ImageImageImage

OT- I hope the Thunder win the title this year

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

OT- I hope the Thunder win the title this year 

Post#1 » by return2glory » Fri May 13, 2016 4:05 am

I love what the Thunder are doing in the playoffs. I really like that the way they play, especially the way they use their bigs.

I'm not a fan of small ball and in a copycat league, I hope they beat the Warriors and their 3 point happy style of play.

OKC has a very nice combination of outside shooting, driving to the basket and scoring inside. They really use Adams and Kantar well. This is becoming a league where the big men is going away and it's cool to big OKC go big. Adams and Kantar are providing OKC with inside scoring, rebounding, setting picks, and our things that we are used to with the true bigs.

Nothing against Golden State. Their style is amazing to watch but they have the two best shooters in the league in Klay and Curry. No team will come close to their shooting.

While everyone is trying to be like the Warriors, the Thunder are playing their own style. I hope that style takes them all the way to a title.
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Re: OT- I hope the Thunder win the title this year 

Post#2 » by AKFO » Fri May 13, 2016 4:09 am

I sure don't but I'm still holding on to the sliver of hope that Durant signs with us within the next two offseasons.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#3 » by FakeScreenName123 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:55 am

return2glory wrote:and in a copycat league

everyone had to have a Center and play Inside-Outside basketball for decades...

everyone wants a big three....

everyone had to have an offense that revolved around the post....

everyone was trying to find the next jordan, bird, magic....

everyone thought the 3 point shot was a novelty....

everyone copied that new thing called the 'fast break'....
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#4 » by FakeScreenName123 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:58 am

I hope they don't win the title because that franchise stole another cities franchise. It matters

I will root for Russ/KD.

Especially Russ winning a title would be delicious. Oh man. That'd be so fun for many different reasons.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#5 » by Froob » Fri May 13, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm rooting for GS to shutup the Jordan stans so Dubs can take the GOAT team title.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#6 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri May 13, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm rooting for the best team to win it all. Celtics in 5.

The advantage OKC enjoyed with their length/size/speed/athleticism/youth vs. Spurs won't be there vs. Warriors if Dubs are fully healthy. Warriors can play any style and no one has had an answer yet to their Lineup of Death. Kanter will be unplayable once they trot that out. My guess is OKC would adjust to Warriors more than the other way around. Spurs also didn't have enough people who could make shots once LMA lost his touch (Manu and Tim are no longer threats on offense). What I didn't expect was for their bench to have little impact on the series. Also, what happened to their beautiful ball movement? Warriors still win WCF but I don't expect it to be easy.

Cavs are going to give the Warriors more trouble than any team they've faced. It certainly won't be the same as last year when Love and Irving were down. Their shooting has been insane.
â–‘Nâ–‘0â–‘0â–‘Dâ–‘Sâ–‘ â–‘Iâ–‘Nâ–‘ â–‘Bâ–‘Iâ–‘Oâ–‘
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#7 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri May 13, 2016 12:22 pm

I want anybody but the cavs to win. I'd like to see the Thunder win but there is about a 0% chance of that happening. Even if they get past the warriors Lebron absolutely owns the Thunder and would beat them in 5 games tops.
*Insert witty signature here.*
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#8 » by radcot » Fri May 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Only two things I care about when it comes to the NBA championship: the Celtics winning and the Lakers not.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#9 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri May 13, 2016 12:32 pm

radcot wrote:Only two things I care about when it comes to the NBA championship: the Celtics winning and the Lakers not.

Hey, you're 1 out of 2 this season! Not bad.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#10 » by 2Mas » Fri May 13, 2016 1:45 pm

I kinda want GSW to win it all. & usually i'm always an underdog kinda guy. But just the turnaround for the franchise in the last 5 years in incredible.

Either way I want GSW or OKC to clean up Cleveland. Think GSW does easily. Not so sure on the Thunder doing that. I bet on OKC winning it all in the beginning of the year (small bet), so I do have faith in it. Either way i dn't think Durant goes anywhere though.

Yeah it sucks, but good for him staying through the playoffs struggles, working through his relationship with Russ, injuries. That's a real man.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#11 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri May 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Here are my pros and cons for the remainder of the teams with respect to winning a title:

GSW:
Pros: I like Curry and Thompson. I like Green when he's not playing the Celtics.
Cons: I don't like Joe Lacob.

OKC:
Pros:I like KD and Westbrook
Cons: I want KD to leave OKC and come to Boston. I dislike Dion Waiters very much, although lately, my hatred has turned into sympathy due to the passing of his brother.

MIA:
Pros: .....none really.
Cons: All of it. Screw that team. Even their assistant coaches bug me.

TOR
Pros: I live in Canada, so the country would be happy. I like Kyle Lowry a lot too.
Cons. I live in Canada, and I'm sick and tired of the "We the North!" marketing campaign. Wouldn't hear the end of it. Plus, everyone around my way would pretend to be Raptors fans, even though they were all Heat, Lakers or Warriors fans at some point in their lives.

CLE:
Pros: I feel bad for the city of Cleveland. They've been through too much.
Cons: F*** Lebron.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#12 » by truth18 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:13 pm

I don't think this postseason affects our chances and KD and I never have.

I also hope they win it all. But GS is fine though. Honestly I wouldn't even mind if Cleveland won.

Very excited for the WCF.
YOU LOSE
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#13 » by 15th overall » Fri May 13, 2016 4:07 pm

The farther we get away from Stern and Clay Bennett stealing the Sonics under the cover of darkness, the worse it looks+feels IMO. Seattle's banging out friggin MLS games while the NBA fights tooth and nail to keep the "Pels" in a TERRIBLE pro sports market like NOLA and a podunk town in Sacramento that's most widely known for getting intentionally screwed by the league like 15 years ago (different league, but I put the NHL's obsession with keeping the Coyotes in Arizona in that same "Why bother?" category).

Clay Bennett is so cheap that he found a way to have their 1st round pick play in Oklahoma City under the tutelage of Thunder employees without having to actually pay him ANYTHING (I realize he is now signed by the Thunder--- I still find it a pretty gross practice to slut up your 1st round pick to the most desperate of prospects/agents like that). I hates him.

Froob wrote:I'm rooting for GS to shutup the Jordan stans so Dubs can take the GOAT team title.

86 Celtics. Forever.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#14 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri May 13, 2016 4:14 pm

I basically want destruction and GSW winning could send the most possible teams into drama. LBJ clashing with Love and Kyrie, Durant getting pissed in OKC, and 73 win team going back to back and looking indestructible. Lacob's the only issue with the Warriors for me. Their players and Kerr are all likable.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#15 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri May 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Banks2Pierce wrote:I basically want destruction and GSW winning could send the most possible teams into drama. LBJ clashing with Love and Kyrie, Durant getting pissed in OKC, and 73 win team going back to back and looking indestructible. Lacob's the only issue with the Warriors for me. Their players and Kerr are all likable.

I realize the NBA is not WWE (OR IS IT?!) but the bolded part is important to me. I liked that the Pistons, Spurs, Mavs, Warriors won titles. The Heat, Lakers, and the Cavs (if they win), not so much.

Spoiler:
I didn't like the Bulls growing up too.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#16 » by tlee324 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:26 pm

I love the way the Warriors play and if my team can't win it, I'd rather see them repeat.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#17 » by Slartibartfast » Fri May 13, 2016 5:02 pm

It will be fun to see GSW get a real challenge in the West finally. They have a much better supporting cast than the Thunder, but OKC actually has them beat at the top tier, which no other team can boast.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#18 » by djFan71 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:27 pm

15th overall wrote:The farther we get away from Stern and Clay Bennett stealing the Sonics under the cover of darkness, the worse it looks+feels IMO. Seattle's banging out friggin MLS games while the NBA fights tooth and nail to keep the "Pels" in a TERRIBLE pro sports market like NOLA and a podunk town in Sacramento that's most widely known for getting intentionally screwed by the league like 15 years ago (different league, but I put the NHL's obsession with keeping the Coyotes in Arizona in that same "Why bother?" category).

Clay Bennett is so cheap that he found a way to have their 1st round pick play in Oklahoma City under the tutelage of Thunder employees without having to pay actually pay him ANYTHING (I realize he is now signed by the Thunder--- I still find it a pretty gross practice to slut up your 1st round pick to the most desperate of prospects/agents like that). I hates him.

Froob wrote:I'm rooting for GS to shutup the Jordan stans so Dubs can take the GOAT team title.

86 Celtics. Forever.

Preach!
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#19 » by Green89 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:18 am

If Toronto can finish off Miami tonight, my order of preference in winning it all:

Raptors
Thunder
Warriors
Cavs

If Miami advances, drop them to the bottom of this list. I'd rather see Lebron win than DickWade.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#20 » by sully00 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:59 pm

FakeScreenName123 wrote:I hope they don't win the title because that franchise stole another cities franchise. It matters

I will root for Russ/KD.

Especially Russ winning a title would be delicious. Oh man. That'd be so fun for many different reasons.

I tried to convince myself to root against them because the hope of KD wanting to bolt or them wanting to move Westbrook. But I couldn't they play hard and even though it is ugly at times they are really clutch.

Return to Boston Celtics