ImageImageImage

Re: Around the NBA: 2014-15

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,029

Re: Re: Around the NBA: 2014-15 

Post#241 » by exculpatory » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:15 pm

And Paul Pierce was awesome once again VS the Kings last night. Paul's vintage Truth 12 point Q3 turned the game around.

Do you realize that except for a few games recently where he actually looked 37 1/2 years old, Paul is averaging just shy of 13 PPG on 46% & 40% from 3, & 59% TS% - playing ONLY 26 mpg & averaging ONLY 9 FGAs per game. He is STILL a freaking stud - even in his NBA-geriatric years!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,067

Post#242 » by Ben-N1ce » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:17 pm

truth18 wrote:How is everyone doing in fantasy? I'm fourth in my main league, but the second third and fourth spots are really tight. Next two days should be crazy.

Hopefully I make the finals but the Butler injury really screwed me over a bit.

I won my division in mine so I got my money back. The D12 injury will prevent me from winning it all though. Pretty sad when Brook Lopez was more reliable :o
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#243 » by GreenBloodedC » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:36 am

truth18 wrote:How is everyone doing in fantasy? I'm fourth in my main league, but the second third and fourth spots are really tight. Next two days should be crazy.

Hopefully I make the finals but the Butler injury really screwed me over a bit.

I'm 8th and just glad to make the playoffs. My players were injured for most part of the season. I'm confident LeBron and Rubio will give me the win.

BTW, Rondo is ruining my team.
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,918

Post#244 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:52 am

Rondo is back.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#245 » by DarkAzcura » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:56 am

IlCapitano wrote:Rondo is back.

Haha, just checked the box score. That box score reminds me so much of the old Celtics. :( Obviously the player's aren't similar, but the three 20 point scorers (Ellis, Parsons, Dirk similar to Allen, Pierce, Garnett) with Rondo dealing and wheeling with Chandler (Perk) doing the dirty work.

You got your Powe (Amare), your House (Barea), your Posey (Jefferson), your Big Baby (Charlie V).
ILC
Starter

Post#246 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:00 am

DarkAzcura wrote:

Haha, just checked the box score. That box score reminds me so much of the old Celtics. :( Obviously the player's aren't similar, but the three 20 point scorers (Ellis, Parsons, Dirk similar to Allen, Pierce, Garnett) with Rondo dealing and wheeling with Chandler (Perk) doing the dirty work.

You got your Powe (Amare), your House (Barea), your Posey (Jefferson), your Big Baby (Charlie V).

It's not just the stats, he's doing all those "little" things like before. His explosivenes is coming back, he has that fire in his eyes and he's picking them apart. He just outjumped Adams on a defensive rebound.

And he's doing an amazing job on Westbrook and hitting clutch jumpers.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#247 » by DarkAzcura » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 am

IlCapitano wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:

It's not just the stats, he's doing all those "little" things like before. His explosivenes is coming back, he has that fire in his eyes and he's picking them apart. He just outjumped Adams on a defensive rebound.

I always knew big game Rondo was still around. I'm excited to watch the Mavs in the playoffs honestly. Rondo will surprise a lot of Mavs fans I think.
stiles21
Starter
And1: 276

Post#248 » by stiles21 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 am

IlCapitano wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:

And he's doing an amazing job on Westbrook and hitting clutch jumpers.

Yeah, I've watched the second half of this game and Rondo's playing really well. He's all over the place.
"Stats are for Losers" -Bill Belichick-
ILC
Starter

Post#249 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:05 am

And now the refs are robbing them.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#250 » by Marvel » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:08 am

DarkAzcura wrote:

Posey would be Aminu.
ILC
Starter

Post#251 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:13 am

OMG McGary LOL

Grinded out win for the Mavs in the end. Huge statement win.
C-West
Bench Warmer
And1: 491

Post#252 » by C-West » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:51 am

Demarcus Cousins is acting like a jackass once again while the Kings are in a sort of close game at home against the Hawks. Watching him closely, he truly has no control over himself. Kind of scary. He's in his fifth year (Wall, Turner, Bradley draft of 2010, I think). This seems like who he is and it definitely frightens me enough to keep all of our assets close to the vest when it comes to this guy.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#253 » by 165bows » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 8m8 minutes ago

Kanter has killed it on offense and the glass for OKC, but he's completely clueless on D. Roberson helps, but just sinks the O too much.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 9m9 minutes ago

Just finished OKC-Mavs. Very clear: W/o Ibaka and KD, OKC has to play too many lineups where 3, 4, or (rarely) 5 guys are bad defenders.

Relevant for the upcoming game.
ILC
Starter

Post#254 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:13 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZo0bjNU1SQ[/youtube]
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#255 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:44 pm

One to keep your eye on over the next year plus is this Anthony Davis sitch. Right now just kinda percolating a little under the surface. But this team was supposed to get into the playoffs this year and it looks like once again they're going to be on the outside looking in with new personnel questions. If they don't make it this year they have to go all out to make it next year or Davis might actually consider bolting. Obviously a million miles away but how awesome would it be if Danny had a chance at him?
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#256 » by 165bows » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:37 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:One to keep your eye on over the next year plus is this Anthony Davis sitch. Right now just kinda percolating a little under the surface. But this team was supposed to get into the playoffs this year and it looks like once again they're going to be on the outside looking in with new personnel questions. If they don't make it this year they have to go all out to make it next year or Davis might actually consider bolting. Obviously a million miles away but how awesome would it be if Danny had a chance at him?

Was thinking for a second the other day that he might even take the QO for one year and go for unrestricted FA the year after, but I think he is in the rookie status of being able to have his new extension float up with the cap wherever it goes. Maybe Smitty can confirm that (and just, you know, crush our daydreams and stuff).
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#257 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:20 am

165bows wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:One to keep your eye on over the next year plus is this Anthony Davis sitch. Right now just kinda percolating a little under the surface. But this team was supposed to get into the playoffs this year and it looks like once again they're going to be on the outside looking in with new personnel questions. If they don't make it this year they have to go all out to make it next year or Davis might actually consider bolting. Obviously a million miles away but how awesome would it be if Danny had a chance at him?

Was thinking for a second the other day that he might even take the QO for one year and go for unrestricted FA the year after, but I think he is in the rookie status of being able to have his new extension float up with the cap wherever it goes. Maybe Smitty can confirm that (and just, you know, crush our daydreams and stuff).

For him to qualify under the Derrick Rose rule, Davis needs to either be voted as a starter to 1 more All-Star game, be named to 2 All-NBA teams (he'll probably get selected to one this year), or win MVP before his rookie deal is up. Given Davis' injury history thus far, his agents would be dumb to take the QO in order to become an unrestricted FA. I'd say that 99% of agents would tell him to sign that first big contract immediately, then worry about destination later on.
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#258 » by tfmiii » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:44 am

Spurs losing in OT tonight to the Knicks, so much for our chances of 'sneaking up' on them
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#259 » by OFWGKTA » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:07 am

MIL and CHA lost tonight, getting us within 3 in the loss column to the Bucks, and a game up on the hornets who are right behind us.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#260 » by Green89 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:02 pm

tfmiii wrote:Spurs losing in OT tonight to the Knicks, so much for our chances of 'sneaking up' on them

At least those old timers had to play an overtime session! Wear them down this week for our game.

Return to Boston Celtics