ImageImageImage

Important: New Celtics Forum Guidelines Now In Effect

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

PersianCeltic
Rookie
And1: 51
Location: Read REALGM for many years before I started posting

Re: Important: New Celtics Forum Guidelines Now In Effect 

Post#21 » by PersianCeltic » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Geoffrey P wrote:Bingo.
Coincidentally those who oppose it are those who have no problems whatsoever on this board.

This makes sense.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#22 » by sully00 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:45 pm

I don't think we had a major issue on this board we had a minor but really annoying issue. These guidelines came from posters complaining about the behavior of other posters through reported posts and pms to moderators. They were right and it shouldn't be ignored.

I hope raising the issue is enough it should be.
Shook Ones
Bench Warmer
And1: 92

Post#23 » by Shook Ones » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:51 pm

how about a new rule:

other teams trolls come on here talking trash get suspended (NY and MIA).

I dont even dare make a post on their forums because you get suspended just for making a neutral post.

get these clowns out of here. they troll our forum because they know it's an easy target and not enforced.
stepbackj34
Bench Warmer
And1: 64

Post#24 » by stepbackj34 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Shook Ones wrote:how about a new rule:

I dont even dare make a post on their forums because you get suspended just for making a neutral post.

get these clowns out of here. they troll our forum because they know it's an easy target and not enforced.

Yeah i agree. I got suspended for making one simple post on the Knicks forum. I said something like, "where was all this trash talk when we were killing you all those years?" I got instantly suspended for that even though I've seen posters from other teams come over here and say things way worse.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#25 » by Slartibartfast » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 pm

A Knick troll just got banned the other day. Thank you for using the report button and keep on doing so.
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#26 » by GreenBloodedC » Mon May 6, 2013 3:53 am

Good day mods.

Our board is filled w/ trade threads, keeping KG and Pierce threads, rebuild/retool threads right now, and basically offseason threads.

It's great to talk about futur plans for the team but I think one thread per topic would be enough to make our board a little neater.

Thank you :D
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#27 » by Geoffrey P » Mon May 6, 2013 3:44 pm

I merged a few but for the sake of everyone I left some where they were because that thread will get all screwed up if we merge every topic right now. For all of the new ideas/threads regarding off season moves they should be put into the OFF SEASON MOVES THREAD. So hopefully they'll be moved before they get to too many replies.
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#28 » by AKFO » Tue May 7, 2013 2:55 am

Why not just keep it stickied?
ki-nuck
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#29 » by ki-nuck » Wed May 15, 2013 12:35 am

Hi mods, Rondo2Hondo here. I logged in today only to find I was perma-banned? I am just wondering why? I'm not sure what I did exactly to deserve that.

I had a back and forth with Slartibartfast, and I felt like I was targeted and treated unfairly by him simply because I disagreed with a mod. He sent me a warning, and since then I was posting minding my own business. There was no additional warning or notification. I feel that I am a good contributor here. I'm not sure what the problem is. It would be interesting to hear from some of the other Celtic forum users before being banned again!
Vonnegut
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#30 » by Vonnegut » Mon May 20, 2013 7:59 am

What is the "Ban Scale"?

Also, can we all stop using the phrase "ball washing"? I think anyone who says "ball washing" should get 3 points on the ban scale (assuming that it uses points)
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#31 » by 15th overall » Mon May 20, 2013 8:28 am

Vonnegut wrote:What is the "Ban Scale"?

Also, can we all stop using the phrase "ball washing"? I think anyone who says "ball washing" should get 3 points on the ban scale (assuming that it uses points)

I think there should be an immediate suspension for anyone using the term "butthurt." It's become a full blown epidemic on this site. Makes for some lazy writing too.

Also, Rondo2Hondo got banned? That's too bad. I thought he was a pretty good poster.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
Vonnegut
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#32 » by Vonnegut » Mon May 20, 2013 9:22 am

yeah I was really #buthurt to see Rndo2Hondo go and Hemingway too
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#33 » by sam_I_am » Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Seems to me these rules usually end up creating exactly the type of environment they say they are meant to prevent. If I think a player stinks or should be traded because of limited upside, I want to be able to express that opinion anytime I want without worrying that it will uspet some Mod's own personal agenda. Otherwise what is the point of paying attention to this site at all? I am really not interested in politically correct fanboy posts. Sadly the quality of dialogue here is reaching an all time low as it is. I think its best to let posters make and defend their own positions and limit banning to inappropriate personal attacks, foul language etc.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#34 » by sully00 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:29 am

sam

I think you are missing the point. The issue isn't about posts or expressing an opinion, the problem that has all but disappeared was that certain posters were constantly starting threads and hijacking threads to address their personal agenda about their favorite or least favorite player. Since this was posted it has all kind of come to a close.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#35 » by Slartibartfast » Thu May 23, 2013 4:11 pm

sam_I_am wrote:Seems to me these rules usually end up creating exactly the type of environment they say they are meant to prevent. If I think a player stinks or should be traded because of limited upside, I want to be able to express that opinion anytime I want without worrying that it will uspet some Mod's own personal agenda. Otherwise what is the point of paying attention to this site at all? I am really not interested in politically correct fanboy posts. Sadly the quality of dialogue here is reaching an all time low as it is. I think its best to let posters make and defend their own positions and limit banning to inappropriate personal attacks, foul language etc.

There's nothing in the rules that prevents posters from making/defending their positions or empowers mods to pursue personal vendettas.

These rules are targeted at the personal attacks and thread derailments that were occurring as a result of the player-based flame wars that were heating up. Express your opinion about a player to your heart's delight - just make sure it's in the right thread and that is not framed as a personal attack on posters who disagree.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#36 » by campybatman » Fri May 31, 2013 2:50 am

I wish the moderators will do a better job of warning the posters that just post in your threads to insult you. Really? And some of the moderators (or "retired" moderators) are the culprits. What have I done to you? I mean, I don't ask anybody to like me. Conversely, I expect you to respect that I've different opinions as I would of you. I mean, I don't bother nobody. If you dislike the topic, don't reply. How hard of a concept is that for you to understand? Haven't you ever heard of agreeing to disagree and move on?

The ignore option isn't enough... You can't ignore moderators... It's unfair that one has to be subjected to this occasional nonsense that's most often uncalled for. Is there a button where you can report a guilty poster? If not, there needs to be one available.

This blatant disregard of forum rules needs to be monitored more closely. You aren't supposed to insult or goad another poster into an argument, or hijack a thread or speak off topic. These attacks are irrelevant and serve no purpose other than to prompt other posters to join in on the "fun" of insulting or criticizing you. There's no doubt in my mind that there exist a double standard on here. That is to say, if your opinion falls on the side of the fence that's for the majority opinion, it's "all right." On the other hand, if your opinion falls on the other side of the fence, you're ambushed by these troublemakers. Whatever happened to just leaving people alone? Just curious... Why insult, question or criticize others for having an unpopular opinion? I believe they've insecurities... Because nobody likes it when the shoe's on the other foot. Yeah, let me pick on you and see if you like it or find it to be irksome.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#37 » by Geoffrey P » Fri May 31, 2013 4:15 am

Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#38 » by Marvel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Rondo2Hondo was aight. What happened?
Pogue Mahone
Head Coach
And1: 738

Post#39 » by Pogue Mahone » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:18 am

I feel like the board is currently under siege with folks who are not committed to thinking things through. Which is fine, in isolation, but the way it's occurring is currently muting and drowning out most all else, imo.

Not attempting to backseat mod. Just explaining it as I see it.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#40 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:57 pm

stepbackj34 wrote:
Shook Ones wrote:how about a new rule:

Yeah i agree. I got suspended for making one simple post on the Knicks forum. I said something like, "where was all this trash talk when we were killing you all those years?" I got instantly suspended for that even though I've seen posters from other teams come over here and say things way worse.

Are there board-wide rules on this? I went to the Knicks board a couple days back about the Bargnani/Calderon thing, posted something I thought was reasonable and got told to 'gtfo' - I stuck up for myself and was instantly banned without any warning.

Return to Boston Celtics