ImageImageImage

Trade Thread 2017: Not Once, Not twice, But Thrice!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,282

Re: Trade Thread 2017: Not Once, Not twice, But Thrice! 

Post#1581 » by Froob » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:25 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:It would be funny if Danny trades Young and 2 2nd rounders for Nurkic to see Skywalker reaction.

I can't keep track of which foreign guy on the Nuggets is the one that kinda sucks and which one is awesome. I see these deals going around and like "really? They'd give him up for ONLY that?"

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1582 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Danny has to contact Hayward's agent and see how likely it is that he signs with the Celtics in the offseason. If there's less than a 75% chance of it happening, then Danny has to start looking at deals without paying any mind to cap space. Go get Melo if he's cheap. Get Noel if you don't have to give up anything from the core.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#1583 » by TheOGJabroni » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Froob wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:It would be funny if Danny trades Young and 2 2nd rounders for Nurkic to see Skywalker reaction.

I can't keep track of which foreign guy on the Nuggets is the one that kinda sucks and which one is awesome. I see these deals going around and like "really? They'd give him up for ONLY that?"

Jokic is certainly the awesome one; would not say Nurkic (our target) sucks though.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#1584 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:35 pm

DavorFanCroatia wrote:Guys, forgive Skywalker33...its probably an agony to root for a team that never won anything and never will win anything...

Skywalker33 is alot of fun when he comes over here. Don't discourage him.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#1585 » by truth18 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:50 pm

SAY NO

TO

MELO
YOU LOSE
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#1586 » by radcot » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:39 pm

truth18 wrote:SAY NO

TO

MELO

Is this verse in some sort of minimalist Japanese poetry form that we should be familiar with?
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#1587 » by Disinformation » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:41 pm

radcot wrote:
truth18 wrote:SAY NO

TO

MELO

Is this verse in some sort of minimalist Japanese poetry form that we should be familiar with?

It's a Micro-Haiku.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
AgentGreen
Head Coach
And1: 3,469

Post#1588 » by AgentGreen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:If non-Celtics fans don't want to believe us, hear it from Trader Dan himself...

"We value [the Brooklyn pick]. Even the chance, even a small chance to get a very talented player is worth [keeping the pick] because you have some chance. And you can’t just give up a chance to get a really good player unless [it's] for another really good player. ... It would have to be, certainly, a very good player. And also it probably wouldn't be someone in their 30s. That would have to be a good young player because again, even if we had a 5 percent or a 10 percent or a 15 percent chance at one of the top picks in the draft, that’s worth keeping."

The upcoming Brooklyn pick's gonna end up even better than last year's. Let's all save ourselves keystrokes, Ainge is not trading either Brooklyn pick for Melo.

He´ll do it for Butler then.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,374

Post#1589 » by Homerclease » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:57 pm

AgentGreen wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:If non-Celtics fans don't want to believe us, hear it from Trader Dan himself...

"We value [the Brooklyn pick]. Even the chance, even a small chance to get a very talented player is worth [keeping the pick] because you have some chance. And you can’t just give up a chance to get a really good player unless [it's] for another really good player. ... It would have to be, certainly, a very good player. And also it probably wouldn't be someone in their 30s. That would have to be a good young player because again, even if we had a 5 percent or a 10 percent or a 15 percent chance at one of the top picks in the draft, that’s worth keeping."

The upcoming Brooklyn pick's gonna end up even better than last year's. Let's all save ourselves keystrokes, Ainge is not trading either Brooklyn pick for Melo.

Not at the price the bulls are asking, they want the moon and rightfully so.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#1590 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:02 pm

AgentGreen wrote:

When that quote came out, yes, he would've given the 2016 BKN pick for Jimmy. He probably would still do 2018 BKN pick for him but not the 2017 BKN pick. He likely became stingier after we missed out on KD.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1591 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
So, 34B (is that your bra size ??) wants to jump on the bandwagon, yet no one has shown where I supposedly said Gallo was worth a BKN pick.....just a LOT of hot air over here. And 34B, I know more about the Nuggets than you, i'm sure the NUGGs FO will get good value as usual in their trade efforts. ...guaranteed !!

This seems to be going way off the rails here. And I think everyone knows better than throwing around insults and personal attacks. Time to grow up and knock it off. For everyone.

I'm not trying to start anything but this poster is well known for starting arguements on every opposing team's board he goes to. He doesn't visit to have honest conversations about trades, he only visits to tell people when the value is incorrect by his standards. It's obvious what somone's intentions are when the trash a fan base on their own teams trade board then follow up by posting on that team's board.

Or even send mocking PM's out of the blue. But it's OK. I get to post the Nuggets record to him from now until forever.

Speaking of which, they are 18-25 and on pace to finish 34-48. As of today, they would get the 15th and 20th picks in the draft. That should help them with replacing Gallo, who can leave for nothing in free agency.
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#1592 » by klemen4 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Right now I would be willing to trade brk 17 and brk 18 only for Cousins and off course A.Davis. Improving sg/sf spot with Butler does not move the needle enough. If you give a premium brk 17 pick and potential top 5 in brk 18 you have to improve a big man position not guard/forward where we are really strong.
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1593 » by Edug27 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:23 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Danny has to contact Hayward's agent and see how likely it is that he signs with the Celtics in the offseason. If there's less than a 75% chance of it happening, then Danny has to start looking at deals without paying any mind to cap space. Go get Melo if he's cheap. Get Noel if you don't have to give up anything from the core.

Agree with this. Aside from Hayward and maybe Noel, there isn't any free agents worth pursuing this summer. I'm all for Melo depending on 2 things... The cost... and Brad's confidence he can it work with Melo... or even Brad's interest level. If Brad is interested, then I trust he knows how to make it work.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1594 » by Edug27 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
This seems to be going way off the rails here. And I think everyone knows better than throwing around insults and personal attacks. Time to grow up and knock it off. For everyone.

I'm not trying to start anything but this poster is well known for starting arguements on every opposing team's board he goes to. He doesn't visit to have honest conversations about trades, he only visits to tell people when the value is incorrect by his standards. It's obvious what somone's intentions are when the trash a fan base on their own teams trade board then follow up by posting on that team's board.

Or even send mocking PM's out of the blue. But it's OK. I get to post the Nuggets record to him from now until forever.

Speaking of which, they are 18-25 and on pace to finish 34-48. As of today, they would get the 15th and 20th picks in the draft. That should help them with replacing Gallo, who can leave for nothing in free agency.

Eh. I'm sure he knows the Nugs are and will be trash for the foreseeable future. Which is why he comes here looking for some back and forth action for kicks and giggles. I have a friend who is a big Kings fan. So I know how it works. Nonetheless, I still find the arguments enjoyable and satisfying as well. Makes me feel better to be a Celtics fan. I just stay clear of Lebron fans. Those are arguments I prefer to avoid.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#1595 » by Banks2Pierce » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Only players I'd make 2017 BKN available for at this point:
Lebron
Curry
Kawhi
AD
KAT
Giannis
KD
Harden
Porzingis
Draymond
Embiid
Russ(with some sort of assurance)
Writebloc
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,615

Post#1596 » by Writebloc » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:

Truthfully, if Denver resigned Gallo it would be worse for them, which they might end up doing because of "loyalty." Denver went to Gallo last year to trade him, Gallo declined so they held on to him. Now watch them not trade Gallo and sign him to a huge deal.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1597 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Banks2Pierce wrote:Only players I'd make 2017 BKN available for at this point:
Lebron
Curry
Kawhi
AD
KAT
Giannis
KD
Harden
Porzingis
Draymond
Embiid
Russ(with some sort of assurance)

I realize that Draymond Green is a very good player and would benefit this team a lot. With that being said, I despise the guy. He's a mouth-breather, which gets on my nerves. His criticism of Celtics fans, as well as his analogy of comparing KD to an Apple (or Google) employee made him out to be a dummy trying to sound intelligent. And of course, there are his on-court antics, which involve dirty play, along with him flexing his flabby arms after each one. He looks like a donkey. God forbid he is ever on this team. I'd rather give myself a second vasectomy without local anaesthetics than to have to cheer for this guy.

And no, I wouldn't give up the 2017 Nets pick for him. 2018? Maybe.....but I'd rather not.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#1598 » by 2Mas » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:55 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Danny has to contact Hayward's agent and see how likely it is that he signs with the Celtics in the offseason. If there's less than a 75% chance of it happening, then Danny has to start looking at deals without paying any mind to cap space. Go get Melo if he's cheap. Get Noel if you don't have to give up anything from the core.

What would Melo really be worth at this point. He definitely ahs some value, but it's not like it was 2 years ago.

If they can get expirings & have what 50m in FA between Rose & Melo, they can finally build around Porzingis.

Crowder, a decent pick, Amir, Jonas, Young?

Give up Rozier & whatever for Noel. Noel is really what we need next to Al. Fresh pogo stick legs. above the rim, guard the p&r, cover space.

I like Al Horford, but did he's 30 going on 42.

Thomas - Smart
Bradley - Green
Melo - Brown
Horford
Noel - Olynyk <---- Playoff rotation.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#1599 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:03 pm

I think they call this tampering unless it happens after July 1.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#1600 » by klemen4 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:10 pm

If nothing else, please get Bogut and see how we function with a center.
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell

Return to Boston Celtics