simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Re: Would you trade for JYD? 

Post#41 » by simon24 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:22 am

jayu70 wrote:
Kevistics wrote:
simon24 wrote:
Yeah, I did some research. I see Toronto has been benching him. He fell off. ATL dodged a bullet picking Millsap over him.

He was benched for the first time because it was a back to back game for the raptors. at the beginning of the season, coaching staff said this was their intention despite carroll struggling for us. to be honest I think he would be much better in atlanta but despite our system not suiting hin, his defence isnt nearly as great as it was advertised to be.

With that being said, since the hawks have 4 free agents in korver, milsap, thabo and thjr im just wondering if any of them could be traded for someone like carroll or cory joseph( raptors best defender). id hate to lose cory but i think norman powell is on an even cheaper contract. raptors need a sf to defend, a Pf in general and could use more 3pt shooting.

What would you trade for demare caroll 3 yrs 14 mil each yr, cory joseph 3 yrs 7 mil each yr? Raptors also have 2 first rounders and the knicks 2nd rounder this yr.

I just don't see a trade in the making. Taking back DMC on the hope that he can recover whatever he had with Atlanta is past. And if his defense is not as advertised, then we'd rather keep Thabo who does a better job anyway (even when we had DMC). Definitely not trading Millsap for DMC that leaves us with no PF.
The same reason you would want Korver is why the Hawks need him. THjr is the wild card - but after starting to show some signs of being an adequate and capable bench scorer I don't think most of the fan base would be happy trading him after complaining about giving up the #15 pick for him.
Delaney is progressing nicely as our backup PG, so no need for Cojo at the price. Taking on $21 million in guaranteed salary sounds like a big ask.

I doubt any team would take Carroll at this point. Damaged goods. Probably could move DeRozan for picks and a younger pieces.

Return to Atlanta Hawks