ImageImageImage

Free Agency/Cap Space Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Re: Free Agency/Cap Space Thread 

Post#1641 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Mon May 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Green89 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Green89 wrote:
They won't beat Golden State with or without Love.

Meh... Grizz would have taken them if healthy.

I take a healthy Cavs in 5.

humblebum wrote:Even unhealthy Cavs could get hot and make quick work of the Warriors. The Warriors are really good, but that Cavs defense is a meat grinder. Shumpert, Lebron, Thompson, and Mozgov. That's just a brutalizing lineup.

You guys are severely underestimating the Warriors. Their defense ranked #1 in opponents field goal percentage for the season and the Cavs ranked #20. That's not even a close margin. Healthy, the Cavs would have a hard time beating the Warriors. Without Love and a banged up Irving, they have no shot.

Seconded
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1642 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon May 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Green89 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Green89 wrote:
They won't beat Golden State with or without Love.

humblebum wrote:Even unhealthy Cavs could get hot and make quick work of the Warriors. The Warriors are really good, but that Cavs defense is a meat grinder. Shumpert, Lebron, Thompson, and Mozgov. That's just a brutalizing lineup.

You guys are severely underestimating the Warriors. Their defense ranked #1 in opponents field goal percentage for the season and the Cavs ranked #20. That's not even a close margin. Healthy, the Cavs would have a hard time beating the Warriors. Without Love and a banged up Irving, they have no shot.

I know the Ws better than I know the Celts, and I don't agree. Cavs started 19-20 prior to Mozgov trade, so these season-long stats are kinda moot as far as they are concerned, IMO.

Ws played LeBron once this year, and he punished them.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#1643 » by Green89 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Green89 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

I know the Ws better than I know the Celts, and I don't agree. Cavs started 19-20 prior to Mozgov trade, so these season-long stats are kinda moot as far as they are concerned, IMO.

The Warriors were in the middle of a 6 game road trip during that time, and Curry only scored 18 points. Do you really think Curry will score only 18 in ANY Finals game this year?
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#1644 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon May 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Green89 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Green89 wrote:

The Warriors were in the middle of a 6 game road trip during that time, and Curry only scored 18 points. Do you really think Curry will score only 18 in ANY Finals game this year?

I think the Ws couldn't have covered both LeBron and Love at the same time.

Draymond a good locker room guy and team defender and all that, but not the man defender that people think. LeBron would have hurt him bad.
Chris4Vikes
Pro Prospect
And1: 303

Post#1645 » by Chris4Vikes » Mon May 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Are the Warriors going to be able to keep both Green and Barnes long term? I don't think so. The Cs should be there to scoop up whoever is cast aside. Sign and trade when the time comes. This off-season or next.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#1646 » by rickrolled » Mon May 25, 2015 7:27 pm

By trading Wallace and Bradley we'd have roughly 40 million in capspace, Love and Jordan base year salary would start at 18.9 million. So that leaves roughly 3 million to re-sign Crowder. But I have also added #16 and #28, if they're traded and replaced by cap holds for empty roster spots, (1,05 million) Crowder could make close to 5 million.

Bass,Jerebko are gone.

We then have the room exception available for Pierce at 2.8 million.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1647 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon May 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Chris4Vikes wrote:Are the Warriors going to be able to keep both Green and Barnes long term? I don't think so. The Cs should be there to scoop up whoever is cast aside. Sign and trade when the time comes. This off-season or next.

Yes, they will. Curry is on a nice contract, which makes it easier. They'll attach a pick or two onto Lee or Iguodala (likely Lee unless no one bites) to clear the necessary space to avoid the tax.

Teams saw how bad the Harden deal went and won't punt young talent to keep overpaid veterans. Paying the luxury tax as a last resort is a worthwhile fee for an owner like Lacob, who has more money than God.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#1648 » by rickrolled » Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 pm

other than the number he'd look good in green.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#1649 » by truth18 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:02 pm

smh. Russell is not amused
YOU LOSE
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,561

Post#1650 » by lon3lytoaster » Mon May 25, 2015 8:03 pm

truth18 wrote:smh. Russell is not amused

So flip it upside down and give him #9 :nod:
truth18
RealGM

Post#1651 » by truth18 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:06 pm

lon3lytoaster wrote:

Tell it to whoever did that disgusting photoshop job ;)

But aside from that blasphemy, I'm constantly on the fence about DJ. Right now, I'm down to bring him here, but I go back and forth day to day with him. Confusing player.
YOU LOSE
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#1652 » by Afam » Mon May 25, 2015 8:10 pm

That picture is not getting an And 1 by me. No way should DeAndre Jordan be wearing Bill Russell Number. Whoever did that must not be a Celtics Fan.
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,561

Post#1653 » by lon3lytoaster » Mon May 25, 2015 8:12 pm

truth18 wrote:
lon3lytoaster wrote:

But aside from that blasphemy, I'm constantly on the fence about DJ. Right now, I'm down to bring him here, but I go back and forth day to day with him. Confusing player.

Not the best defensive player, like he's billed to be but the shot blocking and dominant rebounding is incredible to watch. I think you could get creative and feature him more offensively too. Not really with post ups, but Stevens I'm sure could draw up some silly plays to get him lobs all day. No ones stopping that.
Shamrock
Head Coach
And1: 5,064

Post#1654 » by Shamrock » Mon May 25, 2015 8:15 pm

If DJ was on this team he'd get probably 17 boards a game... Imagine the IT and DJ lobs :nod: :nod:
truth18
RealGM

Post#1655 » by truth18 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:17 pm

lon3lytoaster wrote:
truth18 wrote:
lon3lytoaster wrote:

Not the best defensive player, like he's billed to be but the shot blocking and dominant rebounding is incredible to watch. I think you could get creative and feature him more offensively too. Not really with post ups, but Stevens I'm sure could draw up some silly plays to get him lobs all day. No ones stopping that.

Yeah, it's too bad he doesn't have better spacing on defense. He has the length to make any defense elite with the proper movement/footwork. Maybe he just hasn't been taught this stuff well in LA. That and the free throw issues worry me, but idk, I'd take him right now for sure.
YOU LOSE
Shamrock
Head Coach
And1: 5,064

Post#1656 » by Shamrock » Mon May 25, 2015 8:18 pm

:o :o :o

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwUD86jduo[/youtube]
BfB
Analyst
And1: 3,118

Post#1657 » by BfB » Tue May 26, 2015 12:53 am

truth18 wrote:
lon3lytoaster wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Yeah, it's too bad he doesn't have better spacing on defense. He has the length to make any defense elite with the proper movement/footwork. Maybe he just hasn't been taught this stuff well in LA. That and the free throw issues worry me, but idk, I'd take him right now for sure.

You put 3 point shooters all around him and let him destroy the oboards. You coykd run more offense through him as a facilitator who creates closeout drives with his kickouts.

The FT thing is tedious, but it doesn't actually hinder winning, from what i've seen. You get him and Love and you iutrebound the other team every night.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#1658 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue May 26, 2015 5:04 am

Shamrock wrote::o :o :o

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwUD86jduo[/youtube]

Had nice seats for a Clippers playoff game last year. Maybe 18th row on one of the FT lines. It was shocking how long DJ is and how high he gets up. Looked like the simplest thing in the world to just throw him oops when he had the lane. Could see it coming a mile away, even in halfcourt.
BfB
Analyst
And1: 3,118

Post#1659 » by BfB » Tue May 26, 2015 12:17 pm

He's a monster, i'd have no problems bringing him in
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#1660 » by Drax » Tue May 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Why is everyone so hyped up about Jordan? He freaks me out. How does he fit in our offense and how will his individual offense look with out CP3? Maximum money for a shotblocker and athletic freak without an offensive game and horrific free throw shooting? That's a potential albatross contract if he doesn't click with his new teammates.

Personally i'd rather look in the $10 million range for a center. Probably 90% of the Jordan production with way less financial risk.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford

Return to Boston Celtics