ImageImageImage

Ray joins the Heat/Ray Allen appreciation thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

shen
Ballboy
And1: 0

Allen chose Miami 

Post#21 » by shen » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:00 am

according to Micky Arison

https://twitter.com/MickyArison
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Re: Ray joins the Heat/Ray Allen appreciation thread 

Post#22 » by GregB » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:00 am

Ray doesn't think we will be mad? We better boo him off the court his first visit.
FarFromBoston
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#23 » by FarFromBoston » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:00 am

I hope they don't have any return ceremony or anything like that for Ray when the Heat come to Boston like they've done for Big Baby and others. I hope the crowd boos the .... out of him whenever he touches the ball too.

Unbelievable.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,147

Post#24 » by PierceFan4ever » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:00 am

Man I loved the big three, I thought the only reason it would ever break up is if Ainge decided to go in another direction, never did I see this coming. I was optimistic even with Ray going to meet with the Heat because he had that Celtic pride in him. Man was I ever wrong. **** really pissed about this. This was a big **** you to us by Ray.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Re: Allen chose Miami 

Post#25 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:00 am

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Privately, Ray Allen had insisted to people that he didn't believe the city of Boston would be too hard on him for signing with Miami.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
ClosetMonkey
Junior
And1: 57

Post#26 » by ClosetMonkey » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:01 am

what a f ucking a sshole

It was alright had he gone to any team. Even the Bulls or the Clippers who are contenders. But the Heat? C'mon Ray. Not just we as fans hate them. There was passionate hatred amongst those two teams. They were the rival number one.

boo this guy.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#27 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:02 am

F ray, f his 80 year old ankles. F his no defense and cry if i dont get to shoot the ball every trip down the court. F his wanting to ride ledouches dancing ass to ring he wont get, f the beaches in miami.

Ray allen is dead to me, f stickying this crap like he's now not as hated as ledouche himself. I threw up in my mouth thinking he actually broke an nba record while on our team.

I'll never consider him as being a real celitc, this is like bird signing for vet min to play for the lakers. Could u imagine that those of u who grew up in the 80's? Today's fans are ok with enough to put up an appreciation thread. OMG.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Re: Allen chose Miami 

Post#28 » by Kefa461 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:02 am

So we move on.....

8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,000

Post#29 » by UGA Hayes » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:02 am

Hey guys, lets show people that we are better fans than that and show our appreciation for the things he did when he was here. Neither the organization or its fans has any right to criticize the guy we yanked around with trade rumors the last few years. Instead we should thank him for all the great memories and clutch game winning shots he provided us. I was never his biggest fan but I will miss him.
FarFromBoston
Freshman

Post#30 » by FarFromBoston » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:02 am

I'm also glad I bought a KG jersey years ago and not a Ray jersey. The only Celtics #20 jersey I have is Gary Payton's, lol.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#31 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:02 am

The deterioration of Ray Allen's relationship with Rajon Rondo played a significant factor in his leaving for Miami, several sources tell Y!
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Guinness Green
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#32 » by Guinness Green » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:02 am

I will be burning my ray allen jersey and putting it on YouTube tomorrow if you guys are interested
FarFromBoston
Freshman

Post#33 » by FarFromBoston » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:04 am

Guinness Green wrote:I will be burning my ray allen jersey and putting it on YouTube tomorrow if you guys are interested

I am.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#34 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:04 am

Ray can do what he wants but at the end of the day he is nothing but another ring chaser signing with one of the most hated teams in NBA history.

The NBA is simply starting to become unwatchable now. All the great teams just stay great because everybody wants to sign with them. It is getting tiresome just watch all the top players flock to to one or two teams every year. The heat are going to to be in the finals the next 4 seasons. Welcome to the 90s again where one team dominated for the better part of 10 years.

Thanks for the ring in 08 Allen but now you can go **** yourself for signing with the heat.
*Insert witty signature here.*
crosko42
Starter
And1: 681

Post#35 » by crosko42 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:05 am

FarFromBoston wrote:
Guinness Green wrote:I will be burning my ray allen jersey and putting it on YouTube tomorrow if you guys are interested

I am.

Me as well.

Hell I might go and burn down a whole rack of clearance allen jerseys if I can find a retailer that wants some publicity.

Hope LBJ and Wade are ready to do some standing around while Ray plays peek a boo with them.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,589

Post#36 » by The Corey's » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:05 am

its easy to appreciate what he did here. except now isnt the time. losing respect for his team of choice.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#37 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:05 am

StrengthNHonor wrote:The deterioration of Ray Allen's relationship with Rajon Rondo played a significant factor in his leaving for Miami, several sources tell Y!

Why are you posting here?
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
Zaschrona
Sixth Man
And1: 1,324

Post#38 » by Zaschrona » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:06 am

Sure!
ClosetMonkey
Junior
And1: 57

Post#39 » by ClosetMonkey » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:06 am

UGA Hayes wrote:Hey guys, lets show people that we are better fans than that and show our appreciation for the things he did when he was here. Neither the organization or its fans has any right to criticize the guy we yanked around with trade rumors the last few years. Instead we should thank him for all the great memories and clutch game winning shots he provided us. I was never his biggest fan but I will miss him.

The thing is I thought that Ray Allen was proud being a Celtic. But he basically knocked us out of the ECF with that move. There won't be a big chance we beat the Heat now. This move changed everything for the outcome of the playoffs.
FarFromBoston
Freshman

Post#40 » by FarFromBoston » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:06 am

So...question.

I know contracts can't be signed till the 11th. Is there any way he could change his mind? Not that I'd even want him at this point. I'm just curious.

Return to Boston Celtics