ImageImageImage

Here's the real reason why Jeff Green hasn't been signed yet

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Cool_Dude
Senior
And1: 276

Re: Here's the real reason why Jeff Green hasn't been signed 

Post#21 » by Cool_Dude » Mon Aug 6, 2012 5:37 am

Starting to think that Pietrus/Delfino may be viable options should this Jeff Green situation take a turn for the worst...
LobCityRondo2KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#22 » by LobCityRondo2KG » Mon Aug 6, 2012 6:22 am

Why dont we tweet Jeff and see what his thoughts are on this?? Jk
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#23 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Aug 6, 2012 6:31 am

Should leave your source's name out of it, but thanks for the info.
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#24 » by Pacino62 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 9:55 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:Should leave your source's name out of it, but thanks for the info.

My first thought Cap....poor Ty Lue getting outted on the net

I really hope that it's clear one way or another. If the OP is accurate, it sounds like some people have cleared him while others have not. I'd hate to see us (or anyone else for that matter) give him a deal to have a tragedy strike on the basketball court. He's too good of a kid for that.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#25 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Mon Aug 6, 2012 11:19 am

While your story seems legit the issue I have believing you I that you say you gave out that ray Allen was joining the heat several days before it was announced. Well Allen announced he was joining the heat July 6th and your join date is July 8th. Unless the mods have a way to verify insider info I am not going to believe what a unknown poster states.
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#26 » by AKFO » Mon Aug 6, 2012 11:59 am

Yeah, I refuse to believe this. Sounds like a bunch of BS.
CelticsRise
Senior
And1: 9

Here's the real reason why Jeff Green hasn't been signed yet 

Post#27 » by CelticsRise » Mon Aug 6, 2012 12:53 pm

I kind of believe this. What else could be the reason?
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#28 » by robbie84 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 1:18 pm

CelticsRise wrote:I kind of believe this. What else could be the reason?

They are most likely structuring his contract in a way that will help the team- or agreeing on how it will be weighted.
He is tweeting about working out and playing basketball. This guy is full of ****.
What post did he announce Ray would join the Heat? Show me the link.
When this comes out as bogus you should ban this guy.
Jeff's been through enough and doesn't need this kind of crap from anyone.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
viphost
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#29 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 1:36 pm

I have ZERO reasons to make this up. Why would I no offense. And no offense but the amount of posts doesnt make someone legit. Again, its my good friend that is tight with Lue. They have been tight since Lue played for the Lakers. He has no reason to lie to me about this.

Please explain to me why he has not signed yet then ? To construct his contract. It takes what a month to figure out how to sign someone. Come on now dont be this foolish
Zin5
Starter
And1: 328

Post#30 » by Zin5 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 1:44 pm

viphost wrote:I have ZERO reasons to make this up. Why would I no offense.

For attention.

Can't believe people are buying into this.
#loveboston
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#31 » by Datruth345 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:02 pm

the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle

i can definitely see a combination of the Celtics wanting to be absolutely certain of greens health and then working on the contract and a structure of that contract that benefits everyone once the health concerns are answered for. in either order too for that matter. maybe the contract was settled first then the health questions arose again
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#32 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:22 pm

viphost wrote:I have ZERO reasons to make this up. Why would I no offense. And no offense but the amount of posts doesnt make someone legit. Again, its my good friend that is tight with Lue. They have been tight since Lue played for the Lakers. He has no reason to lie to me about this.

Please explain to me why he has not signed yet then ? To construct his contract. It takes what a month to figure out how to sign someone. Come on now dont be this foolish

For attention? To troll? A month ago there was a ballboy who claimed he had insider information that Allen was going to resign here. Well it ballooned into a huge topic and at the end of the day the guy was simply a heat fan trolling. Nothing personal but we have seen way too many self proclaimed "insiders" post on here only to be completely wrong or a troll. So you have to forgive many of us that are skeptical about believing a ball boy with 10 posts.
*Insert witty signature here.*
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#33 » by sam_I_am » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:29 pm

GuyClinch wrote:I hope our doctors actually know their stuff. Since this guy has been playing hoops most of his life and never even got sick.. I am still skeptical..

Actually, the reason they discovered his problem was that he was having symptoms working out last summer. I believe he was either dizzy or having palpitations. It made wonder even then if the symptoms were actually caused by the other problem they found. I tend to ignore posts like this because most of the major news stories involving the Celtics did not break on realgm first.
viphost
Banned User

Post#34 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:47 pm

To get attention ...are you for real ? Lol...ok...

Ive been hosting parties in Boston for 10+ yrs now. I met 80% of the Celtics players. I host at RumoR and Cure nightclub where they come a lot. Ive hung out with Big Baby. Hung out woth Ray Allen. My friend Frank Hollywood does Ray Allens car detailing.

My connections are different then some of yours that say ballboy.

I can confirm all this with my facebook.

Thanks
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#35 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:53 pm

viphost wrote:
I can confirm all this with my facebook.

Thanks

Sure. At least give us that much then.
viphost
Banned User

Post#36 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:03 pm

What do you want me to confirm. Im not giving out anyones names. But google my name. Denis Crnalic or Insomnia Entertainment Bostons Finest.

Later.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#37 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:08 pm

viphost wrote:What do you want me to confirm. Im not giving out anyones names. But google my name. Denis Crnalic or Insomnia Entertainment Bostons Finest.

Later.

Good enough for me dude. Thanks!

This is scary news. Poor Jeff Green. :(
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#38 » by ddb » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:08 pm

we didn't have bird rights on Jeff Green. He would have been an UFA signing. Correct? So wouldn't that mean Ainge can use that 8.5 million elsewhere? Again, I'm not a capologist but I believe this is the case.
Cool_Dude
Senior
And1: 276

Post#39 » by Cool_Dude » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:09 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
viphost wrote:I have ZERO reasons to make this up. Why would I no offense. And no offense but the amount of posts doesnt make someone legit. Again, its my good friend that is tight with Lue. They have been tight since Lue played for the Lakers. He has no reason to lie to me about this.

For attention? To troll? A month ago there was a ballboy who claimed he had insider information that Allen was going to resign here. Well it ballooned into a huge topic and at the end of the day the guy was simply a heat fan trolling. Nothing personal but we have seen way too many self proclaimed "insiders" post on here only to be completely wrong or a troll. So you have to forgive many of us that are skeptical about believing a ball boy with 10 posts.

yeah, I remember that. the guy was saying that Ray didn't like the Heat as a competitor. He also said that it was "guaranteed" that Ray would re-sign by the end of that day. Lol that was ridiculous.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,835

Post#40 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:31 pm

ddb wrote:we didn't have bird rights on Jeff Green. He would have been an UFA signing. Correct? So wouldn't that mean Ainge can use that 8.5 million elsewhere? Again, I'm not a capologist but I believe this is the case.

Jeff Green*

*Note: By rescinding their contract offer before the start of the season, Green became an unrestricted free agent, but the team retains his Bird rights.

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/bost ... gency-faq/

Return to Boston Celtics