ImageImage

11/9 Timberwolves at Hawks

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: 11/9 Timberwolves at Hawks 

Post#21 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:11 am

urinesane wrote:Holy crap that was an insane comeback.

Hawks have a lot of fight in them (and apparently all your big men can hit 3's).

Crazy game, looking forward to seeing a tough battle in MN.

Bjelica hit some big 3s to stem the Hawks tide himself. Was most surprised by Wiggins' poise in that 4th, didn't seem fazed much by the Hawks' run, just went to work and made things happen.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#22 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:54 am

TWolves announcers were pretty adamant that JT0 should expect a suspension for the punch intentional foul he inflicted in the closing minutes.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
xccelerate
Junior
And1: 95

Post#23 » by xccelerate » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:00 am

They should suspend him a game b/c nothing was called.

I wish Thabo was playing at the end guarding Wiggins. That's why we have him.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#24 » by azuresou1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:TWolves announcers were pretty adamant that JT0 should expect a suspension for the punch intentional foul he inflicted in the closing minutes.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Absolutely should get suspended a game. Can't mush a dude in the face just because you're angry that you're not getting whistles. Frustration fouls are one thing, a face slap/mush is an entirely different thing. That's leagues more disrespectful. Serious fights have been started for less than that.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#25 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Teague should get a game and a fine. He was clearly frustrated, in his defense though he was getting manhandled ALL NIGHT and not getting any calls. Rubio was very subtle in his grabbing, hand checking and the refs were AWFUL.

Wiggins was phenomenal. CLE will curse the day they let him go. They could have had him in his prime at the end of LBJs prime and could have been ready for the nest 4-5 years. Id rather have Wiggins now than Love. Just my preference.

Things I noticed:
Wiggins was getting doubled somewhere near the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th. They would rotate splitter over and at some points DS was guarding him. WHY DID THEY STOP THAT?

Wiggins kept getting an elbow screen and the defender (BAZE) would go under and Wiggins would pull up and nail that jumper. He must have hit 8 in a row at one point. Im not sure why they kept going under.

Timberwolves played aggressive from the tip. They were more physical and that kind of got to the Hawks who settled for jumpers in the first half (and nothing was hitting).

The Defense was just not great this evening, and I was surprised how long Millsap sat during key stretches in the second half.

Anyone see the last CHARGE called on Bazemore? He was clearly out of control, but, watching from the seats I didnt see HOW Bjelicas feet were even close to set. Baze was driving on a fast break and he just got in front of him, not set, BaZE ran him over and they called a charge?
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#26 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:02 pm

MaceCase wrote:
urinesane wrote:Holy crap that was an insane comeback.

Hawks have a lot of fight in them (and apparently all your big men can hit 3's).

Crazy game, looking forward to seeing a tough battle in MN.

Bjelica hit some big 3s to stem the Hawks tide himself. Was most surprised by Wiggins' poise in that 4th, didn't seem fazed much by the Hawks' run, just went to work and made things happen.

He couldnt miss. Like I said, im pretty sure he hit 8 in a row at one point.

A Shot i took last night of some star power.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#27 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:19 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Anyone see the last CHARGE called on Bazemore? He was clearly out of control, but, watching from the seats I didnt see HOW Bjelicas feet were even close to set. Baze was driving on a fast break and he just got in front of him, not set, BaZE ran him over and they called a charge?

Well that's a charge. I don't know where it began but I'm likely going to blame broadcasters because they are always the loudest about it despite being wrong but you don't need your feet set to take a charge, it's your body. You can establish defensive position by sliding into a spot first and that's it, you're entitled to that space. Of course, refs screw it up from time to time with their interpretations awarding floppers or by calling a foul against the defender when defending Lebron the exact same way but letter of the law doesn't require the feet to be set unless you're discussing set outside the restricted area.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#28 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Yeah im aware of the rule, your feet dont have to be set, its your torso mainly, unless in the restricted circle. Just looked to me like they were both moving, thought it was a block more than a charge. Bjelica was moving (sliding) with his feet outside his shoulders, thats almost ALWAYS a block IMO.

But, the fact Baze ducked his head was prob what made it an easy offensive charge.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#29 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:57 pm

It looked like he was pretty much just there despite moving and then, of course, Baze basically ducked into him rather than the other way around. Had Baze tried to maneuver in the outside direction and he was still sliding then Baze probably would have gotten the call but he decided "f it, shortest path between two points..." and tried to split through the defenders. I've seen more than a few similar calls before on breaks where the defender is back peddling and the offensive player decides they are going to run into them rather than go around, so yea, Baze didn't do himself any favors by not only going into the defenders but looking like a charging bull too. I'm sure Baze has a rep for being out of control and wreckless also so that probably wasn't working in his favor either.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#30 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:59 pm

I had an argument with someone about that last night as well, so lets say Westbrook is in the open court on a fast break and the defender is backpeddaling. If Westbrook keeps going in a straight line and (because hes faster) runs into/over the back peddling defender, is that a charge or blocking foul?

I always though the Offensive player had the right to the space first, hence the whole "Defender must :BEAT: the Off Player to the space first and establish position to draw a charge" wording.

yeah found a replay, I would have called that a charge on Bazemore. He didnt do himself any favors, in full speed he clearly lowers his head and runs into him. Prob didnt help they were chippy with that Minny player all game too, prob was deliberate.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#31 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Westbrook is actually a prime example of a guy who would run you over while you were back pedaling in your own lane and actually used to get called for charges on it. He's since learned this annoying last micro-second euro-step where he basically gets almost in your chest then sidesteps so the defender catches him on the shoulder. Refs almost ALWAYS interpret it as the defender leaned into him now despite them being in the same plane the whole time.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,489

Post#32 » by dms269 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:22 pm

MaceCase wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:Anyone see the last CHARGE called on Bazemore? He was clearly out of control, but, watching from the seats I didnt see HOW Bjelicas feet were even close to set. Baze was driving on a fast break and he just got in front of him, not set, BaZE ran him over and they called a charge?

Well that's a charge. I don't know where it began but I'm likely going to blame broadcasters because they are always the loudest about it despite being wrong but you don't need your feet set to take a charge, it's your body. You can establish defensive position by sliding into a spot first and that's it, you're entitled to that space. Of course, refs screw it up from time to time with their interpretations awarding floppers or by calling a foul against the defender when defending Lebron the exact same way but letter of the law doesn't require the feet to be set unless you're discussing set outside the restricted area.

They agreed that it was a charge as well last night
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#33 » by Maf » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:44 pm

I hate to blame referees after a loss but damn, Callahan (most of them) sucked ass.

And I am pretty sure Teague will be suspended for punching Bjelica. :(
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#34 » by HMFFL » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Very embarrassing loss last night.
I hope they do us a favor and beat Charlotte tonight just as bad.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#35 » by urinesane » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:19 pm

Pretty sure it was Rubio that took that charge on Bazemore and it looked legit (Bazemore was out of control and Rubio had the angle).

Don't feel bad though, Rubio is one of the league leaders in drawing offensive fouls.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#36 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 pm

urinesane wrote:Pretty sure it was Rubio that took that charge on Bazemore and it looked legit (Bazemore was out of control and Rubio had the angle).

Don't feel bad though, Rubio is one of the league leaders in drawing offensive fouls.

Yeah i cant recall, I swear it was the big tall white euro kid AND Rubio maybe .
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#37 » by urinesane » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:33 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
urinesane wrote:Pretty sure it was Rubio that took that charge on Bazemore and it looked legit (Bazemore was out of control and Rubio had the angle).

Yeah i cant recall, I swear it was the big tall white euro kid AND Rubio maybe .

It was 100% Rubio.

With a key charge taken late in the fourth in Atlanta, Ricky now leads the league with offensive fouls drawn with 9. He is tied with Ersan Ilyasova.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#38 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:31 pm

azuresou1 wrote:...a face slap/mush is an entirely different thing. That's leagues more disrespectful. Serious fights have been started for less than that.

Agreed. Geno Smith can attest to that.

But it looks as though JT0 escaped further punishment for the time being.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/664469174849306625[/tweet]
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#39 » by PandaKidd » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:32 pm

He will have to serve AUTO 1 Game Suspension doe.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#40 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:43 pm

Are you sure about that? He now has 2 points.

The rule reads:
Player at 2 points commits a FFP2: automatic one-game suspension.
Player at 3 or 4 points commits a FFP1: automatic one-game suspension
Player at 3 or 4 points commits a FFP2: automatic two-game suspension
Player at 5 points or more commits a FFP1 or FFP2: automatic two-game suspension

So I see that if he commits another flagrant and gets to 3 points he gets suspended for 1 game.

Return to Atlanta Hawks