ImageImageImage

Rozier Highlights

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,966

Re: Rozier Highlights 

Post#21 » by darrendaye » Wed Jul 6, 2016 11:21 am

cloverleaf wrote:
darrendaye wrote:He's going to be vying for Bradley's job.

No, he's going to be a very good both pure and scoring PG. That's not AB.

Agree, different player offensively. But Rozier is going to be pressuring the ball defensively (still needs work here). Smart's greatest skill is ability to compete defensively 1-4. Both Rozier and Smart need to reach mid-30% from 3. Going to be a beautiful thing to see the drive and kick game become more prominent.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,833

Post#22 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jul 6, 2016 11:24 am

I think Rozier's play is going to make Smart expendable.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,966

Post#23 » by darrendaye » Wed Jul 6, 2016 11:28 am

Celts17Pride wrote:I think Rozier's play is going to make Smart expendable.

I don't see it. Smart is the only guard on the team who you do not need to help/hedge when he is forced to defend the big switching pick and roll.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
BannerStatus
Junior
And1: 218

Post#24 » by BannerStatus » Wed Jul 6, 2016 11:30 am

I absolutely HATED the pick when it was made and had pretty low expectations for him. I gotta admit, the minutes he played late in the season last year and what I'm seeing now have me mildly optimistic on him. Has a nose for rebounding as a PG which I love and he can really maneuver in the lane. Add Demetrius to the guard mix and around & around the guard carousel goes. Something's gotta give.
"I break bread, ribs, hundred dollar bills / peel on Ducati's and other four wheels" RIP Prodigy.
DakoBarr
Junior
And1: 151

Post#25 » by DakoBarr » Wed Jul 6, 2016 11:39 am

Yeah I think we need to consolidate into something. Love is my choice, though those are complicated circumstances, certainly. Maybe Cleveland will make a deal with the devil, and one of us will come out of the East and challenge the Warriors. I would like to trade mostly some of our quality players (guards) right now, and I think that's something they may be interested in with their super top heavy roster.
"That part of the game, that 15-18 foot shot, has virtually disappeared. But this guy, DeRozan, has made it a career." - Tommy Heinsohn
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#26 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jul 6, 2016 11:40 am

darrendaye wrote:

I don't see it. Smart is the only guard on the team who you do not need to help/hedge when he is forced to defend the big switching pick and roll.

Has to be the right trade. Smart as part of a package for Butler. IT and Rozier as PG, Butler SG, Bradley 6th man.

Celtics are not just going to give Smart away.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,068

Post#27 » by Ed Pinkney » Wed Jul 6, 2016 11:54 am

darrendaye wrote:

I do agree with this but are his offensive limitations offset enough by his defensive work? That is going to be the question moving forward if Rozier does continue to develop.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#28 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jul 6, 2016 12:15 pm

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:Oh man, could have been Portis, or Grant Image

High motor guy, maybe he will learn how to shoot before he gets traded

Rozier already showed he can shoot... I dunno what you're talking about?
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Post#29 » by Crossy2008 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 12:32 pm

I really like Rozier, but I don't see him become a great facilitator. He is more of a scorer and a two guard.
Smog
Senior
And1: 801

Post#30 » by Smog » Wed Jul 6, 2016 12:34 pm

The best-case scenario when he was drafted was something like Eric Bledsoe. He's not as strong as Bledsoe, but it looks like his penetrating game is getting there and so is his shooting. The most encouraging thing is that it looks like he's a worker, i.e. not James Young.
gdagod10
Sophomore
And1: 154

Post#31 » by gdagod10 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 12:53 pm

Dude has serious hops and only had one turnover. He seems completely in control and looks like the best player on the floor the past two games.

Ainge is good at drafting scrappy point guards and I think he's done it again. People question whether he'll be a one or a two but I think he'll be interchangeable. He's showed moderate playmaking ability which is what we're gonna need with no ET.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#32 » by Banks2Pierce » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:19 pm

Ed Pinkney wrote:
I do agree with this but are his offensive limitations offset enough by his defensive work? That is going to be the question moving forward if Rozier does continue to develop.

If he just shoots it like he did his rookie year from downtown and combines that with the rest of his game from last year, he's in good shape and an above average starter. Horford's shooting also gives us a little more leeway as far as shooting from other positions.
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#33 » by radcot » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:28 pm

Rozier (and Mickey btw) really started opening eyes at the 2015 Chicago Draft Combine 5 on 5 competition. I was hoping we'd draft him with one of our later picks, but now I'm very happy that Ainge "reached" for him at 16. The kid just keeps showing more and more. His point guard play so far in SL has been better than some people are giving him credit for. True, he's made a few bad passes, but he's also shown impressive composure and floor generalship. He's athletic, can shoot, drive, rebound like a fiend, play good D, and step up in pressure situations. What's not to like?
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#34 » by GregB » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:31 pm

Rosier sure looks ready to take over the 4th guard spot. He's a hard worker.Very Impressed.
CollegeToPros
Celtics Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 455

Post#35 » by CollegeToPros » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:38 pm

This is the reason I liked the pick. He was a swing for the fences athlete and I see Brown the same way but Brown is on another level athlete.

Rozier showed well in the playoffs in limited time. Love how his shot has developed so quickly. His finishing ability is also MUCH improved. A lot less floaters in the lane and more hard drives to the rim.

Eric Bledsoe is a good comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Celtics Fan. Trust Danny Ainge.

Banner 18 pursuit.

2017 Celtics Forum Mock Draft Champ!
famadihana
Junior
And1: 78

Post#36 » by famadihana » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:41 pm

Love watching Rozier rebound. I'm encouraged by his development.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#37 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:44 pm

Bryan Colangelo was in the stands watching the Sixers/Celtics game, and was shown talking to some of his staff. Probably saying "Hey, who the heck is that kid wearing #12 on the Celtics? I like him."
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#38 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:52 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Bryan Colangelo was in the stands watching the Sixers/Celtics game, and was shown talking to some of his staff. Probably saying "Hey, who the heck is that kid wearing #12 on the Celtics? I like him."

That would be a shame because I think Rozier is going to have a better career than Smart. I have stated this many times.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#39 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:56 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Bryan Colangelo was in the stands watching the Sixers/Celtics game, and was shown talking to some of his staff. Probably saying "Hey, who the heck is that kid wearing #12 on the Celtics? I like him."

That would be a shame because I think Rozier is going to have a better career than Smart. I have stated this many times.

I agree with this. While he may not have the ability to guard SFs in stints like Marcus can, I think Rozier may be superior to him in every other aspect. Better handles, nicer looking shot, ability to shoot off the dribble, better penetrator, quickness. I have no qualms in seeing Smart go to Philly for Noel.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#40 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Jul 6, 2016 9:17 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg-CIN0jmBs[/youtube]
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Return to Boston Celtics