ImageImageImage

Official Summer League Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

smith2373
General Manager
And1: 1,723

Re: Official Summer League Thread 

Post#21 » by smith2373 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:28 am

BannersOnly wrote:Where is the vegas site? Is at the new t-mobile arena? I just came back from Vegas and was at the Wwe money in the bank at t-mobile arena and that site is perfect. 1 minute walk from the strip and not a bad fn seat in the house. I would love to watch a summer league game there.

I believe they usually have them at UNLV's basketball arena. Thomas & Mack?
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#22 » by bigdavid » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Are these game on TV?
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#23 » by GregB » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:07 pm

BannersOnly wrote:Where is the vegas site? Is at the new t-mobile arena? I just came back from Vegas and was at the Wwe money in the bank at t-mobile arena and that site is perfect. 1 minute walk from the strip and not a bad fn seat in the house. I would love to watch a summer league game there.

Traditionally it's held at the Mack Center. Pretty sure it's where UNLV plays.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,973

Post#24 » by sam_I_am » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:24 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Young is still 20. I see no harm in playing a 3rd year. What I do see harm in is if he plays and he sucks. Then he is probably left for dead. Last year he had some good games but was injured for the majority of it. I think same went for his rookie season. He needs to show something right away..hopefully he's put on some weight also. I really want this kid to succeed but even I am starting to doubt he has much of a chance.

I feel draft and stash approach combined with ET free agency has bought Young one more year
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,561

Post#25 » by lon3lytoaster » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if Yabusele and Zizic don't at least play in summer league. Colton Iverson got to and we know he'd be stashed, never to play for the Celtics.

I'm not sure where we're going to find all the jersey numbers but I'd still Ike to see those guys out there.

Rozier/Hunter/Brown/Mickey/Zizic is the goat summer league lineup
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,109

Post#26 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:03 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Young is still 20. I see no harm in playing a 3rd year. What I do see harm in is if he plays and he sucks. Then he is probably left for dead. Last year he had some good games but was injured for the majority of it. I think same went for his rookie season. He needs to show something right away..hopefully he's put on some weight also. I really want this kid to succeed but even I am starting to doubt he has much of a chance.

I feel draft and stash approach combined with ET free agency has bought Young one more year

Hard to say as of now. If he gets significantly outplayed by Jackson and maybe even the other kid that we drafted or D-league guys like Holland and Marcus Thornton then it might be it for him even with Turner leaving. He was brought in to play basketball and he has been buried on the bench for two years. At some point this kid has to get a fire under his ass to go out and prove people he can play basketball.
♣ A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal ♣ THANK YOU TRUTH! ♣
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Post#27 » by Gant » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Summer League game 1 on July 4th should be a fantastic opening match up.

Potential lineups: Mickey vs. Simmons in a battle of LSUers. Okafor (will he play?) or Noel (will he?) or Embiid (will he?) vs. the mighty duo of Zizic and Yabs. Saric and Luwawu vs. Brown. Korkmaz vs Hunter. Rozier vs. Somebody Unknown.

Then the Celtics bench will also have a bunch of draftees instead of little known free agents. Young, Jackson, Bentil, Nader, whoever doesn't start between Zizic and Yabusele, and maybe Thornton.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#28 » by GuyClinch » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:53 pm

Yeah SL is going to be great this year..I think..
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#29 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:50 pm

bigdavid wrote:Are these game on TV?

Yes, usually on NBATV and CSNNE. Both channels will replay them a lot, too.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,993

Post#30 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:57 pm

GreenBloodedC wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:
KumaJG wrote:Why Marcus Thornton on the team...

He's the one we drafted last year. Not the older Thornton.

It would be pretty funny if we have the Old Thornton playing

If it was good enough for Bogans last summer... (I'm not sure how to finish this sentence, actually)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,993

Post#31 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:59 pm

sam_I_am wrote:

I'd all but guarantee that James Young comes into training camp with a woolly beard this fall. Coming into last year he tried the "talking tough" thing, now it's down to the last-straw "looking tough" thing. Here's hoping..
Paul Pierce appreciation society.

Return to Boston Celtics