24 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Kind of interesting to me that you have aging wings in Korver/Thabo and you have these other guys on short short 2 year deals. But, this is also showing a lot of guys (IMO) that you can come here, thrive, and be successful. So that may be better long term in terms of building a lasting franchise.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:34 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Kind of interesting to me that you have aging wings in Korver/Thabo and you have these other guys on short short 2 year deals. But, this is also showing a lot of guys (IMO) that you can come here, thrive, and be successful. So that may be better long term in terms of building a lasting franchise.

Indeed. We feature perennial All Stars at PG, PF and Center. Plus we have (arguably) the best backups at Center and PG in the league.

I often wonder where (if) Bud and Wes will find the long term replacements for vets like DeMarre, Korver and Thabo from.

Hoping Bud can turn either Teague or Dennis into the next Kawhi the same way he did with George Hill.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#26 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:43 pm

I think you have seen , and this is my personal observations, that Teague is a little more explosive and consistent. teague has a HIGH floor , but his ceiling, while pretty damn good, isnt ELITE in terms of someone like Westbrook , etc.

DS his floor is lower than Teagues, but his ceiling is higher. Again i REALLY value people who can shoot jump shots, and Teague cant. Surprised he has never learned how despite being as good as he is.

Return to Atlanta Hawks