ImageImageImage

Jeff Green rant

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

airjaw
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Jeff Green rant 

Post#41 » by airjaw » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:53 pm

tfmiii wrote:i just get the feeling the the Celts are not the right system for Green, i agree w the rant above but feel he could succeed under different circumstances.

Let's face it Doc's offensive playbook has never been a strength and Green seems to be a player who needs to score to get his head in the game and his motor running. And he is not a good one-on-one player so he needs a system that will generate opportunities for him.

Yea, I agree. I think if Green is on a run and gun team with a more loose offensive system he would score more and shoot higher %. He's an athletic player. I think he needs to have spacing to drive on people and just be in a more chaotic, free-flow offense that isn't so strict. On the Celtics, bad shots are frowned upon. I know we let Pierce get away with a few every game but in general the shots we take are not impulse shots.
airjaw
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#42 » by airjaw » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Tenbomber wrote:
I'm just speaking from my own experience.... i've had two open heart bypass surgerys...

Might I also add that I know quite a few people who have had that surgery before....And they all say the same thing....They all have those days from time to time...

When will he recover? I mean, should he even be playing this year?
I haven't heard Jeff Green use the heart medicine as an excuse. So i'm not sure what to believe. If recovery from heart surgery is that difficult then that makes his contract even more mindboggling.
Godmoney
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#43 » by Godmoney » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:02 pm

There isn't a team in the league that can feature him as a scorer and win more than 30 games. As far as I can tell, he is only able to generate high percentage shots when he is playing SF and posting up smaller players. His slashing game is weak - despite his size and athleticism he can't get to the line. He can't shoot the 3. He can't shoot mid-range. All he can do is post and take those hook shots. However, show me a single team in the league that would be better off if only they had the ability to get Jeff Green more shots. That team doesn't exit. His PER is 11.77. He sucks. That is behind Tony Allen, #233 in the league. As has been case every single year he has been in the league, his team is better defensively with him on the bench. He doesn't board. He doesn't create for others. I just don't think there is a "system" in which Jeff Green can thrive at this level. I sure as hell hope I am wrong, but this guy is a capital B-U-S-T so far and I'd be shocked if he turned his career around and became a useful player.

All I will say about him is that every maybe 5th game he has an above average performance, but overall he is a drain on this team.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:No need to pay attention to ignormous maximus.

HUMBLEBUM: Make a new account and PM me.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#44 » by ermocrate » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 pm

He has played well like 3/5 of the games.

My talk with haters do end here, there no point in discussing with someone that only posts for the purpose to insult a player.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Rondo2Bradley
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#45 » by Rondo2Bradley » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Rondo2Hondo wrote:Doc isn't going to change though. Coaches don't change their offense in season ,but by next season it will be too late. KG and Pierce will be too old to lead us anywhere next year

KG and Paul are already too old to lead us anywhere. It's painfully obvious
TommyPointz
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#46 » by TommyPointz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:05 am

hearing about the potential that this heart medicine has been affecting Jeff Green gets me these weird suspicions that next year when he's more fully recovered and he's on another team he'll suddenly become jeff freakin green and a beast.
TommyPointz
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#47 » by TommyPointz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:05 am

hearing about the potential that this heart medicine has been affecting Jeff Green gets me these weird suspicions that next year when he's more fully recovered and he's on another team he'll suddenly become jeff freakin green and a beast.
peachbucket
Sixth Man
And1: 659

Post#48 » by peachbucket » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 am

Godmoney wrote:There isn't a team in the league that can feature him as a scorer and win more than 30 games. As far as I can tell, he is only able to generate high percentage shots when he is playing SF and posting up smaller players. His slashing game is weak - despite his size and athleticism he can't get to the line. He can't shoot the 3. He can't shoot mid-range. All he can do is post and take those hook shots. However, show me a single team in the league that would be better off if only they had the ability to get Jeff Green more shots. That team doesn't exit. His PER is 11.77. He sucks. That is behind Tony Allen, #233 in the league. As has been case every single year he has been in the league, his team is better defensively with him on the bench. He doesn't board. He doesn't create for others. I just don't think there is a "system" in which Jeff Green can thrive at this level. I sure as hell hope I am wrong, but this guy is a capital B-U-S-T so far and I'd be shocked if he turned his career around and became a useful player.

All I will say about him is that every maybe 5th game he has an above average performance, but overall he is a drain on this team.

BINGO!

He has a terrible feel for the game and some of the worst intangibles that I have seen at the NBA level. The stuff he does on the court that DONT show up in the box score COST YOU GAMES. I don't know about his +/- for the Bulls game but I can tell you he has had a NEGATIVE +/- EVERY SINGLE YEAR HE'S BEEN IN THE LEAGUE.

A significant improvement at this point would be nothing short of a miracle since has not gotten better in any part of his game since he came into the league 6 years ago….a pretty rare feat in todays NBA.

I don't understand what Ainge was thinking after seeing this guy up close for a year….and where the hell was the Brain Doctor?
philing00
Senior
And1: 200

Post#49 » by philing00 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 pm

My opinion of Green is in the middle.

I think he's got decent range. A better shooter than Lee or Bradley.

His rebounding sucks and his defence is average.

I think he does get enough touches. It's just that he either hangs around to shoot the corner 3 or he iso's is he has a mismatch. Then he tries to blow by him with his speed and power. A lot of the time he'll get to the line on the drive, but a lot of the time he'll also run into trouble with a rotating defender or his shoddy footwork.
He needs to learn to dish it off instead of chucking up bricks.

Off the ball he needs to set screens and make cuts, get more active.

He just doesnt know how to play smart team ball and coaching is to blame as much as he is.
FeedReed
Starter
And1: 839

Post#50 » by FeedReed » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:20 pm

he needs to be more active, but i think if he got pierce touches, he'd put up pierce numbers. once pierce is finally gone(unless green goes first) i think we'll see his emergence. ine of the reasons green and the others stand around so much is because pierce usually has the ball, and he isn't looking to pass unless he has to. green, and ball movement in general is better without him.
FeedReed
Starter
And1: 839

Post#51 » by FeedReed » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:20 pm

he needs to be more active, but i think if he got pierce touches, he'd put up pierce numbers. once pierce is finally gone(unless green goes first) i think we'll see his emergence. ine of the reasons green and the others stand around so much is because pierce usually has the ball, and he isn't looking to pass unless he has to. green, and ball movement in general is better without him.
Godmoney
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#52 » by Godmoney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:56 pm

How has Jeff Green been good in 3 out of every 5 games? Have you seen his stats? If not, let me type them out for oyu. 23 MPG, 9.5 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 0.9 APG, 42% FG%, 32% 3-PT%. His PER is 11.99. 15 is AVERAGE. Anyone who thinks Jeff Green is going to put up Pierce-esque numbers is out of their mind. Pierce does two things - gets to the line and hits the three - that Jeff Green will never do. He was supposed to do a lot of things for this team this year. So far, he gets an F.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:No need to pay attention to ignormous maximus.

HUMBLEBUM: Make a new account and PM me.
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#53 » by Kids Are Alright » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm

What gets me is how happy he is if he puts a few good minutes in a game, the rest of the time he looks like he's at a country club. 9 million, the guy ought to be going nuts out there.

Here's the problem, these guys are so overpaid if they're big and athletic (like Jeff) they get a pass.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)

Return to Boston Celtics