ImageImageImage

Celtics (1-0) @ Bulls (0-0) 8PM, Oct. 27, 2016

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,267

Re: Celtics (1-0) @ Bulls (0-0) 8PM, Oct. 27, 2016 

Post#21 » by Gant » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:52 pm

The Bulls are the type of team that could beat Cleveland one night, or lose to Philly on another.

They have great talent that could click in any given game, but doesn't seem to fit for the long run.
pinoyceltic
Rookie
And1: 806

Post#22 » by pinoyceltic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:59 pm

National TV Rondo vs. The Celtics off their back 2 back. This is gon be fun.

PS: Hope to see Mickey some minutes
“Be Great At Things That Take No Talent” -CBS
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#23 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:35 pm

Froob wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Bull are going to be a top 3 or 4 team in the east so this is going to be a tough game. Hope we see more consistency than what we saw most of last night.

What makes you say that? I don't see them in the playoffs at all, maybe around 35 wins. Rondo and Wade is not going to work. Celtics need to pack the paint and as long as they don't suck on offense they outta win this. It'll be a grinder for sure but, if Brad plays this how the Hawks played the Cs in the playoffs this outta be a win.

Rondo, despite his flaws, is a good PG and Butler and Wade are star players. I think thats enough to get a top 4 seed in the east.
*Insert witty signature here.*
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#24 » by SichtingLives » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:05 pm

The Bulls won't win any championships but they are going to be a tough team this year. A lot of people are really underestimating them right now, I doubt that lasts too long.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#25 » by truth18 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:41 pm

Gant wrote:The Bulls are the type of team that could beat Cleveland one night, or lose to Philly on another.

They have great talent that could click in any given game, but doesn't seem to fit for the long run.

SichtingLives wrote:The Bulls won't win any championships but they are going to be a tough team this year. A lot of people are really underestimating them right now, I doubt that lasts too long.

This is my take as well. They won't make the playoffs but they will be very annoying to play against.
YOU LOSE
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#26 » by Slartibartfast » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:45 pm

The Bulls have some of the same issues as the Nets, rotation wise - not enough shooting with the starters, and not enough D off the bench.

Match-up pretty well defensively. IT's D isn't as big a problem against a non-scorer/shooter in Rajon as it was against Lin. AB does well on Wade's drives and Crowder a good all-around cover against Butler. The Rondo pick and pop with Mirotic could give us problems but otherwise I think we'll put the hurt on their O and force a lot of stagnation.

Offensively I think our starters will be really tough for them to handle too. Rondo and Wade like to lollygag in transition, which IT and AB should be able to punish. RoLo won't like sticking Horford at the 3-point line. Not as many open 3s in the halfcourt as the Bulls have better overall speed and nobody as bad as Bogey to exploit with ball swings.

The bench is where I worry. Rozier might be vulnerable to MCW's octopus arms and their shooters are better than the Nets (quicker triggers, more accurate, more versatile). Plus Gibson is a much better player than any of the Nets bench bigs.

Jaylen should have a lot of fun losing Dougie tho.

This is gonna be tough one.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#27 » by greenroom31 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:58 pm

I think the Bulls are going to be one of the saltiest teams in the league. Especially with home opener, Wade's first game and all the other nonsense I fully expect maximum salt, complete with a cheap shot by Wade on IT if it gets close or if the Bulls are losing late.
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#28 » by CelticsLV » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:23 pm

I hope our players will not run like headless chickens, desperately trying to close out on players like Rondo, Wade, Butler on 3p line only to get faked out and collapse our entire defense in the process. As someone mentioned, if we play against them like Hawks played against us last playoffs, it will be a win. Hope Stevens did the scouting.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#29 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Froob wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Bull are going to be a top 3 or 4 team in the east so this is going to be a tough game. Hope we see more consistency than what we saw most of last night.

What makes you say that? I don't see them in the playoffs at all, maybe around 35 wins. Rondo and Wade is not going to work. Celtics need to pack the paint and as long as they don't suck on offense they outta win this. It'll be a grinder for sure but, if Brad plays this how the Hawks played the Cs in the playoffs this outta be a win.

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Gibson
Lopez

that is a lot of defense, and great rebounding. That said 35 wins isn't too far off of the playoffs. Then you have a closer in Wade and an all-star in Butler.

That's a recipe for at least a .500 team.

You combine that with Mirotic and Dougy McBuckets on the same team and you have 2 of the absolute best 3 point shooting big men in the league on the same team (I assume shortly one of them will be starting for spacing reasons).

Fit on offense for the starting lineup, lack of 3 point shooting in the backcourt, and potentially their bench contributions are their question marks.

But based on talent and defense, I could easily see the Bulls pulling out a .500 season and making life really painful for 75% of the league's offenses that have at beast one all-star on their team. Just depends if they can get a full season of effort from Rondo on the defensive end or not.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,144

Post#30 » by PierceFan4ever » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:11 pm

I'm pumped up for this game. Looking forward to that Bradley-Wade matchup. Gonna be a much tougher test than Brooklyn but our guys will be up for this one. I wonder which Rondo is gonna show up today.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,517

Post#31 » by 165bows » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:43 pm

pinoyceltic wrote:National TV Rondo vs. The Celtics off their back 2 back. This is gon be fun.

It's a good point that "National TV" Rondo (Should be called giving effort Rondo) will be in effect tonight. Nonetheless this team is the bastard step-child of all the old NY Knicks teams where they just threw a bunch of over the hill name-players together and tried to make a team out of it.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,267

Post#32 » by Gant » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:50 pm

165bows wrote:
pinoyceltic wrote:National TV Rondo vs. The Celtics off their back 2 back. This is gon be fun.

It's a good point that "National TV" Rondo (Should be called giving effort Rondo) will be in effect tonight. Nonetheless this team is the bastard step-child of all the old NY Knicks teams where they just threw a bunch of over the hill name-players together and tried to make a team out of it.

The current Knicks team appears to be doing the same thing as well.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#33 » by Froob » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:01 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
Froob wrote:

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Gibson
Lopez

that is a lot of defense, and great rebounding. That said 35 wins isn't too far off of the playoffs. Then you have a closer in Wade and an all-star in Butler.

You combine that with Mirotic and Dougy McBuckets on the same team and you have 2 of the absolute best 3 point shooting big men in the league on the same team (I assume shortly one of them will be starting for spacing reasons).

Fit on offense for the starting lineup, lack of 3 point shooting in the backcourt, and potentially their bench contributions are their question marks.

But based on talent and defense, I could easily see the Bulls pulling out a .500 season and making life really painful for 75% of the league's offenses that have at beast one all-star on their team. Just depends if they can get a full season of effort from Rondo on the defensive end or not.

This isn't your father's Eastern conference though. East has a lot of quality teams now (although only one contender). Sure they have a good collection of talent but, I'm not so sure the pieces fit. Plus Wade and Butler are a bit injury prone.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Boardwalker
Junior
And1: 379

Post#34 » by Boardwalker » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:10 pm

165bows wrote:Nonetheless this team is the bastard step-child of all the old NY Knicks teams where they just threw a bunch of over the hill name-players together and tried to make a team out of it.

The Bulls have 10 players who are 25 years old or younger. I guess when you say "bunch" you actually mean 2.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#35 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Froob wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
Froob wrote:What makes you say that? I don't see them in the playoffs at all, maybe around 35 wins. Rondo and Wade is not going to work. Celtics need to pack the paint and as long as they don't suck on offense they outta win this. It'll be a grinder for sure but, if Brad plays this how the Hawks played the Cs in the playoffs this outta be a win.

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Gibson
Lopez

This isn't your father's Eastern conference though. East has a lot of quality teams now (although only one contender). Sure they have a good collection of talent but, I'm not so sure the pieces fit. Plus Wade and Butler are a bit injury prone.

Well, at the very least advance stats have the Bulls as a 45 win team with an over 80% chance of making the playoffs.

This is a more balanced East, but .500 teams generally make the playoffs.

source: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nba-predictions/
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#36 » by truth18 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Boardwalker wrote:
165bows wrote:Nonetheless this team is the bastard step-child of all the old NY Knicks teams where they just threw a bunch of over the hill name-players together and tried to make a team out of it.

The Bulls have 10 players who are 25 years old or younger. I guess when you say "bunch" you actually mean 2.

The insecurity is real, gents. Let's hope the same holds true on the court.
YOU LOSE
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#37 » by Marvel » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:17 pm

I think the Bulls just got desperate since they knew Noah and Rose were damaged goods. They haven't gotten any better with Wade and RoLo, they'll miss the playoffs get even more desperate and make another dumb move in the off season.

On another note how blessed are Cs fans to get a B2B in the opening week of the regular season....giggidy. Get the W!
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#38 » by Froob » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Bulls should have made Wade the defacto point guard and gotten a shooting point guard to play point.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
BakersDozen
General Manager
And1: 728

Post#39 » by BakersDozen » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Hoping to see more of Jaylen with Thomas/ab/crowder/horford

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#40 » by SMTBSI » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:07 pm

Have work, can't watch.

But, I'm apprehensive. If for no other reason than the second-night-of-a-back-to-back-on-the-road-down-our-6th-and-7th-men factor. That, and it's their home opener, so they'll be fresh and hyped, presumably. Also, Wade can still play.

Gun to my head, I'd pick us, but a loss won't surprise/worry me in the slightest.

Return to Boston Celtics