ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#601 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 7, 2016 2:27 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:Flip Irving to Utah for Exum and Heyward, and I think that deal is worth talking about.

Bingo!!!

Now we're talking. Irving, despite his many flaws, is a very valuable trade piece around this league.

Under contract for a couple more years. Entering his prime...we could get quite a haul for him.
Phunkabilly
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#602 » by Phunkabilly » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:38 am

Chad Ford proposed a trade over on ESPN:

Hawks trade: J. Teague & T. Sefolosha
Kings trade: #8 pick, B. McLemore, K. Koufos

What are your guys' thoughts? At first blush, I think I'd bite.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#603 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:50 am

No Fat Chicks wrote:Chad Ford proposed a trade over on ESPN:

Depends who falls and who is available at #8. if Brown, Bender, or Chriss , then its a yes for me. If none of those guys are there and the Hawks are stuck drafting a guy like Sabonis, Johnson, or Davis, then its a no, and i would rather the Hawks try to find a better trade.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#604 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:06 pm

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Top ten pick for a guy leaving in 10 months anyway?

Brilliant.

Plus, McLemore has some serious talent...he just needs some structure and better player development.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
dlb731
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#605 » by dlb731 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:48 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:

Depends who falls and who is available at #8. if Brown, Bender, or Chriss , then its a yes for me. If none of those guys are there and the Hawks are stuck drafting a guy like Sabonis, Johnson, or Davis, then its a no, and i would rather the Hawks try to find a better trade.

2 things...

First, the top 8 players that should/would be drafted (in no order)

Simmons
Ingram
Bender
Dunn
Murray
Brown
Chriss
Hield

If ANY of those are there, I think it's a win for the Hawks, especially for a one year with Teague

Secondly, I would rather trade THJ than Sefalosha. McLemore would replace him anyways.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#606 » by Geaux_Hawks » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:18 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:

I would add Dejounte Murray and Skal to that list.
Phunkabilly
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#607 » by Phunkabilly » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:33 am

Jamaaliver wrote:

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Top ten pick for a guy leaving in 10 months anyway?

Brilliant.

Plus, McLemore has some serious talent...he just needs some structure and better player development.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Agreed. I'd love to see our coaching staff get their hands on McLemore... assuming he's willing to listen and put in the work, of course. I definitely think Bud could turn him into a stud.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#608 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:31 am

dlb731 wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

2 things...

First, the top 8 players that should/would be drafted (in no order)

Simmons
Ingram
Bender
Dunn
Murray
Brown
Chriss
Hield

If ANY of those are there, I think it's a win for the Hawks, especially for a one year with Teague

Secondly, I would rather trade THJ than Sefalosha. McLemore would replace him anyways.

I already said that i like,
Bender
Brown
Chriss

That leaves,
Hield
Dunn
Murray

This is a weak draft and i wouldn't confuse draft position with talent. This draft is as weak as the 2010 draft with Wesley Johnson, Evan Turner, Ekpe Udoh, Greg Monroe, Al-Farouq Aminu. people who think #8 is a good number, doesn't understand context.

Dunn is a SG with a great NBA body and great at finishing the fast break, but Dunn has PG skills barely on the same level as Jamal Crawford. Watching Dunn in college, he looks the same as Terrance Ross, who also demonstrated great athleticism in college. Dunn is also a good athlete and poor shooter just like Evan Turner, and Turner's career has shown why jumpshot is important, regardless of draft position .

I was a huge fan of Devin Booker in UK but i'm not impressed with Murray. I loved Booker's length and athleticism, both of which Murray doesn't have. Murray's PG skills are also just average. Murray is a good shooter with poor measurements, just like John Jenkins. Murry could be a good pro, but i think he will end up being another John Jenkins.

Hield is a big questions mark for me. He could be the next Ray Allen or next Randy Foye. He was a pretty bad college player for the first three years, but then had one super season his last year just like Randy Foye. Hield in his last year was a great shooter like Ray Allen, but he is not as good of an athlete as Ray Allen.

If Brown, Bender, and Chriss are not there, i would rather just work the Noel trade. It would be dumb to pick Dunn/Murry over Noel.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#609 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:42 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:

This is a weak draft and i wouldn't confuse draft position with talent. This draft is as weak as the 2010 draft with Wesley Johnson, Evan Turner, Ekpe Udoh, Greg Monroe, Al-Farouq Aminu. people who think #8 is a good number, doesn't understand context.

Dunn is a SG with a great NBA body and great at finishing the fast break, but Dunn has PG skills barely on the same level as Jamal Crawford. Watching Dunn in college, he looks the same as Terrance Ross, who also demonstrated great athleticism in college. Dunn is also a good athlete and poor shooter just like Evan Turner, and Turner's career has shown why jumpshot is important, regardless of draft position .

I was a huge fan of Devin Booker in UK but i'm not impressed with Murray. I loved Booker's length and athleticism, both of which Murray doesn't have. Murray's PG skills are also just average. Murray is a good shooter with poor measurements, just like John Jenkins. Murry could be a good pro, but i think he will end up being another John Jenkins.

Hield is a big questions mark for me. He could be the next Ray Allen or next Randy Foye. He was a pretty bad college player for the first three years, but then had one super season his last year just like Randy Foye. Hield in his last year was a great shooter like Ray Allen, but he is not as good of an athlete as Ray Allen.

If Brown, Bender, and Chriss are not there, i would rather just work the Noel trade. It would be dumb to pick Dunn/Murry over Noel.

You're way off with this analysis.

Dunn may be more of a scorer, than he is a distributor/facilitator, but Dunn has the tools to make an impact. Terrence Ross was a shooter in college that had bounce. Dunn is more of a scorer with great athleticism and better vision. I wouldn't say he is a complete non-shooter. He is in the mold of a shot maker than a shooter. Turner had poor mechanics. Dunn at least shows some fluidity in his jumper. At the very least he is John Wall lite.

Murray is nothing like JJ was in college. JJ was strictly a shooter. An elite one, but had nothing else in his game. Murray is every bit of a prolific scorer that can actually shoot the ball. He's a way better athlete than JJ was. He didn't get to truly run the point like he does for Canada because of Ulis, but I doubt he will be asked to do so anyway. Murray is more Chauncey Billups than he is John Jenkins.

The Randy Foye comp is just lazy, and not fair at all to Hield. Foye was a slasher that really couldn't shoot at all, and had a lot of volume as a ball dominant scorer. He was more streaky than anything as a shooter. He would be better compared to Murray as a floor than he would to Hield. Hield has always been known as a shooter, and unlike Foye, Hield actually put in work to become the player he is now. If you watch the DX breakdown of Hield's work ethic, it shows how much improved Hield has become. Hield is very similar to Klay Thompson.
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Post#610 » by nybluemeadow » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Murray is nothing like JJ was in college. JJ was strictly a shooter. An elite one, but had nothing else in his game. Murray is every bit of a prolific scorer that can actually shoot the ball. He's a way better athlete than JJ was. He didn't get to truly run the point like he does for Canada because of Ulis, but I doubt he will be asked to do so anyway. Murray is more Chauncey Billups than he is John Jenkins.

Murray never played point guard for Canada. Brady Heslip is Canada's point guard. Murray played shooting guard for Canada both in PanAm and FIBA Under16. Murray also didn't play point guard in Kentucky..... oh ya and Murray is Chauncey Billups?!?!? :crazy:
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#611 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Hawks trades Millsap, Tiago, and #12 to New York for Carmelo

Millsap and Carmelo are the same age so its a lateral move, but #12 is added to give New York additional value.

Knicks move Port to Center and Millsap stays at PF. Millsap's defense is more helpful to Kristap's development then Melo.

Atlanta get Melo to play SF. Atlanta then signs Dwight

C: Dwight
PF: Horford
SF: Carmelo
SG: Korver
PG: Schroeder
6th: Bazemore
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,492

Re: Re: Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#612 » by dms269 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:19 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Hawks trades Millsap, Tiago, and #12 to New York for Carmelo

Millsap and Carmelo are the same age so its a lateral move, but #12 is added to give New York additional value.

Knicks move Port to Center and Millsap stays at PF. Millsap's defense is more helpful to Kristap's development then Melo.

I'm sure we all would love to return to the isolation basketball days with a trade for Melo.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#613 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:25 pm

I like where your head is at. It makes us a top team, a true Eastern Conf Powerhouse (though the window would be short.)

It is certainly ambitious. That lineup seems like a boom or bust scenario. We possibly sneak in and steal the crown from CLE for a year or two like BOS did years ago.

Or it just blows up in our face very quickly.

It's definitely something to consider, it addresses most of our glaring concerns. (Rebounding, perimeter scoring)

NOTE: I think that might be an overpay for Melo. If we could trade Millsap, #21 and #44 for Melo. Keep Splitter as a backup. Sign Joakim as starter. Put Bazemore at SG next to Carmelo...that could work really well.

Noah
Horford
Melo
Bazemore
Dennis

Bench: Korver, Splitter, Malachi

That's a pretty great rotation.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Re: Re: Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#614 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:28 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:

I'm sure we all would love to return to the isolation basketball days with a trade for Melo.

Carmelo played his best basketball when he played euro ball on team USA. He was great in that spread pass first system coach K had.

I'm going back and forth between Dwight and Noah. Dwight is the better defensive player, slightly better post move, but Noah is better at playing euro ball and a better free throw shooter.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,492

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#615 » by dms269 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:36 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
uga_dawgs24 wrote:

Carmelo played his best basketball when he played euro ball on team USA. He was great in that spread pass first system coach K had.

I'm going back and forth between Dwight and Noah. Dwight is the better defensive player, slightly better post move, but Noah is better at playing euro ball and a better free throw shooter.

We can't use team USA as a measuring stick for Melo as he is playing on a team where they must share the ball. One hogs it and no one wants to play on the team.

If you think Melo is going to change his game all of a sudden because he gets traded to the Hawks then you are delusional.

Melo is a chucker who would dominate the ball.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#616 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:47 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:We can't use team USA as a measuring stick for Melo as he is playing on a team where they must share the ball. One hogs it and no one wants to play on the team.

If you think Melo is going to change his game all of a sudden because he gets traded to the Hawks then you are delusional.

Melo is a chucker who would dominate the ball.

These are all valid concerns. And a 'Melo acquisition could certainly blow up in our faces.

I do think 'Melo is desperate to revive his career. He's spent years now putting up above average production on a team going nowhere. The chance to play with unselfish teammates, in a team oriented offense, under the single best coach he's ever had...could be enticing. There is nothing more humbling than failure/losing/irrelevancy.

Plus, he'd absolutely be given carte blanche to take over games in crunch time, when our offense traditionally fizzles anyhow. We've been a top assist team since Bud got here, yet our offense gets shut down in every post-season. Last regular season, we fell out of the top 15 in Off Rating.

We need an influx of offensive talent, and a player of Melo's caliber surely is at least worth considering.

But, admittedly, if he resorts to his bad habits and iso-Joe tendencies, it could undoubtedly harm team chemistry.

NOTE: Isolation basketball just dominated the EC on its way to an NBA Title. Carmelo/Dennis could be a poor man's Lebron/Kyrie...with a much better supporting cast and offense to complement them.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#617 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:54 pm

My biggest concern with bringing in a vet superstar like Melo (yes, I still consider him one), is that Melo might get frustrated and punch Dennis in the face when our young PG goes into Iso-Joe mode and refuses to move the ball on offense.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#618 » by MaceCase » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Why does Phil swing for the fences by acquiring Rose before the draft to go ahead and attempt to trade Melo?

And how many times does Melo have to show and say that he's fine with remaining with the Knicks before people get that he's not going to waive his NTC to go anywhere?

Both Phil and Melo are going to see how the offseason goes (which includes plans of acquiring Dwight or Noah themselves) and the season first with all of their new acquisitions before they to attempt to feign interest in any trade talk.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#619 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:55 pm

I think I see a veteran contributor available that we could pursue with #12 pick:

In advance of tonight’s NBA Draft, the Thunder are exploring the trade market for Serge Ibaka, Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated reports (ESPN Now link). It’s unclear who or what Oklahoma City is seeking in return for the talented forward.

Ibaka, 26, has one season remaining on his current deal and is set to earn $12,250,000 in 2016/17. Ibaka averaged 12.6 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.9 blocks in 32.9 minutes per outing. He shot .479/.326/.752 from the field.
Here
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#620 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I think I see a veteran contributor available that we could pursue with #12 pick:

In advance of tonight’s NBA Draft, the Thunder are exploring the trade market for Serge Ibaka, Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated reports (ESPN Now link). It’s unclear who or what Oklahoma City is seeking in return for the talented forward.

Ibaka, 26, has one season remaining on his current deal and is set to earn $12,250,000 in 2016/17. Ibaka averaged 12.6 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.9 blocks in 32.9 minutes per outing. He shot .479/.326/.752 from the field.
Here

Hell, if OKC is serious about competing this season, I'd move Millsap & Mike Scott for Ibaka & change.
Serge gives us inside defense, rebounding, toughness, pairs well with AL or could go well with a guy like Poetl.

Return to Atlanta Hawks