ImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

alex_fortress
Junior
And1: 42

Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#821 » by alex_fortress » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
alex_fortress wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Pierce for Pau and Bass for Ariza are the two moves I'd be looking at right now.

I think Pau would give us steadier offensive production at the 5 than Pierce. Ariza would give our perimeter defense a boost.

Pierce would be a good fit in D'antoni's system (where he likes to run Peace at the 4), plus he's from Inglewood and grew up a Lakers fan. Pau needs a change of scenery. In the Raptors game where Dwight was ejected, he thrived at the center position. But since the Lakers perimeter D has been their biggest problem, the deal would probably have to include Bradley.

Pau Gasol + small filler (Ebanks or Morris) for Paul Pierce + Avery Bradley.

Having Garnett back to PF with Gasol at the C would be scary. Gasol dominating in the low block, with KG taking open jumpshots. 2 elite and differently skilled big men that can rebound and would finally gives Green the staring job

Why are you sneaking Bradley in there? He's not a throw-in, no matter how much the Lakers would want him.

Obviously Bradley is not a throw in. Lakers want to make moves to improve their team, you only view it from the C's perspective. Gasol for Pierce isn't even a fair trade straight up, many GMs covet Gasol, I doubt many are lining up for Pierce. Look at it from both sides.
UConn celt
Senior
And1: 70

Post#822 » by UConn celt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:38 pm

alex_fortress wrote:Obviously Bradley is not a throw in. Lakers want to make moves to improve their team, you only view it from the C's perspective. Gasol for Pierce isn't even a fair trade straight up, many GMs covet Gasol, I doubt many are lining up for Pierce. Look at it from both sides.

Stop. There are barely any GMs that covet Pau at this point. His play has been awful this year and he's owed $20M next season. Celtics are one of, if not the only, teams that could use him. Pierce is still productive and can be bought out for $5M after the season. Gasol lost his starting spot to Earl Clark. Gasol is a good fit on the Celtics and I'd be open to trading for him, but he's not worth Pierce, let alone adding Bradley. And that's not just looking at this from a Celtics perspective. If you think it is, take that trade to the trades/transactions board and just see how many people who aren't Lakers or Celtics fans rip it apart.
BakersDozen
General Manager
And1: 728

Post#823 » by BakersDozen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Pierce and Bass for Igoudala and Mcgee

Rondo/Bradley/Iggy/KG/Mcgee
bench
Terry/Lee/Green/Sully
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#824 » by ermocrate » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm

BakersDozen wrote:Pierce and Bass for Igoudala and Mcgee

bench
Terry/Lee/Green/Sully

Let's do Gallo and McGee...
"Negativity in this town sucks"
tmallory
Junior
And1: 17

Post#825 » by tmallory » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

bench
Terry/Lee/Green/Sully
It would be Rondo/Bradley/Iggy/Sully/KG with Terry, Lee, Barbosa, Green, Wilcox, and McGee off the bench. Once KG retires McGee becomes the starter.
alex_fortress
Junior
And1: 42

Post#826 » by alex_fortress » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm

UConn celt wrote:
alex_fortress wrote:Obviously Bradley is not a throw in. Lakers want to make moves to improve their team, you only view it from the C's perspective. Gasol for Pierce isn't even a fair trade straight up, many GMs covet Gasol, I doubt many are lining up for Pierce. Look at it from both sides.

Stop. There are barely any GMs that covet Pau at this point. His play has been awful this year and he's owed $20M next season. Celtics are one of, if not the only, teams that could use him. Pierce is still productive and can be bought out for $5M after the season. Gasol lost his starting spot to Earl Clark. Gasol is a good fit on the Celtics and I'd be open to trading for him, but he's not worth Pierce, let alone adding Bradley. And that's not just looking at this from a Celtics perspective. If you think it is, take that trade to the trades/transactions board and just see how many people who aren't Lakers or Celtics fans rip it apart.

Only Celtic fans value Bradley as some sort of superstar. He is a shorter Tony Allen at this point, that doesn't rebound or pass. I'm sure Pierce would draw offers like Pekovic/Williams or Calderon/Bargs. Nope, Pierce looks broken in the Celtics this year. He's turned into a inefficient scorer, but i'm sure MDA would love him.

Lakers don't sell low, so they wouldn't trade for anything less than Pierce. Especially the horrid contracts of Green, Bass or even Terry at this point.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,276

Post#827 » by Froob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Pierce for Pau and Bass for Ariza are the two moves I'd be looking at right now.

I think Pau would give us steadier offensive production at the 5 than Pierce. Ariza would give our perimeter defense a boost.

Why do people want to send Pierce to the lakers so badly? If you're going to trade Pierce okay, but ANY team but the lakers. Pau isn't that good anymore. Probably not going to save our season.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,276

Post#828 » by Froob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 pm

bench
Terry/Lee/Green/Sully

Now that would be a great trade. I'd hate giving up the truth but that would be a trade you'd do it. I don't know why denver does that tho.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
UConn celt
Senior

Post#829 » by UConn celt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 pm

alex_fortress wrote:
UConn celt wrote:

Only Celtic fans value Bradley as some sort of superstar. He is a shorter Tony Allen at this point, that doesn't rebound or pass. I'm sure Pierce would draw offers like Pekovic/Williams or Calderon/Bargs. Nope, Pierce looks broken in the Celtics this year. He's turned into a inefficient scorer, but i'm sure MDA would love him.

Lakers don't sell low, so they wouldn't trade for anything less than Pierce. Especially the horrid contracts of Green, Bass or even Terry at this point.

Where did I call Bradley a superstar? Again, if you think Bradley/Pierce for Gasol is fair and its only homer Celtics fans who don't like it, then propose it to the trades board. And where are you getting these Pek/Williams and Calderon/Bargs offers from? Minny's not trading those guys for Pau. They probably wouldn't for Pierce either, but I bet they'd prefer him over Gasol. And Toronto would take just about anybody if it meant getting rid of Bargnani. I'd have no doubt they'd accept Pierce for that package if Ainge offered it.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#830 » by Slartibartfast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:28 pm

I'm not only viewing it from the C's perspective, I'm just not ignoring the C's perspective!

Let's examine your claim that Pau for Pierce isn't fair straight up.

Pau is averaging 12.7ppg, 8.3rpg and 3.7apg on 49% TS%. He's been plagued by injuries that have caused him to miss almost 1/3 of the season and he's just been benched for Earl Clark. He's on the hook for a combined $38.3 mil this season and next season.

Pierce is averaging 18.9ppg, 5.7 rpg and 3.9apg on 54% TS%. He has played and started in every game this season and his contract is only guaranteed for $5 mil next season (or $4 mil cheaper next year than Pau if they elect to keep him on).

To be sure there are reasons to prefer Pau - he's bigger and 3 years younger - but Pierce's superior immediate production, cleaner health record and much more flexible contract bridge that gap, and maybe even exceed it.

Adding in an All-Defensive team candidate on his rookie contract to Pierce in return for Pau tips the balance of this trade too far into the Lakers favor.

The Celtics at 20-21 would be trading 2 of their top 4 guys on friendly contracts for the 6th man of a 17-24 team on a worse contract.
Mass Rig
Senior
And1: 264

Post#831 » by Mass Rig » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Lakers need a stretch PF, a SF and 3 point shooting. Celtics need a backup PG and a Center.

Bass+Green+Barbosa

for

Gasol-Blake

Everybody is happy.
Mass Rig
Senior
And1: 264

Post#832 » by Mass Rig » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Pau is averaging 12.7ppg, 8.3rpg and 3.7apg on 49% TS%. He's been plagued by injuries that have caused him to miss almost 1/3 of the season and he's just been benched for Earl Clark. He's on the hook for a combined $38.3 mil this season and next season.

Don't judge Pau by his stats. He is a game-changer. Right now, he is just not motivated, he's been thrown under a bus during the Paul trade.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#833 » by BigTrade92 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Mass Rig wrote:Lakers need a stretch PF, a SF and 3 point shooting. Celtics need a backup PG and a Center.

Bass+Green+Barbosa

for

Gasol-Blake

Everybody is happy.

I love this trade, but the Lakers wouldn't do it.
icincoi
Junior
And1: 6

Post#834 » by icincoi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 pm

JLaz92 wrote:
Mass Rig wrote:Lakers need a stretch PF, a SF and 3 point shooting. Celtics need a backup PG and a Center.

Bass+Green+Barbosa

for

Gasol-Blake

Everybody is happy.

Blake is a Terrible pg
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#835 » by Drax » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 pm

icincoi wrote:
JLaz92 wrote:

Bass+Green+Barbosa

for

Gasol-Blake

Everybody is happy.

Blake is a Terrible pg

So what? You don't need the next 6th man of the year behind Rondo who plays 36+ minutes in the RS and 40+ in the POs. Someone who isn't a defensive liablity is more then enough.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#836 » by StojkoVrankovic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 pm

JLaz92 wrote:

Bass+Green+Barbosa

for

Gasol-Blake

Everybody is happy.

So Pierce is going to play all game after this trade? That should be fun
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
UConn celt
Senior

Post#837 » by UConn celt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 pm

StojkoVrankovic wrote:
JLaz92 wrote:

Bass+Green+Barbosa

for

Gasol-Blake

Everybody is happy.

So Pierce is going to play all game after this trade? That should be fun

Would a vet min free agent wing really be much worse than what we have now? Send a 2nd rd pick to Toronto for Pietrus or something. Doesn't matter anyway though, Bass/Green/Bosa for Pau/Blake doesn't work financially. Can't take $23M in salary and only send out 16.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#838 » by StojkoVrankovic » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:07 am

UConn celt wrote:Would a vet min free agent wing really be much worse than what we have now? Send a 2nd rd pick to Toronto for Pietrus or something. Doesn't matter anyway though, Bass/Green/Bosa for Pau/Blake doesn't work financially. Can't take $23M in salary and only send out 16.

In this instance? Without a doubt because Gasol stinks

Have people watched him this year? I have seen a bunch of people throw around excuses for him, but how about accepting reality? He is not good anymore. Crap around the rim, slow as can be on defensive rotations, injury prone, soft as hell (laker fans are finally accepting the Gasoft nickname, that should speak volumes to people who want him on our team) We would also have him on the books for 19 million next year, that is absurd.
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
tmallory
Junior
And1: 17

Post#839 » by tmallory » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am

To solve the salary and wing depth problem with the Gasol trade you take back Jamison. You give them Terry instead of Barbosa and sign a FA point guard.

Terry/Bass/Green for Gasol/Jamison works in the trade machine
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#840 » by AKFO » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 am

No clue why people want Gasol. If you think Pierce is washed up, wait till this soft big man comes to town.

Return to Boston Celtics