ImageImageImage

The Celtics Tradition of the Boston BringBack - Give me the names: Green, Fox, Green, Mills, Shavlik?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

The Celtics Tradition of the Boston BringBack - Give me the names: Green, Fox, Green, Mills, Shavlik? 

Post#1 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:46 am

I am sure there is a list of Celtics who have been part of the franchise on more than one occasion.

The learned here can show what they have learned over the years and name names. Give me the names. Players who have been here twice. They don't have to have played, but they were here and then not and then were here.

Gerald Green

Jeff Green

Antoine Walker

Eric Williams

Kris Joseph

Gary Payton

Shavlik Randolph

M.L. Carr

Charlie Scott

Rick Fox

Chris Mills

MarShon Brooks

Dana Barros

Marquis Daniels

Tony Massenburg

Mark Blount

Marty Conlon

Ryan Gomes

Mikki Moore

Probably some more, especially back in the day. Post their names. Some 10-day people probably make the list. Some of the above played twice during their runs for the Celtics, some were signed or drafted and went away and came back to play, others were acquired and sent away and later acquired but didn't play.

So Gerald Green, with his two distinct Celtics eras, isn't very rare. Although the time between his two times could be much logner than most.
DavorFanCroatia
Senior
And1: 691

Re: The Celtics Tradition of the Boston BringBack - Give me the names: Green, Fox, Green, Mills, Shavlik? 

Post#2 » by DavorFanCroatia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:16 am

Don Chaney
There's only one statistics that's important: who won...Bill Russell
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Re: The Celtics Tradition of the Boston BringBack - Give me the names: Green, Fox, Green, Mills, Shavlik? 

Post#3 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:43 am

Does Nate Robinson count? We got him from the Nuggets in the famous Jameer Nelson trade January 2015 but he was immediately bought out.

Chris Babb?

Coming soon: Paul Pierce
â–‘Nâ–‘0â–‘0â–‘Dâ–‘Sâ–‘ â–‘Iâ–‘Nâ–‘ â–‘Bâ–‘Iâ–‘Oâ–‘
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#4 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:55 am

Bring back Barbosa
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BigCelticket
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#6 » by BigCelticket » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Leon Powe should count. Once as a player, once as an employee.
Same goes for Walter McCarty.
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#7 » by radcot » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Danny Ainge and Tom Heinsohn!!!
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#8 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Slow Joe Klein!
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#9 » by Slartibartfast » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Does it count if we drafted them and traded them immediately?

Marshon Brooks and Dahntay Jones say hello.

Doesn't count but I do find it hilarious how many times the pick that became Rondo got traded (for/away) by the Celtics and/or with Celtic-related pieces. We originally got it from the Lakers along with Rick Fox in the GP trade and then traded it away along with GP in the 2nd Toine trade. Then Atlanta traded it to Phoenix for old friend Joe Johnson. Then of course we traded for it with the Cleveland pick we got for Jiri Welsch.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#10 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:16 am

D Jones is a good catch, the more obscure the better. Nate is good, all were good except maybe Joe Kleine.

Babb might have his own category, was he Celtics, Maine, Celtics, Maine as that would be out of the Celtics which fits here but sort of under the Celtics umbrella of operations?

Don Chaney was the best one, the bridge between Russell and Bird, and Gerald Green is the bridge between Raef, Pierce, Al Jefferson and Olynyk, J Brown, Al Horford.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,154

Post#11 » by chakdaddy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:34 am

Charlie Scott was drafted by us and later played here.
C-West
Bench Warmer
And1: 491

Post#12 » by C-West » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:54 am

Antoine!!
C-West
Bench Warmer
And1: 491

Post#13 » by C-West » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:56 am

I am guessing (and only because I just ran into him at my kid's basketball camp at Pauley Pavilion) . . . Tyus Edney!!

Return to Boston Celtics