ImageImageImage

Here's the real reason why Jeff Green hasn't been signed yet

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

viphost
Banned User
And1: 8

Re: Here's the real reason why Jeff Green hasn't been signed 

Post#41 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:39 pm

Folks, hear me out.

I NEVER claimed to be an NBA insider. For those of you that don't know me or didnt read my introduction thread please click on my username and read who I am and what I do.

To clarify one thing AGAIN:

I am NOT an INSIDER. I never was. BUT, I do have friends that are and one friend happens to be good friends with Lue.

And no offense but no need to use ballboy word. A title doesnt define who you are.

By the way come Season time....Im hosting at RumoR on Tuesdays and Cure Sundays...we have a lot of Celtics come theough and book tables. Any one of you need guestlist or a table as well PM me
viphost
Banned User

Post#42 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:45 pm

And lets calm down about Jeff Green. Im sure it will work itself out.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,613

Post#43 » by Fantaxp7 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:56 pm

I just don't want to believe this so...LALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!
LongTimeFan
Analyst
And1: 292

Post#44 » by LongTimeFan » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:12 pm

Like I feared, this is how do we manage the health risk. No one will indemnify the Celts for the risk.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#45 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:22 pm

First off all I hope Green is healthy. I know the reports state that Green is signing here but regardless it did not seem to me that there were many teams interested in his services to begin with.

No one is going to pay Green 36 million or whatever is being reported that he will sign for. I don't think Green is worth that money when healthy never mind someone coming off heart surgery. IF these reports are true I hope Ainge does not offer him more than 25 million because God knows no one else in the NBA will. I just have this feeling that Ainge is so afraid of losing Green he is out bidding him himself in the process.
*Insert witty signature here.*
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,112

Post#46 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:54 pm

I trust that you’re feeling much better these days?

“I feel awesome. I actually feel a lot better than I did prior to the surgery. It was a blessing, and I’m doing better now.”

Is there anything else that you’d like to say to your fans?

“To all the Boston fans that read this…banner 18 is on the way.”

This just came out today. So Jeff is say something and Viphosts source is saying another..what's it going to be? lol
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,868

Post#47 » by Jammer » Mon Aug 6, 2012 5:03 pm

Well viphost, if your claims are true, then you just threw Tyronn Lue under the bus.

Nice of you to protect your sources.

I work in a business where we routinely work for billionaires, and have worked for several NBA owners, pertaining to the businesses that they really make their money from, versus the hobby that they call an NBA team.

And in doing our work, sources are crucial. Basically, your sources are your reason for being.

One thing you should never do is f"ck your sources.

If you had half a twit you would never have mentioned Lue by name, or how you know your "friend".

Hopefully your post is BS, because otherwise;
you not only screwed Lue, you screwed your friend.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#48 » by TheOGJabroni » Mon Aug 6, 2012 5:05 pm

Sorry VIPHost but there have been many users before you that have tried to claim they have inside information only to be discovered false. The only reason I'm buying that Jeff Green isn't officially signed yet is way less extreme - they want to go as long as they can without signing him to be 100% the issues do not arise. What do they have to gain by signing him right away as opposed to later? Nothing. The negotiations are settled. On the off chance that the issues do arise again, they will not be on the books for his deal at this point.
greenmachine_2849
Sixth Man
And1: 133

Post#49 » by greenmachine_2849 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 5:31 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
No one is going to pay Green 36 million or whatever is being reported that he will sign for. I don't think Green is worth that money when healthy never mind someone coming off heart surgery. IF these reports are true I hope Ainge does not offer him more than 25 million because God knows no one else in the NBA will. I just have this feeling that Ainge is so afraid of losing Green he is out bidding him himself in the process.

I don't know, but I just hope Ainge has some kind of health clause (assuming those are even allowed in the CBA) in the contract. I know that insurance would probably cover most of the actual salary expense if worst came to worst and he was unable to play, but I don't want to get into the Grant Hill/Magic situation of the early 2000s where we have $10+ million counted against our cap each year for a player that can't even suit up.
LobCityRondo2KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#50 » by LobCityRondo2KG » Mon Aug 6, 2012 6:05 pm

Do you have a link for the article above?
viphost
Banned User

Post#51 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 6:33 pm

Jeff Green can tweet all he wants. Do you really want him to admit this ? Would you want to buy a 100.000 ferrari only to get ford engine inside ?
viphost
Banned User

Post#52 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 6:36 pm

Besides contract issues what OTHER reason is stopping Ainge from signing Jeff...he signed everyone besides him..?
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#53 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 6:41 pm

LobCityRondo2KG wrote:Do you have a link for the article above?

It's on redsarmy.com

I believe there's no source because it's an insider article. Not sure though..maybe I didn't look hard enough. lol

viphost wrote:Jeff Green can tweet all he wants. Do you really want him to admit this ? Would you want to buy a 100.000 ferrari only to get ford engine inside ?

Maybe not admit it, but at least not guarantee things that probably won't happen. We will find out about it soon enough. Why would he say all this, and look like a big **** lier later?
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,023

Post#54 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Aug 6, 2012 6:44 pm

RondoToKG
Head Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#55 » by RondoToKG » Mon Aug 6, 2012 7:20 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

“I feel awesome. I actually feel a lot better than I did prior to the surgery. It was a blessing, and I’m doing better now.”

This just came out today. So Jeff is say something and Viphosts source is saying another..what's it going to be? lol

Obviously he's going to say he's OK.

You know, kind of like when someone is injured and they try to keep it a secret? Same thing.
LobCityRondo2KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#56 » by LobCityRondo2KG » Mon Aug 6, 2012 7:23 pm

Ya I don;t think Green would come out and say there are concerns over his heart.. He is a huge part of our team and if we lose him will be in trouble.. We could see peaches back then or see Lee see a little more time at the 3..
702Celtics
Rookie
And1: 20

Post#57 » by 702Celtics » Mon Aug 6, 2012 7:38 pm

It's all speculation up to this point. If I had to guess, the hold up has to do with the contract being non-guaranteed if the heart problem does comeback. I've seen reports of Green working out, so I don't understand why he would be lying about it. I just hope this all works out in the end and Green is healthy and able to play at a 100% again.
GreenKnight0028
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#58 » by GreenKnight0028 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 7:40 pm

I understand player confidentiality but I just wish Danny could tell us or confirm SOMETHING instead of always saying "I'm not going to talk about it" and always leaves us wondering.

Hope everything gets resolved and hope Jeff is 100% like he says he is. I don't think he will say something to get all Celtics fans hopes up for nothing because I doubt he'd want the whole city of Boston plus fans all over the country disliking his guts, especially since he loves Boston.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#59 » by Datruth345 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 7:44 pm

nothing to see here folks
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#60 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 7:53 pm

RondoToKG wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

Obviously he's going to say he's OK.

You know, kind of like when someone is injured and they try to keep it a secret? Same thing.

Oh I know. But there's a difference between Paul sayin he's fine with the MCL injury he could play through. But what's the point of Greg Oden saying he is fine and this is the best he has ever felt, when he won't play a single game this season? If the heart thing is true, Jeff won't play and will come off like a dumbass. If this was true, the least I'd expect from him is silence. Stay away from interviews..

Return to Boston Celtics