ImageImageImage

Feeling down on this team ... We need a break!

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

accelerator
Senior
And1: 45

Post#1 » by accelerator » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:21 am

Two failed lotteries after losing superstar Len Bias from before those debacles and now losing the coin flip. Why is it that it feels like we can't catch a break. Almost feels like we have to somehow force feed a good team. But we live in cold area in Boston, and have no real floor leadership, star and now the horrible season may go to waste with a 6-7 pick of a so so player in a 3-4 super player draft. I satthrough 20 years of stinking when Bias went down. Begging for a lottery win for Duncan, than Durrant. Son of a gun. The NBA is a stars league, you need top players to win and stay on top, or you end up stinking for years to come. We have tried but no one ever gives us crap. We got Kevin G because of mchale, and that was our shining moment or we'd still be a cellar dweller ever since. I just love having a great team for my young son to cheer for, and man it's tough. The positive guys will say it's all good, but it's not. Probably unless we win the lottery ... Rondo has to be dealt, so we can keep rebuilding and perhaps get decent again in 3-4 years.
Go Celts!
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Re: Feeling down on this team ... We need a break! 

Post#2 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:24 am

And1

Couldn't of summed up my feelings, thoughts, and emotions any better as a Celtics fan.
DijonRondo
Veteran
And1: 1,801

Post#3 » by DijonRondo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:07 am

Lol trading Rondo though. Acceleratorfan2003 should be your real name.
FingerRoll
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#4 » by FingerRoll » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:37 am

We have the most assets out of any team in the league. 2 firsts in 14. 3 in 15 . Most likely 2 in 17. And 2 more in 18. Those are either being flipped (possibly this years) and once we have a solid core together we can use picks in the future (nets pick 18) to keep fresh talent to go along with centerpiece players. Danny knows how to win in this league. I am not worried at all.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#5 » by 2Mas » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:30 am

accelerator wrote: But we live in cold area in Boston, and have no real floor leadership, star and now the horrible season may go to waste with a 6-7 pick of a so so player in a 3-4 super player draft.

:nod:
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#6 » by 15th overall » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 am

17 banners say, "Relax."
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#7 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:40 pm

15th overall wrote:17 banners say, "Relax."

1 banner in the past 20 years says, beware of the treadmill.
accelerator
Senior
And1: 45

Post#8 » by accelerator » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Always love the 17 banner excuse. Most were won in an old era of less teams and talent. In the modern era with out bird's teams, we have won one. As far as trading Rondo, most teams like jordans bulls, lobes lakers, and lebrons heat don't use an elite point guard, they have stars, we need stars that can score big and play great defense. Any trade that can get us that is a good one.
Go Celts!
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#9 » by 15th overall » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:11 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:

Mostly sober now, no longer like the logic either.

We've gotta either land one of the Big 4 or trade for Kevin Love to get me excited about next season... pretty freaked out that it may just be Noah Vonleh and Avery re-signed for $9mil/yr, for another season of "developing assets."
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#10 » by GregB » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:43 pm

I think people just need to relax. I want to win the lottery badly to get one of those 3 guys. If we don't I just have to have faith in Ainge. We have a ton of assets to play with and I feel Ainge is a very good drafter. Would love to see what he would do with a pick this high.
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#11 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:07 pm

15th overall wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

Mostly sober now, no longer like the logic either.

We've gotta either land one of the Big 4 or trade for Kevin Love to get me excited about next season... pretty freaked out that it may just be Noah Vonleh and Avery re-signed for $9mil/yr, for another season of "developing assets."

Same here, but one consolation in my mind is. It's a much worse probability game to play, but if we get stuck with Vonleh and resigned Bradley going into next year.

With a league that won't have half of it tanking. We will be without a doubt one of the absolute worse teams in the league next season. Now that crop may only have 2 players worth drafting instead of 4 like this year. But we might get our guy just one year later.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,313

Post#12 » by Red2 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Why go through a season like this and not do everything in your power to ensure a top three pick? What was the point? Philly traded away two starters to make sure they would suck . Danny didn't tank hard enough. Bass and others should have been sent packing . I don't care what we got back. It was stupid not to be one of the three worst teams
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#13 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Red2 wrote:Why go through a season like this and not do everything in your power to ensure a top three pick? What was the point? Philly traded away two starters to make sure they would suck . Danny didn't tank hard enough. Bass and others should have been sent packing . I don't care what we got back. It was stupid not to be one of the three worst teams

This is true. And it was obvious. Humpries should of been cut the day after the trade dealine if we couldn't get a second rounder for him.

Bass has no business on this team.

To be fair... ORL cut what was one of their best players and is a young guy still in Big Baby. And PHIL trading their guys for 2nd rounders and cutting Granger. Those were tank moves we haven't seen before in the NBA.

Ainge did do what was in every other year great tank moves in trading Crawford and Lee (who's been amazing for the Grizzles as a starter and a perfect fit). Our moves was just uninspired.

But IF Ainge just sat by and we kept Crawford and Lee... we could be slotted 8th seed today. That's only a 4 win difference from what we finished with this year. So at least Ainge did do what would normally be enough any other year and being tied for 4th is far off from the end goal odds. It just might cost the franchise for the next decade and well that **** sucks.

Ainge should of seen Big Baby being flat out cut. And at least responded with cutting what was our best player this season in Kris Humpries. That's is the bare min response he should of made. No doubt.
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#14 » by Truthiracy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11 am

I'm just really, really glad Paul Gaston and Chris Wallace aren't in charge anymore, anyone else get a little traumatized all those years? If Wyc and Danny weren't in charge I would feel gloom and doom, but I myself am pretty optimistic. My prediction is 2017 for the Celtics to compete for a title again, whether it happens or not time will tell. If it were Gaston and Wallace I'd guess 2037 :lol:

As far as for now I'm enjoying the playoffs, rooting for Pierce and underdog teams.
Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#15 » by chakdaddy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:32 am

accelerator wrote: We got Kevin G because of mchale, and that was our shining moment or we'd still be a cellar dweller ever since.

I agree with the post overall and am not optimistic either. But we got KG because we had Al Jefferson to trade. All the other competing offers were trash in retrospect, centered around guys like Biedrins. Big Al is STILL the pretty much best return any team has gotten for trading an aging superstar. (Except Mitch Richmond for Webber, I guess.)

It's not our fault that Kahn took over and decided he liked Darko better than Big Al.

We were able to turn around because we gems dropped to us in Pierce and Jefferson (and Rondo). And we were able to supplement them with a bunch of pretty good prospects for trade fodder like Delonte, TA, Gerald Green, Perk, Gomes...the list goes on.

Unfortunately in our current situation instead of Pierce+Al+Rondo+binkies, we just have Rondo+binkies. I don't see us trading Sullinger/Green for a stud like KG, and we don't have someone like Pierce to team him with. Unless we win the lottery or really strike gold with our next few picks, it's going to be the treadmill again. Rondo+Marcus Smart + 10 Delonte Wests and Tony Allens we acquire with our extra picks aren't going to do it.
MaceWindu
Junior
And1: 121

Post#16 » by MaceWindu » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:03 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
Red2 wrote:Why go through a season like this and not do everything in your power to ensure a top three pick? What was the point? Philly traded away two starters to make sure they would suck . Danny didn't tank hard enough. Bass and others should have been sent packing . I don't care what we got back. It was stupid not to be one of the three worst teams

This is true. And it was obvious. Humpries should of been cut the day after the trade dealine if we couldn't get a second rounder for him.

To be fair... ORL cut what was one of their best players and is a young guy still in Big Baby. And PHIL trading their guys for 2nd rounders and cutting Granger. Those were tank moves we haven't seen before in the NBA.

Ainge did do what was in every other year great tank moves in trading Crawford and Lee (who's been amazing for the Grizzles as a starter and a perfect fit). Our moves was just uninspired.

But IF Ainge just sat by and we kept Crawford and Lee... we could be slotted 8th seed today. That's only a 4 win difference from what we finished with this year. So at least Ainge did do what would normally be enough any other year and being tied for 4th is far off from the end goal odds. It just might cost the franchise for the next decade and well that **** sucks.

Ainge should of seen Big Baby being flat out cut. And at least responded with cutting what was our best player this season in Kris Humpries. That's is the bare min response he should of made. No doubt.

If you think cutting Big Baby was a tank move, you're misinformed. He was our tank leader, and we improved afterwords. Addition by subtraction.

Sent from my XT1080 using RealGM Forums mobile app
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#17 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:43 am

MaceWindu wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

If you think cutting Big Baby was a tank move, you're misinformed. He was our tank leader, and we improved afterwords. Addition by subtraction.

Sent from my XT1080 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Rondo was our tank leader. Doesn't mean he isn't one of our best players. Glen was putting up 12 ppg and 6rpg

His replacement player averaged 6 points 5 rebounds per game.

I know stats don't tell everything, but they can't be ignored either.

ORL improved because of that Center Vucevic and Afflao got more time on the court. Not because they cut Big Baby.

Return to Boston Celtics