ImageImageImage

Here's how to get a top 3 elite player pick this year!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

accelerator
Senior
And1: 45

Here's how to get a top 3 elite player pick this year! 

Post#1 » by accelerator » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:40 pm

If we don't get in top 3, here's a serious way to make a move in, and we all know the NBA is a stars win league. We need a new star on the Celtics. Whatever team we can deal with that gets a top 3, we offer them our number 5 and this years number 17 and next years number one from Brooklyn's pick.

We get a star in the draft, still have our own number one next year. Who cares about number 17 this year and an extra pick next year in teens. This is outdone shot at an elite star player this draft.

Just maybe the 3rd pick team wants a guy we don't want, for instance Randle, Exum, or smart, they can still get their guy at 5 and we get our star at 3. This my friends is awesome. I pray we can pull it off.
Go Celts!
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Re: Here's how to get a top 3 elite player pick this year! 

Post#2 » by Smitty731 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:43 pm

That is a lot to give up to move up 2 spots. Did you just watch the movie Draft Day?
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#3 » by darrendaye » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:53 pm

I prefer my idea of affixing a small piece of metal on the card and slipping a magnet onto the person doing the selecting.......

Edit: But more seriously, having said all you did in the lead-up, why then would any other team in that spot deal the pick?
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
jcappy
Sixth Man
And1: 515

Post#4 » by jcappy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 pm

Like Bill Belichick, i don't trust STARS. Or the STAR SYSTEM. It's like a magic bullet for cancer--the patient does nothing to recover, except shove a million dollar pill in his mouth and swallow. Even if it works, there is something shoddy and self-defeating about it.

I like all the work and cohesion that goes into building a team. Big stars and big money and ESPN are all making a mockery of sports. Thank god for dull old baseball where reliance on the big stars as often as not just doesn't work.

Anyway Ha ha the price is WAY TOO HIGH
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
~ Muhammad Ali
accelerator
Senior

Post#5 » by accelerator » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 am

It's not a lot to move up of you realize a star is a star and there's 3 in this draft. Seriously this is an offer we should make if it can be done with any team in front of us depending on whom they want.
Go Celts!
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#6 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:20 am

I don't think any team that ends up in the top 3 would take a 5, 17 and future first to move down. One of those top three guys buys a GM 4 years on his current contract just to see "how his guy plays out". The other players don't carry that cache.

You just dropped down out of a 4 player draft to get 3 picks that aren't likely to equal one Embiid, Parker, Wiggins in potential.

But it's totally worth it for us. That said if we're giving up that much we're going with the most sure thing in the draft and that's Parker.

We have plenty of extra firsts overflowing to throw some in a package like this.

That said current stars are always >>>> potential ones. So Ideally that package would go for Melo or Kevin Love instead.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#7 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:21 am

jcappy wrote:Like Bill Belichick, i don't trust STARS. Or the STAR SYSTEM. It's like a magic bullet for cancer--the patient does nothing to recover, except shove a million dollar pill in his mouth and swallow. Even if it works, there is something shoddy and self-defeating about it.

I like all the work and cohesion that goes into building a team. Big stars and big money and ESPN are all making a mockery of sports. Thank god for dull old baseball where reliance on the big stars as often as not just doesn't work.

Oh yeah sure, Bill just trusts the greatest QB of all time.

That would be like saying Phil Jackson doesn't trust the star system.
accelerator
Senior

Post#8 » by accelerator » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:39 am

It would be hard for another gm to do it, but it's reasonable if they want someone that they can still get at like 5. Will any bite and not take one of the super 3 is the question. You can rest assured the Celtics could really take a huge step forward with an elite guy, these mid level picks are not going to put us anywhere near the top.
Go Celts!
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#9 » by jirrit » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:50 am

If Ainge wanted one out of the top 3/4 badly he would of let Hump go for nothing, let Rondo heal longer, or just tank harder. Ain't gonna happen. We'll more likely try to acquire a proven star with our picks and assets.
accelerator
Senior

Post#10 » by accelerator » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:06 am

A proven star ... Yikes ... Other than the MCHAle assist for KG ... Nope not gonna happen at a level that would make us great. We need a young long term star in Boston with a heavy dose of patience.
Go Celts!
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,420

Post#11 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 am

Here's how to never start a thread again.

That button that says "NEWTOPIC*" in orange?

Don't hit it.
DijonRondo
Veteran
And1: 1,801

Post#12 » by DijonRondo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:19 am

jcappy wrote:Like Bill Belichick, i don't trust STARS. Or the STAR SYSTEM. It's like a magic bullet for cancer--the patient does nothing to recover, except shove a million dollar pill in his mouth and swallow. Even if it works, there is something shoddy and self-defeating about it.

You're in the wrong sport buddy. If you hate "star driven" basketball, women's lacrosse is just across the street...
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#13 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:24 pm

NBA is a star driven league. Ain't got none, ain't got ****.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#14 » by Tenbomber » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:Here's how to never start a thread again.

Don't hit it.

Especially if you are not one the chosen few...

Common Caveman...give the guy a chance to contribute....

You guys just love to do this to new posters... What are you afraid of? That someone's own ideas and contributions might be better than your own? :crazy:

Give the guy a break....
Tenbomber
Banned User

Post#15 » by Tenbomber » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:30 pm

DijonRondo wrote:

You're in the wrong sport buddy. If you hate "star driven" basketball, women's lacrosse is just across the street...

Same goes for you DjonRondo...You haven't contributed anything worth reading in a long-long time...
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,420

Post#16 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Tenbomber wrote:

Don't hit it.

You guys just love to do this to new posters... What are you afraid of? That someone's own ideas and contributions might be better than your own? :crazy:

Give the guy a break....

Oh relax. Just teasing him. Guy has started a bunch of nonsense threads that aren't even topics, just his thoughts on the draft, which there is already a thread for. It's how the noobs learn, dude.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#17 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:14 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:I don't think any team that ends up in the top 3 would take a 5, 17 and future first to move down. One of those top three guys buys a GM 4 years on his current contract just to see "how his guy plays out". The other players don't carry that cache.

Our best bet would be if Utah got the 3rd pick and Wiggins and Parker were off the board. Would they select Embiid at 3, even though they already have Enes Kanter, or would they prefer to take either Smart or Exum at 5, plus accumulate 2 more picks? I'd say there's a decent chance Utah would strongly consider trading down if this is how it played out.
Tenbomber
Banned User

Post#18 » by Tenbomber » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Tenbomber wrote:

Don't hit it.

Give the guy a break....

Oh relax. Just teasing him. Guy has started a bunch of nonsense threads that aren't even topics, just his thoughts on the draft, which there is already a thread for. It's how the noobs learn, dude.

Ok........I like to see new posters with fresh ideas irreguardless of wether I agree with them or not....thats what makes this board so much fun to read..."noobs" especially...

No harm... no foul then...
DijonRondo
Veteran
And1: 1,801

Post#19 » by DijonRondo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Tenbomber wrote:
DijonRondo wrote:

Same goes for you DjonRondo...You haven't contributed anything worth reading in a long-long time...

Arent you the same guy who went **** about Stevens not calling a time out, then make a thread berating the mods, preceding to get suspended? LOL, I wouldn't be the one talkin, buddy.
Tenbomber
Banned User

Post#20 » by Tenbomber » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:26 pm

DijonRondo wrote:
Tenbomber wrote:
DijonRondo wrote:

Arent you the same guy who went **** about Stevens not calling a time out, then make a thread berating the mods, preceding to get suspended? LOL, I wouldn't be the one talkin, buddy.

Yes i am and I'm proud of it....

i don't need to have a mod in my pocket in order to make a point...and I don't necessariy follow the party line either like some of you do....

I called you out because you picked on another poster, knowing full well that your buddies would have your back....

You put your pants on the same way as anyone else....how about showing that poster some respect?

Return to Boston Celtics