ImageImageImage

Revote: Celtics, final 12-games? (currently, 7-3)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

What will our record be over these final 12-games?

0-2 Wins
5%
3-4 Wins
No votes
5-6 Wins
31%
7-8 Wins
50%
9-10 Wins
10%
11-12 Wins
5%

Total votes: 42

Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Re: Celtics Record, over the last 12-game Push? 

Post#21 » by Afam » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:20 pm

5-6 wins is my vote. That should be enough to clinch a playoff spot in my opinion.
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#22 » by JJHondo17 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:44 pm

If we go 9-3 and Milwaukee goes 5-6 that puts us in position to claim the 6th seed. (Tied with Milwaukee but beat them head to head, albeit we have to beat them in their two remaining games)
FreeDrop
Pro Prospect
And1: 82

Post#23 » by FreeDrop » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:33 pm

I said 37-45 at the all star break -- I'm sticking with that, which means they go 6-6.
FreeDrop
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by FreeDrop » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:38 pm

I dont worry about back to backs or lots of games in a row with this team. They're young and they're deep -- not an issue for them. The problem is, some good teams still left on the schedule, most of which are fighting for playoff lives.

6-6, 37-45 -- hopefully thats good for an 8th seed.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#25 » by Green89 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:53 pm

JJHondo17 wrote:If we go 9-3 and Milwaukee goes 5-6 that puts us in position to claim the 6th seed. (Tied with Milwaukee but beat them head to head, albeit we have to beat them in their two remaining games)

Milwaukee may only get 2-3 wins to close out the year, the way they've been playing.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,940

Post#26 » by Parliament10 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:04 pm

Could the Celtics win a series in the playoffs?
By Jeff Clark @celticsblog | Mar 25, 2015

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/3/25/8287521/could-the-celtics-win-a-series-in-the-playoffs
It seems ridiculous to think about this under-.500 Celtics team as a 6th seed, even in the weak East, but there's a (very small) chance it could happen. The 6 seed is currently held down by the Bucks who are a game below .500 and just beat the 7th seeded Heat on a miracle 3 pointer last night. The Celtics face that same Heat team tonight so they could at least pick up some ground on the 7th seed....

The Bulls, Raptors, and Wizards are separated by only 3 games and any one of them could theoretically be the 3rd seed. None of them are playing particularly well right now and all seem beatable in the first round (under the right circumstances). How excited would you get about Brad Stevens drawing up plays for Isaiah Thomas and in the 4th quarter of a close game 7?

Heat-Celtics preview: Thinking beyond eighth spot?
A. Sherrod Blakely | March 25, 2015

http://origin.csnne.com/boston-celtics/heat-celtics-preview-thinking-beyond-eighth-spot
BOSTON – For the Celtics, simply getting into the playoffs as the eighth and final seed would be quite the accomplishment when you consider they have spent a sizable chunk of this season 10 or more games below .500.

Still, the way things are starting to play out, the Celtics might be wise to aim just a little bit higher.

If Boston (31-39) beats the Miami Heat tonight, the Celtics will be in a tie for seventh in the Eastern Conference with the Heat and just three games behind Milwaukee (35-36) for the sixth seed.

Let's stomp (Wade) the Heat, and go for 6th seed!
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#27 » by KGboss » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:09 pm

Have to beat Miami tonight and NY and go home to the Clippers on a 3 game roaster feeling good, could pull the upset there. Charlotte very beatable as well. if they win out this month, april is a lot easier. With IT and the gang leading the way the 6th seed is very possible.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#28 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:39 am

Ainge: Season Won’t Be A Failure If Celtics Miss Playoffs
Toucher and Rich | March 26, 2015

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/26/ainge-season-wont-be-a-failure-if-celtics-miss-playoffs/
BOSTON (CBS) — The Boston Celtics are still hanging on to the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference despite a disheartening loss to the Miami Heat on Wednesday night.

With 11 games to go, the Celtics and Pacers are tied for the final playoff spot in the East, with Boston holding the head-to-head tiebreaker. The two teams will meet for the final time on April 1 in Boston.

Not many pictured the Celtics as a postseason team at the beginning of the year, but now they control their playoff destiny over the final three weeks of the regular season. So will the campaign be a failure if the Celtics miss the playoffs? Team president Danny Ainge doesn’t think so.

WTF!!! -- Is he nuts?

I mean, I hear him. -- If the Boys put up their best effort, and just don't make it -- Then hey, we did much better than last year, with a bunch of kids who have a lot of Heart.

But SCREW THAT!!!

This Team IS GOOD ENOUGH To Make The Playoffs. -- No one disagrees with that.
These kids have made a believer out of most.

Yes, they still lack Stability, Experience, Maturity, etc, etc.
But, Not make the Playoffs???

"Danger Will Robinson! Danger!"
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#29 » by brackdan70 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:38 pm

I think the over under is 5.5. there are a lot of winnable games...but I don't think we will be favored in more than 5. Its been said, but I think we need 6 more to lock down the 8 seed. going to be close....which is great. Nice to have something to play for!!!!
Sign here
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#30 » by klemen4 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Im sure Danny would rather have a top 10 pick than a 37 win 8th seed....he said that month ago that he do not want to make playoffs on bad record.

We need one more high draft pick and Danny knows that.
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
FreeDrop
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by FreeDrop » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Parliament10 wrote:Image

Ainge: Season Won’t Be A Failure If Celtics Miss Playoffs
Toucher and Rich | March 26, 2015

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/26/ainge-season-wont-be-a-failure-if-celtics-miss-playoffs/
BOSTON (CBS) — The Boston Celtics are still hanging on to the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference despite a disheartening loss to the Miami Heat on Wednesday night.

With 11 games to go, the Celtics and Pacers are tied for the final playoff spot in the East, with Boston holding the head-to-head tiebreaker. The two teams will meet for the final time on April 1 in Boston.

Not many pictured the Celtics as a postseason team at the beginning of the year, but now they control their playoff destiny over the final three weeks of the regular season. So will the campaign be a failure if the Celtics miss the playoffs? Team president Danny Ainge doesn’t think so.

WTF!!! -- Is he nuts?

I mean, I hear him. -- If the Boys put up their best effort, and just don't make it -- Then hey, we did much better than last year, with a bunch of kids who have a lot of Heart.

But SCREW THAT!!!

This Team IS GOOD ENOUGH To Make The Playoffs. -- No one disagrees with that.
These kids have made a believer out of most.

Yes, they still lack Stability, Experience, Maturity, etc, etc.
But, Not make the Playoffs???

"Danger Will Robinson! Danger!"

i agree -- that's kind of stating the obvious Danny. No one thinks that, but I dont want them to take their foot off the gas -- and i know that Stevens won't do that.

making the playoffs would be a positive thing for this team -- there's no two ways about it.

Missing the playoffs is absolutely fine and means we get a slightly higher draft pick.

win - win.

lets just play some ball and win as many games as possible and see where the chips fall. its not a bad position to be in.

and Danny shouldnt be judging this team on overall record, he should be judging this team post jeff green trade and post Jeff Green trade this team is over .500 and a playoff team.

the difference between picking 15 and 12 or whatever is not that great -- if Danny really has his eye on someone, use a future nets pick, package it with something, and trade up and get a willie Cauley Stein or whoever you're looking at.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#32 » by Parliament10 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 3:40 am

Embrace the Celtics' playoff push
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com | March, 31, 2015

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4718660/embrace-the-celtics-playoff-push
The Boston Celtics will enter the final month on the NBA's regular-season calendar positioned to make an honest-to-goodness run at a final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. This should seemingly be an exciting time to be a Celtics fan. Eight games over the next 15 days will determine whether this scrappy young team can improbably extend its season, all while Boston jockeys with as many as six other squads battling for three spots....

These past two months of Celtics basketball have been exceptionally fun. Even the frustration displayed when Boston lets winnable games slip away only hammers home the strides made by this team. Despite the lack of progress at the start of the year, all the roster turnovers (11 trades, 22 game-day players, 40 total roster players) and injuries, Boston has still found a way -- thanks, no doubt, to a terrible East -- to claw its way into a playoff push.

Now you've got Isaiah Thomas scoreboard watching harder than most NBA junkies and Jae Crowder posting daily snapshots to Instagram about Boston's postseason push (or apologizing for a bad loss on Twitter).

2-2, and we're still kickin'. We should be 3-1, but I'll take 5 of the next 8. That aught to put us in; maybe 7th seed.
The more, the merrier. 38-44 or better. We only won 25 games last year. This is icing on the cake!
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#33 » by ParticleMan » Wed Apr 1, 2015 7:26 am

klemen4 wrote:Im sure Danny would rather have a top 10 pick than a 37 win 8th seed....he said that month ago that he do not want to make playoffs on bad record.

We need one more high draft pick and Danny knows that.

i don't think that's what danny would prefer at all. what danny said was that he did not want to make the playoffs with the team playing poorly. we have been playing pretty well, over .500 since the rondo/green departures.

we have lots of draft picks, and we've outsourced our tanking to brooklyn and maybe dallas. we don't have to be bad to get good picks. danny knows that.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Revote: Celtics, final 12-games? (currently, 7-3) 

Post#34 » by Parliament10 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:16 am

Parliament10 wrote:In the Celtics Final 12-game Push. As Isaiah Thomas, looks to be coming back.
We play most of our Direct Competitors, starting with Miami (on March 25th, 2015).
We also play the Hornets, the Pacers, the Bucks twice. And even get a good look at Cleveland, and the Toronto Raptors.

Personally, I think we go at least 7. Finishing 38-44, or better. We may yet snag that 6th seed.
We'll give whoever we play in the Playoffs, a good run.

Well, as predictions go, I've been spot-on so far. We have won 7; and are at 38 wins, with 2 games left.

Go figure.

Edit: The 6th seed is wrapped up by Milwaukee, after their latest win.
Celtics, are still looking good for 7th, going against Cleveland.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#35 » by humblebum » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:29 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:In the Celtics Final 12-game Push. As Isaiah Thomas, looks to be coming back.
We play most of our Direct Competitors, starting with Miami (on March 25th, 2015).
We also play the Hornets, the Pacers, the Bucks twice. And even get a good look at Cleveland, and the Toronto Raptors.

Personally, I think we go at least 7. Finishing 38-44, or better. We may yet snag that 6th seed.

Well, as predictions go, I've been spot-on so far. We have won 7; and are at 38 wins, with 2 games left.
If we win, the next game, and the Bucks lose there's -- then we have the Bucks, the last game of the Regular Season.

Basically, if we win both, and they lose both -- We'll be the 6th seed. (We win the tie-breaker.) And, we have a good chance of beating either Toronto, or Chicago. Thereby advancing to the 2nd round.

Go figure.

Thought Bucks owned the tie breaker and have the 6th seed locked up?
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#36 » by Parliament10 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:35 am

humblebum wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:

If we win, the next game, and the Bucks lose there's -- then we have the Bucks, the last game of the Regular Season.

Basically, if we win both, and they lose both -- We'll be the 6th seed. (We win the tie-breaker.) And, we have a good chance of beating either Toronto, or Chicago. Thereby advancing to the 2nd round.

Go figure.

Yeah, you're right.

Celtics, are still looking good for 7th seed, and going against Cleveland.

PS: Who are the 3 people that voted 9-10 wins? -- Y'all might make that!
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,310

Post#37 » by Froob » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
humblebum wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Well, as predictions go, I've been spot-on so far. We have won 7; and are at 38 wins, with 2 games left.

Go figure.

Yeah, you're right.

Celtics, are still looking good for 7th seed, and going against Cleveland.

PS: Who are the 3 people that voted 9-10 wins? -- Y'all might make that!

I voted 9-10, surprised I had that much confidence at the time.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to Boston Celtics