ImageImage

Hawks FINALLY ready to break up core?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Hawks FINALLY ready to break up core? 

Post#61 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:12 pm

dbrandon wrote:Noticed you guys mentioned OKC as a trade partner further up in the thread. We discussed something based around Ibaka for Horford on T&T. Would there be interest, and what would it take to get it done?

Honestly I don't think Presti would move him, but if it were to happen, what does it take?

You don't have to sell us on Ibaka. He'd be a welcome addition to a Hawks frontcourt that all too often gets bullied in the paint and outworked on the boards.

Horford is an expiring, so I'd think Horford for Ibaka straight-up(with perhaps a pick swap this summer) would get trade talks going.
td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#62 » by td00 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:21 pm

DBrandon, why don't we just move Horford/+goodies for Durant? Not happening, I know.......but Durant may not be any more loyal to OKC than Al.

Ibaka is probably more realistic, but I would think Bud values Al more than an even swap.

I don't recall any deadline deals being done that helped a team majorly improve in the playoffs. Saying that, Bud is probably better off making a minor deal for Jones of Houston and getting us more depth for rebounding.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#63 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:32 pm

td00 wrote:DBrandon, why don't we just move Horford/+goodies for Durant? Not happening, I know.......but Durant may not be any more loyal to OKC than Al.

That's a fair point, but Horford's name has at least come up in trade talks, even if not seriously. We have sources that say a deal involving KD hasn't even been discussed internally in the Thunder FO.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#64 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:35 pm

Rip2137 wrote:Horford would be a perfect fit in OKC at the 4 because they wouldn't have to depend on him to score.

Thing is, I am not sold on Ibaka being able to play Center in the playoffs. Regular season, it should work, but deep in the playoffs, it would worry me. I would say Millsap would work better but I don't particularly want to hand OKC a championship.

We've routinely played him at center in the playoffs. Not over the course of whole games (Scotty is somewhat stubborn, if you hadn't noticed), but 15 minutes at a time with KD at the 4, especially if we're icing out games. It's definitely possible.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#65 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Oh my!!!

Read on Twitter

I'm truly torn on this potential move.

It would be bold...
Hawkeyes
Sixth Man
And1: 1,559

Post#66 » by Hawkeyes » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Oh my!!!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699303232053510144[/tweet]

It would be bold...

I just don't trust that guy. Never heard of him before and doesn't even have 1,000 followers. It would be an exciting move, but i'm not sure we'd improve much at all and I don't like the idea of Teague/Horford joining a division rival. Adding Howard and losing Teague/Horford is a minimal improvement at best imo. I understand how weak we are at rebounding, but our offense would take a hit along with our overall depth. Miami would love that deal.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#67 » by ATL Boy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Oh my!!!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699303232053510144[/tweet]

It would be bold...

I'm on my phone so I'm not sure which one of his two Hawks related tweets of his this is. If it's the three team deal one or the one saying that we want Miami to throw in Winslow, but Riley doesn't want to.

Teague + Al for Dwight = HELL NO

Teague + Al for Dwight + Winslow = something I'd do.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#68 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:26 pm

Hawkeyes wrote:It would be an exciting move, but i'm not sure we'd improve much at all and I don't like the idea of Teague/Horford joining a division rival. Adding Howard and losing Teague/Horford is a minimal improvement at best imo. I understand how weak we are at rebounding, but our offense would take a hit along with our overall depth. Miami would love that deal.

Agreed, trading within the division could come back to bite us. And this trade in particular could make MIA a top 5 team with legitimate chance of de-throning LeBron.

ATL Boy wrote:I'm on my phone so I'm not sure which one of his two Hawks related tweets of his this is. If it's the three team deal one or the one saying that we want Miami to throw in Winslow, but Riley doesn't want to.

Teague + Al for Dwight = HELL NO

Teague + Al for Dwight + Winslow = something I'd do.

To get them to include Justise to ATL...I'd pretty much give up anything. Otherwise...MIA comes out the obvious winner of such a move.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by ATL Boy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:36 pm

Allowing Miami to trade just Dragic and Whiteside for Al and Jeff would be an absolute travesty.

Dragic is bordering on being a bad long term contract, and Whiteside is an expiring who doesn't come with any bird rights, they don't garner enough value to get Al by himself let alone us giving Teague as well.

If they don't include Winslow, then Bud needs to feel absolutely free to just walk away from the phone. There's no reason to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#70 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:56 pm

ATL Boy wrote:Allowing Miami to trade just Dragic and Whiteside for Al and Jeff would be an absolute travesty.

If they don't include Winslow, then Bud needs to feel absolutely free to just walk away from the phone. There's no reason to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

Agreed. And the most recent version of this trade doesn't include us at all...

RealGM Wiretap wrote:The Miami Heat and Houston Rockets have reportedly discussed a trade centered around Dwight Howard for Hassan Whiteside.
Howard is expected to opt out of his contract to become a free agent this offseason.
Because the Heat don't own Whiteside's full Bird rights, any team who has him at the end of the year will need to use cap space to re-sign him to the type of contract he'll merit on the open market.Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News
Here
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#71 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Chris Mannix indicates Hawks will only move Horford and/or Teague...if they receive an offer they can't refuse:

“According to a couple of executives, Atlanta is not really serious about trading Teague or Horford. They’re just looking for one of those Godfather-type of deals.”
Here

Gotta love my Hawks...even under different management...

'We Love our CORE!!!'
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#72 » by PandaKidd » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:29 pm

I dont take any of that seriously, of course they want a kings ransom.

A lot of this is just pure negotiating tactics.

With ORL getting Jennings, they now have too many PGs/SGs right? Oladipo on the move then?
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by ATL Boy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:34 pm

PandaKidd wrote:I dont take any of that seriously, of course they want a kings ransom.

A lot of this is just pure negotiating tactics.

With ORL getting Jennings, they now have too many PGs/SGs right? Oladipo on the move then?

Not for Teague. They got Jennings and the elf working the point, they don't need a third PG.

We might be able to get him for Al, but that would really hurt our big man rotation. Not to mention the fact that they already have Gordon.

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#74 » by Hawk Eye » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:54 pm

If Orlando makes any more moves it will be to clear up their big man depth or point guard depth. They now have 4 PG's (Jennings, Payton, Watson, Napier) and they have Frye, Illyasova, and Nicholson. The Teague to Orlando rumors are squashed now and so is us getting Oladipo.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#75 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's clear what direction the team is headed in. With minutes to go on a pretty important trade deadline...
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#76 » by DirtybirdGA » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:45 pm

A treadmill direction.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#77 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:36 pm

The breakup begins this coming off-season.
I believe Teague will be moved days before the NBA draft or the night of the draft.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#78 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Budenholzer said when all was said and done the Hawks were never close to a deal involving one of their core players.

"At the end of the day, continuity is something that can help you achieve those things.”

The final answer to the title of the thread...NO.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#79 » by MaceCase » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:29 am

Back to our regularly scheduled program.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
xccelerate
Junior
And1: 95

Post#80 » by xccelerate » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:29 am

Hopeful thinking but maybe this was a motivational tactic to show how (low?) they're valued around the league. Make them feel underdogs again, like last year.

Return to Atlanta Hawks