ImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#761 » by ddb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Datruth345 wrote:always liked spieghts, he can bang

:lol: is your source named Candace?
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#762 » by Datruth345 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 pm

:lol: :wink: i'm not at liberty to discuss my sources
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#763 » by yoadknux » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Hey celts fans, would you trade Rondo for anybody from the Pacers?
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Post#764 » by j_angel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 pm

George + Hibbert for Rondo + Bass. :)
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#765 » by yoadknux » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Uhh.. Not Paul George and Hibbert together. Would do one of them but not both. Maybe Hibbert+George Hill?
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
pfm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,652

Post#766 » by pfm » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 pm

ddb any updates from your guys?
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#767 » by ermocrate » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm

The Memphis Grizzlies have agreed to trade Marreese Speights, Wayne Ellington, Josh Selby and a future draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Jon Leuer, according to a source.
:o
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,541

Post#768 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm

I think a Bass, Green and Terry for Pau Gasol might make some sense. Gasol's contract ends the same time as Paul Pierce. Celtics get a big to go with KG. Celtics get out of long term deals of Terry, Bass and Green.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#769 » by ermocrate » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm

The Memphis Grizzlies have agreed to trade Marreese Speights, Wayne Ellington, Josh Selby and a future draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Jon Leuer, according to a source.
UConn celt
Senior
And1: 70

Post#770 » by UConn celt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 pm

ermocrate wrote:

Gets them under the luxury tax by saving $6M. Good trade for cleveland.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#771 » by ermocrate » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 pm

UConn celt wrote:
ermocrate wrote:

Gets them under the luxury tax by saving $6M. Good trade for cleveland.

We spend our working on trade that make some sense technically and suddenly something absurd Bballwise come out...wow maybe we can sign a big for a bag of nuts.
UConn celt
Senior

Post#772 » by UConn celt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:I think a Bass, Green and Terry for Pau Gasol might make some sense. Gasol's contract ends the same time as Paul Pierce. Celtics get a big to go with KG. Celtics get out of long term deals of Terry, Bass and Green.

I tend to agree. Good move for now and the future. We might as well go with what we got and see how far in the playoffs we can go. Does Pau make us a legit threat to Miami? Probably not, but he addresses a need and allows us to dump some guys who aren't (or at least shouldn't be) part of our future core. Plus Pau's contract is in line with Pierce and KG's. Go for it one last time this year, 2013-14 will be a bridge year/farewell tour for KG and Pierce (if Pierce isn't bought out or retires). Then with Pau, KG, and Pierce coming off the books we'd be primed to make a big play in free agency, where a lot of good players will be available.

However it looks like the Lakers don't want to take on any long term salary in a Gasol deal. And with the rumors today that maybe they'd trade Dwight, who knows what they're actually thinking.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#773 » by ermocrate » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:14 pm

UConn celt wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:I think a Bass, Green and Terry for Pau Gasol might make some sense. Gasol's contract ends the same time as Paul Pierce. Celtics get a big to go with KG. Celtics get out of long term deals of Terry, Bass and Green.

I tend to agree. Good move for now and the future. We might as well go with what we got and see how far in the playoffs we can go. Does Pau make us a legit threat to Miami? Probably not, but he addresses a need and allows us to dump some guys who aren't (or at least shouldn't be) part of our future core. Plus Pau's contract is in line with Pierce and KG's. Go for it one last time this year, 2013-14 will be a bridge year/farewell tour for KG and Pierce (if Pierce isn't bought out or retires). Then with Pau, KG, and Pierce coming off the books we'd be primed to make a big play in free agency, where a lot of good players will be available.

However it looks like the Lakers don't want to take on any long term salary in a Gasol deal. And with the rumors today that maybe they'd trade Dwight, who knows what they're actually thinking.

Apocalypse...

When you have been there once you don't want to go trough that again...

Maybe we would be sucking for 10+ years, I don't want to run ANY risk.
UConn celt
Senior

Post#774 » by UConn celt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

ermocrate wrote:
UConn celt wrote:

Apocalypse...

A Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully/Melo starting 5 = an 8 seed at best but more likely a lottery pick between 10-14 every year. That is the absolute worse place to be.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#775 » by ermocrate » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 pm

UConn celt wrote:
ermocrate wrote:Apocalypse...

A Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully/Melo starting 5 = an 8 seed at best but more likely a lottery pick between 10-14 every year. That is the absolute worse place to be.

First of all, they are CHEAP(all together not player by player), means that you still have room, when KG and PP are gone, and even more if you can trade Bass for an expiring, to add and All-Star caliber player and a very good player, second you can't know HOW this guy, with a lot of potential, will pan out when the old guys are gone, wrost case scenario 8th to 11st, but they can get a lot better.

Bass for expiring and KG and PP retire this summer you have only 46 million salaries, if you can also unload Terry you have only 40 million salaries and still Rondo-Bradley-Green-Sully-Melo-Lee on the roster, add a couple of great pieces and you're 4th in the East by default with a lot of room for improvement.

Trade you future away for some championship dream and you're in Charlotte mode for 10 years. Until you can replay the Ray/Garnett trades.
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 2,983

Post#776 » by CelticFaninLBC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 pm

LA doesn't want those long-term deals. They'll have cap room in the summer of 2014 for LeBron.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#777 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Would you trade Rondo if you could get back Gortat AND Dragic?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=anp3wwe
UConn celt
Senior

Post#778 » by UConn celt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:08 pm

ermocrate wrote:
UConn celt wrote:A Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully/Melo starting 5 = an 8 seed at best but more likely a lottery pick between 10-14 every year. That is the absolute worse place to be.

First of all, they are CHEAP(all together not player by player), means that you still have room, when KG and PP are gone, and even more if you can trade Bass for an expiring, to add and All-Star caliber player and a very good player, second you can't know HOW this guy, with a lot of potential, will pan out when the old guys are gone, wrost case scenario 8th to 11st, but they can get a lot better.

Bass for expiring and KG and PP retire this summer you have only 46 million salaries, if you can also unload Terry you have only 40 million salaries and still Rondo-Bradley-Green-Sully-Melo-Lee on the roster, add a couple of great pieces and you're 4th in the East by default with a lot of room for improvement.

Trade you future away for some championship dream and you're in Charlotte mode for 10 years. Until you can replay the Ray/Garnett trades.

How is dealing Green, Bass and Terry trading the future away? I guess you think Green is part of the future, but I think getting out of his contract is the best move long term for the team. And trading Bass and Terry for expirings are easier said than done if you want to move them before the deadline. It would also probably signal we're giving up on the season, which I'm not necessarily against, but I think Danny and Doc still have this year in mind in any trades we do. Trading Green/Terry/Bass for Pau gives us a better shot this year and allows us to be major players in 2014, while holding onto Bradley, Sully and Melo.

But as I said, it may be moot if the Lakers refuse to take any long term salary back.
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,990

Post#779 » by tfmiii » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Would you trade Rondo if you could get back Gortat AND Dragic?

no
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#780 » by Slartibartfast » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:40 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Would you trade Rondo if you could get back Gortat AND Dragic?

Nice players both, but I think Rondo merits quite a bit more than a pair of solid starters.

Return to Boston Celtics