ImageImageImage

Terry Rozier is a Blood !

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Re: Terry Rozier is a Blood ! 

Post#61 » by OFWGKTA » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:54 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:Rozier does this, it's a problem. Ryan Lochte goes crazy in Brazil at 31, and he's a kid having fun.

Yep. Wonder what the difference is?

I don't think a single person has that opinion?

Umm. Yes, many do. It is the old he was blowing off steam. People hate the fact he lied, not that he urinated outside and broke down a door drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

The closest I've seen to "positive" on the Lochte thing is that he's such a goddamn moron that it's funny.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#62 » by truth18 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:00 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:
truth18 wrote:It's unfortunately becoming a very slippery slope, where over bearing extremely left parties will find racial issues where there are none, but also in which far right, racist scum then use that small group as an excuse to distract from real issues ("All lives matter" comes to mind).

I'm not sure who started "All Lives Matter", it's so simple, yet an incredibly clever device for manipulation. The racist core of it is hidden under the surface, creating a message racists and nonracists alike can get behind. Racists because it dismisses BLM and puts a spotlight on the extremist minority of the movement, nonracists because they just think "yeah all lives do matter" without realizing it marginalizes the BLM movement. BLM versus ALM is a perfect example of the slippery slope and how things can snowball. Now you got even nonracists believing BLM is about black supremacy.

I don't think its that clever actually. Here is my take on that discourse:

I support Black Lives Matter 100%. They are a positive social group trying to raise awareness of important issues (police/state violence against people of color most importantly, among other social issues). BLM is good for the people of the United States.

That said, I believe they made a "mistake" when naming the movement, this may stem from the fact that it originated as a social media response from the Trayvon Martin murder. I'm not sure the women who started it realized how quickly it would grow into an actual movement, though I am very thankful that their actions led to that. They did nothing wrong (and did a lot right) in starting the movement in this way, however I feel that it could have been stronger and less prone to being "countered" through platitudes.

What if they had named the movement "the New/Neo Civil Rights Movement"? What would people say then? Nothing, because there is no snappy comeback.

I saw the "all lives matter" stuff coming from a mile away as a writer. It was simply too easy a phrase to take advantage of. It's strange how something like a simple name can influence the dynamics so heavily, but that's how language works.

So I don't think its clever at all, I just think it's the usual hateful idiots taking advantage of a somewhat poorly named, fully positive social movement. It's just unfortunate how the name of he movement played out imo, but regardless of all of this, BLM is a great organization that should not be criticized in the ignorant way they have been.
YOU LOSE
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#63 » by 15th overall » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:12 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:Inferring race as a driving factor behind situations where in reality it's not at all actually involved is completely counterintuitive to achieving equality. It benefits absolutely no one of any race, just creates even more tension and animosity between all parties. I really hope the people that infer race on every single little thing start to realize this, and see that it just puts more attention on the bull, while at the same time relegating serious issues and situations that deserve to be addressed to the backburner.

I was being somewhat unserious and trolling. But, if that was KO how would we be reacting?

Probably calling for him to issue a public apology and undergo sensitivity training for making light of gangs and perceived "racial overtones" or something like that. Little room for common sense in these kinds of discussions anymore.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
BannerStatus
Junior
And1: 218

Post#64 » by BannerStatus » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Not the most worrisome thing in the world this Rozier stuff but I'd be lying if I said I didn't raise an eyebrow at it. This type of garbage makes me love Jaylen even more. Plenty of this type of idiocy in the various leagues and it never leads to anything but also it's this exact type of profile that ends up Pac Man Jones / Aaron Hernandez / Steven Jackson type drama... I dunno. Hope he balls out this year and chills.
"I break bread, ribs, hundred dollar bills / peel on Ducati's and other four wheels" RIP Prodigy.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#65 » by ZeroTolerance » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:51 pm

truth18 wrote:
Walker88Boston wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:Rozier does this, it's a problem. Ryan Lochte goes crazy in Brazil at 31, and he's a kid having fun.

Are you serious? I could care less that terry rozier drinks and goes to strip clubs, he's actively repping being a gang member...It could be nothing just friends from his past I'm just concerned to see someone potentially throw away their chance for a payday and nba success. But the racist aspect your accusing me of is **** nonsense so stfu

I mean everyone also hates Ryan Lochte so I have no **** idea what JFS is even talking about.

That whole Lochte deal is as bizarre as they come....

It's like because I'm an Olympic star, I can go do anything....They should pull their medals! (the whole lot of them) and ban them from competing for an Olympic medal again in the future.

I know... Many a rock band has destroyed motel rooms and such in the past... But this deal just seems so much a part of the "me generation".

Like "Look what I can do (and get away with it)"!

And social media was right there to eat it all up!

:crazy:
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Post#66 » by Crossy2008 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:05 pm

truth18 wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:
truth18 wrote:It's unfortunately becoming a very slippery slope, where over bearing extremely left parties will find racial issues where there are none, but also in which far right, racist scum then use that small group as an excuse to distract from real issues ("All lives matter" comes to mind).

I'm not sure who started "All Lives Matter", it's so simple, yet an incredibly clever device for manipulation. The racist core of it is hidden under the surface, creating a message racists and nonracists alike can get behind. Racists because it dismisses BLM and puts a spotlight on the extremist minority of the movement, nonracists because they just think "yeah all lives do matter" without realizing it marginalizes the BLM movement. BLM versus ALM is a perfect example of the slippery slope and how things can snowball. Now you got even nonracists believing BLM is about black supremacy.

I support Black Lives Matter 100%. They are a positive social group trying to raise awareness of important issues (police/state violence against people of color most importantly, among other social issues). BLM is good for the people of the United States.

That said, I believe they made a "mistake" when naming the movement, this may stem from the fact that it originated as a social media response from the Trayvon Martin murder. I'm not sure the women who started it realized how quickly it would grow into an actual movement, though I am very thankful that their actions led to that. They did nothing wrong (and did a lot right) in starting the movement in this way, however I feel that it could have been stronger and less prone to being "countered" through platitudes.

What if they had named the movement "the New/Neo Civil Rights Movement"? What would people say then? Nothing, because there is no snappy comeback.

I saw the "all lives matter" stuff coming from a mile away as a writer. It was simply too easy a phrase to take advantage of. It's strange how something like a simple name can influence the dynamics so heavily, but that's how language works.

So I don't think its clever at all, I just think it's the usual hateful idiots taking advantage of a somewhat poorly named, fully positive social movement. It's just unfortunate how the name of he movement played out imo, but regardless of all of this, BLM is a great organization that should not be criticized in the ignorant way they have been.

I don't think I am spouting out anything new, but I want to say it anyway.

Black lives matter was obviously a response to the feeling that black lives didn't matter because Police were killing young black men with very little or no cause for death and no action was taken to say that the police were wrong. Add in that there really hasn't ever been a time in American history where a vast majority of black people would agree, across the nation, that people are treated remotely similar by law officers regardless of race. The question is always: 'How many have to die, or have their rights taken from them before Police forces even admit that they might have a problem?' or simply: 'Does anyone care that this type of stuff is happening?'.

All lives matter does not have the same origin. The police are not randomly killing people in rich neighborhoods. They are not going out into backwoods country and mowing down a couple a couple of hicks for little or no reason.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#67 » by OFWGKTA » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:11 pm

truth18 wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:

I think it's clever in that how effective it has been in fooling the masses and capitalizing on the general naivety of so many. If everyone saw it how you did/do, it wouldn't have a fraction of support it currently does. In a vacuum it's not really clever, but sometimes the most obvious move is the most effective. Granted, I'm also completely clueless as to who actually started ALM.

As far as the naming goes, it's sort of a double edged sword. On one hand "Black Lives Matter" opens itself up to counters such as WLM. On the other, a name like you suggested wouldn't have taken off anywhere close to as rapidly as BLM has in this era of social media. Nor do I think it'd have gotten the same attention in the media from the beginning. I actually like the name because it put one of the most serious issues related to the general movement directly in the spotlight. It sends more of a message of "this is a **** problem" than I think a more um tame I guess name would have, granted I understood the message from the start. Plus if the neo was used at all I think countless people would automatically relate it to neo nazis, since that's likely the only instance they've even heard that term used, other than in the Matrix. Maybe an acronym that created a buzzword, but outlaid a more clear message in the words that made it up would have been best.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#68 » by jfs1000d » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:25 pm

My god. Was just making a cheeky comment and people go crazy. I wonder why?

Lol. Relax. This thread Is a Train wreck. And I am responsible. I own up. Let's cut it out.

Walker88Boston
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#69 » by Walker88Boston » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:33 pm

jfs1000d wrote:My god. Was just making a cheeky comment and people go crazy. I wonder why?

Lol. Relax. This thread Is a Train wreck. And I am responsible. I own up. Let's cut it out.

I just thought your comment was stupid. But I'm willing to move on, it's nothing personal. Oh how I desperately wish I could have made a thread about how good terry has been playing to start the season but we haven't endured enough offseason for that so I had to make a post about strippers..
Carlton Blue
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#70 » by Carlton Blue » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Ryan Lochte isn't being linked to a group of halfwits responsible for a lot of bloodshed and loss of life?
Carlton Blue
Ballboy

Post#71 » by Carlton Blue » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:48 pm

truth18 wrote:I don't think its that clever actually. Here is my take on that discourse:

Then why do so many black people dislike it and criticize it for being a load of hypocritical crap?
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#72 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:54 pm

I would love to have a permanent, tensely respectful politics thread, otherwise we shouldn't drag everything OT to our ongoing culture wars.

Gotta confess I went to a strip club once when I turned 18, it creeped me out and I've never been back, and I'm a good p.c. educated liberal feminist ally hands up don't shoot, we're basically like Catholics. But those strippers, assuming they were all making a voluntary choice to autonomously wield their sexuality, were... surprisingly attractive. And that was in Cleveland.

Cave's white NBA-er paying for company in summer league, I'm guessing it's Bender or one of the other Euros.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#73 » by jfs1000d » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Walker88Boston wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:My god. Was just making a cheeky comment and people go crazy. I wonder why?

I just thought your comment was stupid. But I'm willing to move on, it's nothing personal. Oh how I desperately wish I could have made a thread about how good terry has been playing to start the season but we haven't endured enough offseason for that so I had to make a post about strippers..

Fair enough. BTW, I never mentioned race. Hmm. But I was trolling. Who cares?

Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#74 » by Pacino62 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:00 am

Well. This thread just became worth reading again.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
GreenFor3
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#75 » by GreenFor3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:09 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:I would love to have a permanent, tensely respectful politics thread, otherwise we shouldn't drag everything OT to our ongoing culture wars.

Definitely agree with this. Politics usually become an interesting discussion here but a politics thread would definitely help clean up some of the other threads. Not that there is anything else to talk about right now anyway, but it'll be helpful once things start back up again. Could be interesting though, especially since it's an election year.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#76 » by FakeScreenName123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:35 am

'Look at my baby, isn't she cute?'

'Ma'am, ALL babies are cute.'

'......'
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,154

Post#77 » by chakdaddy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:49 am

Carlton Blue wrote:

Ryan Lochte isn't being linked to a group of halfwits responsible for a lot of bloodshed and loss of life?

Not all police are halfwits, that's not cool.
Carlton Blue
Ballboy

Post#78 » by Carlton Blue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:00 am

chakdaddy wrote:Not all police are halfwits, that's not cool.

But 100% of Crips and Bloods are.
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#79 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:40 am

I'm O-negative
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,154

Post#80 » by chakdaddy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:58 am

Carlton Blue wrote:
chakdaddy wrote:Not all police are halfwits, that's not cool.

But 100% of Crips and Bloods are.

You know what, I misread your post as referring to BLM since that was the topic of following posts.

I bet Lochte and huge numbers of frat boys would be gang members had they been born into different circumstances though.

Return to Boston Celtics