ImageImageImage

Jeff Green rant

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Re: Jeff Green rant 

Post#21 » by 2Mas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Doc is stubborn. Pierce is stubborn.

PP & KG are old as sh*t. We all know that. They're still great players but this is why we signed all this depth so when these two don't bring, we have others that do.

Instead PP34 & KG shoot a combined 10-33?! But Doc consistenly goes to them & leave Lee, Terry, Green chilling there in the corner looking useless. Especially Terry when all he does is play offense & when he don't touch the ball he's useless on the court.

It's so predictable & terrible. Finally when we play a little faster & get that 2ndary break we get some looks esp when Rondo's agressive.

Terry 3-5 & Green 1-4. As our 2 of our best 8 players, they HAVEEEEE TO GET MORE SHOTS. Damn Doc. I put this on you.
Godmoney
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#22 » by Godmoney » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Funny, I feel like Green gets a decent amount of offense run through him. More than Terry at least. The problem is that he just isn't good
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:No need to pay attention to ignormous maximus.

HUMBLEBUM: Make a new account and PM me.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#23 » by ermocrate » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:47 pm

UGA Hayes wrote:^ Um we pretty clearly have an offensive system. We have been running the same plays for years.

PP takes the ball and scores, KG with the 20 footer, Rondo breaks the defense for the layup and the (RIP) 3pt shot of Ray is not an offensive system to me.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#24 » by ermocrate » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Godmoney wrote:Funny, I feel like Green gets a decent amount of offense run through him. More than Terry at least. The problem is that he just isn't good

It's really evident that he is not, ball in the corner is not a sustainable way to run an offense...
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#25 » by DelMonte West » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Regardless of whatever the problem is, I think we can all agree that if you're playing 20 minutes you need to have something else in the stat sheet besides just points. Play aggressive defense, grab some rebounds, ANYTHING. I want to like the kid but man does he make it hard when he's having an "off" night.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#26 » by ermocrate » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:07 pm

DelMonte West wrote:Regardless of whatever the problem is, I think we can all agree that if you're playing 20 minutes you need to have something else in the stat sheet besides just points. Play aggressive defense, grab some rebounds, ANYTHING. I want to like the kid but man does he make it hard when he's having an "off" night.

He grabbed rebounds and played aggressive defense several times, he need only to keep doing it with consistency... Make Green the primary issue of the team, like someone tend to think, is just misleading....

Ps: He has the highest +/- on the team, why force shot when the team works like that?
Godmoney
Analyst

Post#27 » by Godmoney » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 pm

If he is such an asset ermo, where was he against the Bulls? Isn't he 6'9"? How does this absolute wuss finish a game with zero rebounds?

airjaw
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#28 » by airjaw » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:17 pm

Guys, Jeff Green gets the ball enough. If you watch the game, 50% of the time Jeff Green gets the ball and promptly does nothing with it.

Jeff Green realizes he is not a talented player, and he doesn't have the skills to get by his man or the jump shot to shoot it from distance. Hence his passivity and lack of shots. He doesn't take the shots because he realizes he is not good. Think about it.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#29 » by ermocrate » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Godmoney wrote:If he is such an asset ermo, where was he against the Bulls? Isn't he 6'9"? How does this absolute wuss finish a game with zero rebounds?

The team was +5 with him on the floor, it's useless to force situations just to inflate your own stats, if any of your teammates takes the rebound there is no reason to battle for it, We were fine in any statistical category in the Chi game, minus the shot %, courtesy of PP and KG, 10/33...
Godmoney
Analyst

Post#30 » by Godmoney » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Well jesus Ermocrate, I don't know what we even come to this forum to discuss basketball. We have the allmighty, tell-all, NBA basketball +/- stat. What was I thinking, suggesting a 6'9" guy shouldn't be outmuscled for key boards in the 4th quarter? I mean, he had a +/- of +5! I mean, forget "traditional" stats like shooting (1-4), points (2), rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks (0 total), we have +/-! Hey, I'm sure his 2 fouls even helped. He played 19 minutes and did nothing, despite getting actual plays run for him.

His one hoop was a lucky as hell LEFTY hook shot that had no business going in. I'm just going to assume you didn't watch the game. We were not fine in that Bulls game. Derrick Rose didn't play, Luol Deng left the game early, Rondo had maybe his best game of the season (but oh wait - his +/- was -3, so according to you, he sucked), and Carlos freaking Boozer had 20 rebounds. If that is all guys like Green can give the Celtics, they aren't going anywhere. The guy makes $9 million a year and sucks.

ermocrate
General Manager

Post#31 » by ermocrate » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Godmoney wrote:Well jesus Ermocrate, I don't know what we even come to this forum to discuss basketball. We have the allmighty, tell-all, NBA basketball +/- stat. What was I thinking, suggesting a 6'9" guy shouldn't be outmuscled for key boards in the 4th quarter? I mean, he had a +/- of +5! I mean, forget "traditional" stats like shooting (1-4), points (2), rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks (0 total), we have +/-! Hey, I'm sure his 2 fouls even helped. He played 19 minutes and did nothing, despite getting actual plays run for him.

His one hoop was a lucky as hell LEFTY hook shot that had no business going in. I'm just going to assume you didn't watch the game. We were not fine in that Bulls game. Derrick Rose didn't play, Luol Deng left the game early, Rondo had maybe his best game of the season (but oh wait - his +/- was -3, so according to you, he sucked), and Carlos freaking Boozer had 20 rebounds. If that is all guys like Green can give the Celtics, they aren't going anywhere. The guy makes $9 million a year and sucks.

No, you are not coming to this forum to discuss Basketball, you are just using it for unload your frustration... I get that and is really understandable, everybody use Internet at his own will. The only thing you are not entitled to do is lie on other poster statements. Now I will try to make a quick summary of what I said, if you don't understand please ask for further explanations.

The team with Green on the floor was playing better than the Bulls, that resulted in a +5, this does not mean Green was playing good, he was not, but there were no reason to shot more or take more rebound when your team is doing just fine, he was only going up and down the floor and defending.

Our STAT line was better than CHI's almost in every category, more shots, tied rebounds, more steal, half the TO, more BS, just the assist were slightly less. The only difference is in shooting %. That doesn't mean we had a perfect game but we have not sucked or be bullied under the basket.

On a side note, Deng sucked all night long, Butler was a lot more effective and you'll never know how the game would have been with Rose and Bradley in the game, so stop talking about strange parallel universes.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#32 » by DelMonte West » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:45 am

Godmoney wrote:Well jesus Ermocrate, I don't know what we even come to this forum to discuss basketball. We have the allmighty, tell-all, NBA basketball +/- stat. What was I thinking, suggesting a 6'9" guy shouldn't be outmuscled for key boards in the 4th quarter? I mean, he had a +/- of +5! I mean, forget "traditional" stats like shooting (1-4), points (2), rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks (0 total), we have +/-! Hey, I'm sure his 2 fouls even helped.

This post literally had me in stitches (and feeling more than a little depressed at the same time). As I mentioned before, I WANT Jeff to do well but the Mark Blount-ian bagel line has me worried that KG's gonna make him his b!tch if he doesn't start showing some aggression. I honestly can't remember the last time I've been this frustrated with a Celtic outside of maybe Antoine. He should at least give us some sort of Rick Fox in Boston production. I'm just not seeing any passion or pride in his work at times and that scares the piss out of me. I'm not a "hater" but good GRIEF make your impact on the game in some way, shape, or form.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#33 » by ermocrate » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:51 am

Don't worry, something is in the air, JG will be done in a few days....
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#34 » by Tenbomber » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:21 pm

DelMonte West wrote:
Godmoney wrote:Well jesus Ermocrate, I don't know what we even come to this forum to discuss basketball. We have the allmighty, tell-all, NBA basketball +/- stat. What was I thinking, suggesting a 6'9" guy shouldn't be outmuscled for key boards in the 4th quarter? I mean, he had a +/- of +5! I mean, forget "traditional" stats like shooting (1-4), points (2), rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks (0 total), we have +/-! Hey, I'm sure his 2 fouls even helped.

This post literally had me in stitches (and feeling more than a little depressed at the same time). As I mentioned before, I WANT Jeff to do well but the Mark Blount-ian bagel line has me worried that KG's gonna make him his b!tch if he doesn't start showing some aggression. I honestly can't remember the last time I've been this frustrated with a Celtic outside of maybe Antoine. He should at least give us some sort of Rick Fox in Boston production. I'm just not seeing any passion or pride in his work at times and that scares the piss out of me. I'm not a "hater" but good GRIEF make your impact on the game in some way, shape, or form.

I still think that some of Jeff Green's inconsistancy stems for the heart medicine that he now has to take. After you have had open heart surgery, you have to take that medicine. And no matter how good you feel after the surgery, you have days when you just don't want to get out of bed....your energy level suffers..

I give him credit for wanting to play and being able to still play the game at all....But it's tough to expect a high level of play from him every night...Much like Pierce and KG getting older effects their consistancy, I think Green suffers simularly...

Just my too cents....
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#35 » by ermocrate » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:34 pm

I would analyze some clues a stay on stand-by for the next few weeks...
airjaw
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#36 » by airjaw » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Tenbomber wrote:I still think that some of Jeff Green's incisistancy stems for the heart medicine that he now has to take. After you have had open heart surgery, you have to take that medicine. And no matter how good you feel after the surgery, you have days when you just don't want to get out of bed....your energy level suffers..

Wait... is this a thing?
Can you link to any articles about this "heart medicine"? Strange that we haven't heard about it, but it would explain Jeff's lack of energy.

However I still doubt Jeff's basketball ability, heart medicine or not. I just don't think he's very good.
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#37 » by Tenbomber » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:40 pm

airjaw wrote:
Tenbomber wrote:I still think that some of Jeff Green's incisistancy stems for the heart medicine that he now has to take. After you have had open heart surgery, you have to take that medicine. And no matter how good you feel after the surgery, you have days when you just don't want to get out of bed....your energy level suffers..

Wait... is this a thing?
Can you link to any articles about this "heart medicine"? Strange that we haven't heard about it, but it would explain Jeff's lack of energy.

However I still doubt Jeff's basketball ability, heart medicine or not. I just don't think he's very good.

I'm just speaking from my own experience.... i've had two open heart bypass surgerys...

Might I also add that I know quite a few people who have had that surgery before....And they all say the same thing....They all have those days from time to time...
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#38 » by ermocrate » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:50 pm

airjaw wrote:

Wait... is this a thing?

Usually you take anticoagulants after an heart surgery to minimize the risk of an heart attach and also, if I recall correctly, medicines that prevent the calcification of the part gone under surgery.
Godmoney
Analyst

Post#39 » by Godmoney » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm not talking about shooting, I'm talking about doing anything. If the shots aren't there, hit the boards. That's what Larry Bird used to do. That's what Kobe does. How about, shut down Jimmy Butler? (oh wait, according to you, he did, Jimmy Butler had a +/- of -10).

I don't care that he took 4 shots, he is not a focal point of this offense and those nights will happen, but Ermo, what you are saying is literally ridiculous. Your argument is that the Celtics were nearly equal to the Bulls in all box score statistics, so no one needed to play better than they did. I got news for ya, they lost a home game against a team without a MVP candidate and an all-star. They shot 41%. If not for a 20-year old rookie they'd have been out rebounded by double digits. All of this with our scoring-inept point guard shooting 12-21 and scoring 30 points. Thats not going to happen every night, and if you think that type of play from the Celtics is enough to get the Celtics a championship you're nuts.

Guys like Jeff Green have to play better basketball. I personally think he is hopeless in terms of ever giving us $9 million a year worth of value and if there is a way to dump his contact I'd do it in a second. If you enjoy seeing them stay competitive with injury ravaged teams in box score stats, that's up to you, everyone enjoys the game differently. I'd like to see the entire team play well enough to compete for a championship and right now Jeff Green is one glaring weakness on this roster. He is a virtual LOCK to let us down when we need him in the post season. It's just the type of player he is. Not good, and not impactfull and that Bulls game was a perfect example of him coming up small in a game where even the slightest contribution would have been the difference between a W and a L.

tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#40 » by tfmiii » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 pm

i just get the feeling the the Celts are not the right system for Green, i agree w the rant above but feel he could succeed under different circumstances.

Let's face it Doc's offensive playbook has never been a strength and Green seems to be a player who needs to score to get his head in the game and his motor running. And he is not a good one-on-one player so he needs a system that will generate opportunities for him.

Not that he will ever be a world beater or the guy you want taking the last second shot, but he could be a big bargain for a team contemplating the difference say between $9 mil for Green and $19 mil for Gay.

Return to Boston Celtics