ImageImageImage

Gerald Wallace Isn't Going Anywhere

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

NL41
Banned User
And1: 260

Re: Gerald Wallace Isn't Going Anywhere 

Post#41 » by NL41 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 am

you're wrong. We tanked and got an elite prospect in Smart. He's going to have a much more successful career than Jabari Parker, who will be a 6'8" 260 lb power forward. The only thing Parker will do better than Smart is score more points on a bad team.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#42 » by truth18 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:50 am

NL41 wrote:you're wrong. We tanked and got an elite prospect in Smart. He's going to have a much more successful career than Jabari Parker, who will be a 6'8" 260 lb power forward. The only thing Parker will do better than Smart is score more points on a bad team.

As someone who was disgusted by the Palestine "supporters" in that Bill Russell thread, and made it known how I felt, I'm really happy to see these sigs supporting something you claim to care deeply about. My issue was the immense disrespect of Bill and General forum discourse in that thread. Wearing a sig is a great way to convey a message but not force it on anyone or derail things. Glad you guys are taking the smart approach. I have to disagree with you here SuperDeluxe, but we can respectfully disagree (I tend to agree with almost every one of your posts normally, haha).

But yeah, I hope Smart works out and becomes elite, but you have no idea what will happen. That's strongly worded when he's never even played a game
YOU LOSE
[EverGreen]
Junior
And1: 168

Post#43 » by [EverGreen] » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am

OBisHalJordan wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I was wondering how the team would survive the eventual loss of Gerald Wallace. The title of this thread gave me a thread of hope to cling to. Thank you.

Your banner bothered me so much that it compelled me to add this banner. By the way, your banner is political. Demanding someone object from politics is a political statement. It's a one of stupidest kinds of political statements one can make but it is still political. It's still making claim about how people ought to conduct themselves within a community. If you want people to stop injecting politics into the forum you should stop instigating and just ignore it. If you think injecting politics into realgm is off topic or troll-ish in some way, why are you feeding the trolls?

Speaking of the "stupidest kind of political statements", you've said that that if SuperDeluxe wants to keep politics out of the forums he should justy ignore it. That's simply not true. You have a political banner, so every time you post politics is brought into the forum.
I really don't care about your political views. I come here to chat to people about basketball and the Celtics. You seem to think that you have the right to shout down anyone who doesn't want your simplistic view on politics bought into the message board.
The problem is that it isn't a simple situation. It is far from simple. Perhaps I can give you a simplier solution? Perhaps you can put up a banner requesting that all US military troops are removed from Iraq. That's a much simplier invasion/occupation by any definition.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#44 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Could we not?
Feel free to talk about it here but this is supposed to be centered around basketball.

Also there are many ways to block images that you do not want to see, including Disabling Signatures here. As of right now there is no rule against such signatures.
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#45 » by irie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 pm

JMillott wrote:If his knee is truly cleaned up by the surgery I think he wins the starting SF job pretty easily. He is still by far the best defender we have at the SF spot, he gives the rebounding of Turner, splits the difference between them as a ball handler and has been when healthy a far more efficient scorer then either of them.

A truly healthy Gerald Wallace provides the type of defensive protection that might allow the Celtics to get away with playing a Sully and Olynyk frontline defensively if Bradley, Rondo and Smart are also playing great defense. The biggest reason to move on from Wallace isn't the contract if he is actually healthy its that he makes this a far better basketball team and might cost us draft position.

A starting lineup of Rondo / Bradley / Wallace / Sullinger / Zeller could be one of the worst offensive teams in the NBA. At least putting Green into the lineup makes them somewhat mediocre because the only guys on the team who can create on the roster really are Rondo and Green when he feels like it. We know today's offense starts on the perimeter. So having 4 guys start who are all just staring at Rondo hoping he gives them the ball in. A position to score is worrisome.

I really like the way Wallace plays the game (he's all effort and grit) but now that his athleticism is basically gone, he can't score because he never developed a jump shot. He may start, but I hope not.

Honestly if he is going to start, I wouldn't mind if the Cs went small. That opens up plenty of time for all the guards on the roster and Olynyk. That's probably my prefered starting lineup.. Something like

Rondo / Smart
Bradley / Thornton
Green / Young
Wallace / Olynyk
Sullinger / Zeller

Pressey, Turner, Anthony can waive towels and clap. Babb, Johnson, and Faverani can be the Red Claws big 3. Bogans can sit at home eating pizza and playing 2k pretending he's still worth a roster spot. I know it puts Sullinger at center again and that's not ideal, but I think that's the best way to ensure minute distribution on a roster that has a lot of players who are basically equally talented and deserve playing time.
♣|☸
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,924

Post#46 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Geoffrey P wrote:Could we not?
Feel free to talk about it here but this is supposed to be centered around basketball.

Also there are many ways to block images that you do not want to see, including Disabling Signatures here. As of right now there is no rule against such signatures.

Thank you. I didn't know it, but Adblock Plus (ABP) allows you to block specific images. Now I don't have to see politics shoved down my throat while I chat about basketball, and at the same time all freedoms of expression are preserved. Win-win for everyone.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,941

Post#47 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Wallace had surgeries on March 4th, 2014. Is he even going to be ready by Training Camp? Or the start of the Regular season, for that matter?
Has anyone heard anything?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/440899713194553344[/tweet]
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#48 » by 165bows » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Parliament10 wrote:Wallace had surgeries on March 4th, 2014. Is he even going to be ready by Training Camp? Or the start of the Regular season, for that matter?
Has anyone heard anything?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/440899713194553344[/tweet]

Can't remember where, but I saw recently reports that he was supposed to be ready for the start of camp.

Of course, everyone is jacked and fit right now and in the best shape of their lives.

Also, there is a RealGM setting to display or not display signatures. I saw someone mention turning it off and never looked back. I found they were just repetitive.

Return to Boston Celtics