ImageImageImage

Emily Austen is so much better at her job than Abby Chin

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Re: Emily Austen is so much better at her job than Abby Chin 

Post#21 » by greenbeans » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Greg Dickerson all. day. long.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,106

Post#22 » by MaxwellSmart » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:07 am

AT LEAST it's not Willie freaking Maye----who used to be the sideline reporter----what the HELL were they thinking with him---?
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#23 » by jfs1000d » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:26 am

Why go after Willie maye? He was terrific. I love Willie maye. And chin is fine.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
stretch
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#24 » by stretch » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:27 am

OP are you kidding?

Abby is so good at her job, at least she was last year.
Initially she was a bit awkward but by year end even Danny was complementing her.

Emily has so much room for improvement. She has a terrible habit of overemphasizing every word with her face, such that it's exhausting watching her get through a sentence. :lol: It's just not as fluid or natural a role with her. Molly had a little of that problem initially too, so I'm sure Emily will get over it. But she's a long way away I'll tell you that. And I completely disagree about her knowledge, she makes getting through a simple recap seem so difficult. It's just not comfortable for her; it's not the right profession imho, but that doesn't mean she won't ever become a big time media person
stretch
Analyst

Post#25 » by stretch » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:32 am

iTalkToTheLord wrote:Austen is pretty awkward. Abby is the best sideline reporter we have had in years and I think she generally asks decent questions.
stretch
Analyst

Post#26 » by stretch » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:33 am

OFWGKTA wrote:I can't stand Emily Austin's head movements, seriously watch any video and once you notice it, you won't be able to stop.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,112

Post#27 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 am

Man IMO Abby is so much better than Emily. Abby flows much smoother than Emily. I remember when Emily first started she would stumble on her words so many times. Her media day coverage of the Celtics last year was putrid. Like stretch said she also makes some weird looking faces at times. To be fair to her she has gotten A LOT better than last year though. The one thing I like about her is she seems to be really cool and loves to joke with the guys. Her interview with Crash this year at media day got a couple laughs out of me.

Molly McGrath was GOAT though, hands down. Willie Maye was also awesome. Such a likable fun dude..it's like that dude never saw a bad day in his life. Smiles from ear to ear like he just hit the lotto. Dickerson was the 'woist'..my gosh. I do love how they finally said to themselves 'hey 95% of the people watching Celtics stuff are most likely men. How about we put a couple attractive girls on the mic instead of some chubby looking dude and a smiley old bald guy'. Makes sense.
♣ A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal ♣ THANK YOU TRUTH! ♣
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#28 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:03 am

I cannot comment on this topic because my GF works/worked with these individuals.

But if I did Molly and Abby FTW. Abby is the most down to earth regular chick, according to Mrs.LBF.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#29 » by 15th overall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:09 am

Found this at Goodwill a few years ago, had to buy it.

"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#30 » by irie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:First off, Abby is not only hot but also extremely professional. I'm not even sure she deserves this discussion, not even if you're bored in the offseason.

That being said, the alternative is Greg Dickerson. Make your pick.

(By the way, I agree with iTalkToTheLord -- Emily Austen seems awkward to me. I will start a thread about this soon.)

I prefer Dickerson. He did a really good job.
♣|☸
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#31 » by jfs1000d » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Willie Maye is awesome. Who loved the job more than him?

Sometimes, you need a guy who is fun. The coach was awesome. That's like people complaining about Tommy Heinshon. Are you kidding me? I love Tommy!
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,659

Post#32 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:56 pm

I like them both. Abby is a more subdued personality. Still personable, but definitely more subdued than Emily. Emily seems more playful, in a way. I also thought Dickerson did a nice job, but the girls are easy on the eyes.

It's not a straight apples to apples comparison anyway, because Emily isn't doing live in-game interviews. She was fun to watch during media day, though. I suspect that Emily is more fun to watch in puff-pieces, like media day interviews tend to be.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#33 » by FakeScreenName123 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:05 pm

I'd hang out with Abby. She seems cool.

Emily is wtv. Feel like she has a hard time finishing sentences. My favorite is when she gets to ask her b.s. celtics.com questions to the players and it interrupts the flow of the other questions being asked.

"Sully, you've lost 10 straight. What is it like to play with Rajon Rondo??"
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,106

Post#34 » by MaxwellSmart » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:44 am

Willie Maye used to stumble and stall (while talking) during his time on the screen ....but to his credit, he always seem to come through--right when you thought the guys in the truck would cut him off.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#35 » by sully00 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:09 am

MaxwellSmart wrote:AT LEAST it's not Willie freaking Maye----who used to be the sideline reporter----what the HELL were they thinking with him---?

This is so wrong. He is the "Coach" Willy Maye to you.

Return to Boston Celtics