ImageImageImage

New Rumors and News Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Re: New Rumors and News Thread 

Post#861 » by Edug27 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:06 pm

sully00 wrote:
FakeScreenName123 wrote:
sully00 wrote: If the Warriors win 63 games and get beat in the Conference Finals Durant's brand is crushed. Durant is just in an impossible situation that can only end well with a Larry O'Brien trophy.

are you saying Durant is cool/a great competitor by pointing this out? I'm confused. I don't understand if yer complimenting him or crushin him by saying this.

Not really one or the other I am just stating the fact that if the Warriors take a step back this season Durant will take the heat. If the Warriors win the title it is what is expected. It will be a huge personal accomplishment but nobody is going to care.

Disagree completely. People love winners. If GS wins a title this year and KD is a big part of that, then all will be forgotten ... and KD and Nike will be in overdrive with the campaigns. Especially if they can repeat.

Though I do agree, If GS fails to win a title this season, KD is in for a looong summer.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#862 » by ddb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:14 pm

It's not going to happen, but I hope it all goes south for the warriors. The Durant thing really pissed me off. Not because he didn't choose Boston, but because he picked the Warriors. What a major wart for Durant. Regardless of win or lose he will never be viewed the same. Only way is if he leaves after 1 season for Boston or wherever else and admits to the mistake.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,132

Post#863 » by Froob » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:15 pm

ddb wrote:It's not going to happen, but I hope it all goes south for the warriors. The Durant thing really pissed me off. Not because he didn't choose Boston, but because he picked the Warriors. What a major wart for Durant. Regardless of win or lose he will never be viewed the same. Only way is if he leaves after 1 season for Boston or wherever else and admits to the mistake.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

Ainge passed on KD for Zeller. He was all set to sign here apparently.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#864 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:18 pm

yeah that was a real legacy burner move. It's his life n no one else's so he's certainly entitle to his own life, but from a fan perspective and even an opposing player's perspective it'll always seem super spineless and week. Its akin to exactly what a bandwagon fan is hated for. One year everyone's a Celtics fan in CT between 2008-2011. The bars are filled with all these C's fan's I've never met in my life and I'm thinking, where the hell were you guys earlier in my life when we were struggling? You can spot the real ones from the fake ones as soon as you start naming names in the 90's and early 2000's like John Bagley, Dino Raja. If they can't spout off names, then their crap fans, unless they were too young to know. For that, they'll get a pass. Coincidently, 2013 had a lot less C's jerseys floating around and that's when Miami jersey's started popping up. Durant just had winners envy I guess. (Shrugs Shoulders)
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,800

Post#865 » by Parliament10 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:40 am

Read on Twitter

OK. -- And we're playing the Bulls twice in the next week.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#866 » by Disinformation » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:12 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh no! We're doomed!
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,132

Post#867 » by Froob » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:47 am

dei1c3 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh no! We're doomed!

Hope he tries to get some revenge on us.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to Boston Celtics