ImageImageImage

Celtics forecast: Who

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,210

Celtics forecast: Who 

Post#1 » by Parliament10 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Celtics forecast: Who’s staying, going?

By Baxter Holmes | Globe Staff

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/ ... story.html
It’s important to note that no player is untradeable if the offer is right, and that a considerable amount of the Celtics’ decision-making process will depend on where they fall in the May 20 draft lottery....

Another fact worth considering: Only Rajon Rondo, Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Vitor Faverani, Kelly Olynyk, and Jared Sullinger are on guaranteed contracts for next season.

Jerryd Bayless, Kris Humphries, and Avery Bradley will become free agents, though Bradley will be restricted, meaning the Celtics can match any offer he receives.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
sarcasma
Junior
And1: 249

Re: Celtics forecast: Who 

Post#2 » by sarcasma » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm

HUMP has to go, hes taking too many of Kelly's minutes. Bayless...I want him off the team, he doesnt pass to Kelly enough. Thats the best thing about Pressey, he gets Kelly the ball. Avery Bradley, were not good enough to sign him to a cap clogging deal yet, thats the tough one.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,313

Post#3 » by Red2 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 pm

I like humphries but we already have Olynk fave rani and now Joel Anthony
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#4 » by GreenMachine » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:54 pm

Red2 wrote:I like humphries but we already have Olynk fave rani and now Joel Anthony

I don't think you should make decisions on what players to keep or not keep or acquire based on Fav and Anthony. They are irrelevant to any discussion. Just saying.

Hump is a quality 3rd or 4th big. I think it all depends on what we do in the draft and then with Sully/Kelly and most importantly Bass. I certainly see no reason to have Bass and Hump going forward... and I would rather Hump if that is possible. Sully/Kelly/Hump and a real center would be a quality big man rotation. Fav and Joel are on the deeeep bench. But there is also a very real possibility that at least one of Sully or Kelly are gone by next year... so who knows...

Return to Boston Celtics