ImageImageImage

Crowder's mad at fans for cheering Hayward

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Writebloc
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,615

Re: Crowder's mad at fans for cheering Hayward 

Post#261 » by Writebloc » Sat Jan 7, 2017 12:48 am

Read on Twitter
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#262 » by Marvel » Sat Jan 7, 2017 12:58 am

truth18 wrote:
sully00 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
To be fair, didn't we try that with Durant this year and get told that max FA's won't consider us because of this? I feel like it's damned if we do and damned if we don't.

No with Durant we cried because he didn't choose us in FA which is just as lame as cheering for him when he came here in a visitors uniform. If you are on the other team you are the enemy we shouldn't expect them to like us more because we were soft on them. Yankee fans and Red Sox fans aren't soft on opposing players they are brutal then when you put the shirt on we love you.

Garden has been really soft my entire life. Big three years were decent at times but any winning team will have a decent crowd response.

From what my parents have told me about the Bird era, it was almost the opposite. Some wild stories and my parents didn't even go to that many games.

We really need our edge back. Multiple Kobe MVP chats over the years have made me want to cry.

:nonono: **** pathetic.That **** is never acceptable, i don't care what the circumstances are.
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#263 » by darylbe » Sat Jan 7, 2017 2:05 am

Starting hitting buzzer beaters rather than bricking it. Problem solved.

Sent from my LGMS428 using RealGM mobile app
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#264 » by KGboss » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:10 am

0 points on 4 attempts tonight after all this bitching.

Okay, Jae

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#265 » by DelMonte West » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:17 am

Whatever performance tonight. As long as this isn't a recurring thing (I would hope it wouldn't be) ala Blount actively sabotaging the team he can be allowed a mulligan. If this does become a habit, just give Brown more minutes.
DijonRondo
Veteran
And1: 1,801

Post#266 » by DijonRondo » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:20 am

Crowder = opposite of mentally tough
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#267 » by jfs1000d » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:30 am

DijonRondo wrote:Crowder = opposite of mentally tough

That's not fair. He is as tough as nails.

But, this is a WTf game. He was beyond terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,789

Post#268 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:42 am

I'll give him a bad game or two. They won, didn't they?
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,575

Post#269 » by ajones9219 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:44 am

jfs1000d wrote:

That's not fair. He is as tough as nails.

But, this is a WTf game. He was beyond terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Exactly. He's been our most mentally tough player by far
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#270 » by DelMonte West » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:46 am

Writebloc wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope that dumb as **** ESPN hack Bomani Jones watched this, but he has his head so far up his @$$ that everything looks like crap.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#271 » by Valid » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:38 pm

DelMonte West wrote:
Writebloc wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope that dumb as **** ESPN hack Bomani Jones watched this, but he has his head so far up his @$$ that everything looks like crap.

Bomani Jones is a pseudo-intellectual hack who will jump at the slightest opportunity to bring race into a discussion. Don't take anything that jackass says seriously.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#272 » by sully00 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 2:24 pm

That is way off. Crowder is right just like he was about tipping defensive strategies to Durant in FA. He was a way over the top about it but he is the one talking like Celtic. Some fans need a reality check.
DijonRondo
Veteran

Post#273 » by DijonRondo » Sun Jan 8, 2017 2:32 pm

sully00 wrote:

That is way off. Crowder is right just like he was about tipping defensive strategies to Durant in FA. He was a way over the top about it but he is the one talking like Celtic. Some fans need a reality check.

He goes on a butthurt tirade on Twitter and then follows it up with a goose egg performance. I don't know what to say to that.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#274 » by sully00 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 3:24 pm

DijonRondo wrote:
sully00 wrote:

He goes on a butthurt tirade on Twitter and then follows it up with a goose egg performance. I don't know what to say to that.

So he was mentally tough the previous game when he went 5-5 from 3? The ball goes in or it doesn't it has nothing to do with your mentality or mental toughness it how you respond in those situations. Jae continue to do the things that help this team win games whether he is scoring or not. Dude has been a huge part of the identity change of this team.
DijonRondo
Veteran

Post#275 » by DijonRondo » Sun Jan 8, 2017 3:33 pm

sully00 wrote:
DijonRondo wrote:
sully00 wrote:That is way off. Crowder is right just like he was about tipping defensive strategies to Durant in FA. He was a way over the top about it but he is the one talking like Celtic. Some fans need a reality check.

So he was mentally tough the previous game when he went 5-5 from 3? The ball goes in or it doesn't it has nothing to do with your mentality or mental toughness it how you respond in those situations. Jae continue to do the things that help this team win games whether he is scoring or not. Dude has been a huge part of the identity change of this team.

Big time players make big time plays. If he followed up his talk by continuing his stellar play, I would have shut up. He didnt though.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#276 » by sully00 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:49 am

DijonRondo wrote:
sully00 wrote:
DijonRondo wrote:

Big time players make big time plays. If he followed up his talk by continuing his stellar play, I would have shut up. He didnt though.

Would you have said anything if he hadn't gone off on Twitter? No it wouldn't have mattered. We want guys to be loyal, sacrifice for the team, give up individual accomplishments for winning and the collective good of the team, Bleed Green. But the fans are going to cheer opponents in hopes that they may consider signing here in the future and if you get pissed about it we going to turn on you like it is your fault that you caught us cheating.

His talk was stop cheering for opposing players, the guys that are here are playing their heart for your team and deserve better.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#277 » by celtxman » Mon Jan 9, 2017 2:48 am

DijonRondo wrote:
sully00 wrote:
DijonRondo wrote:

So when is he allowed to have a bad game? Never again? Funny - I don't remember much criticism for IT after he blew off steam a little whie back.....nor should there have been. Look if you want to get mad at the guy fine. But I can't imagine anyone in his shoes being happy with Hayward being cheered. If I were in his shoes I wouldn't have gone on Twitter but I would have felt the same way.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
DijonRondo
Veteran

Post#278 » by DijonRondo » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:45 am

sully00 wrote:
DijonRondo wrote:
sully00 wrote:

Would you have said anything if he hadn't gone off on Twitter? No it wouldn't have mattered. We want guys to be loyal, sacrifice for the team, give up individual accomplishments for winning and the collective good of the team, Bleed Green. But the fans are going to cheer opponents in hopes that they may consider signing here in the future and if you get pissed about it we going to turn on you like it is your fault that you caught us cheating.

His talk was stop cheering for opposing players, the guys that are here are playing their heart for your team and deserve better.

That's not a fair "what if" assumption to make.

If he didn't go on that tirade on Twitter, I wouldn't have criticized him, because it meant he was mentally tougher.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#279 » by Edug27 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 5:15 pm

Crowder has really struggled since this incident.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#280 » by jrob23 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 7:51 pm

He's a short slower SF who is averaging 12.7-4.9-2.3 and people act like he's a top 10 SF who is so good we can't possibly give Brown 6 more minutes a game (up to 20 mpg) because we'll lose. He's a perfect backup 3 who can play the 4 on rare occassions. If he was great I could see why this would affect him so much, but they drafted 2 SF (3 if you believe Yabusele can play SF) and openly covet SF in trades because they know he isn't. So why react this way now? It sucks to go there...but it's almost like the fact that Hayward is white makes it an issue. Is he embarrassed? Celtic fans and fans in general have shown they'll cheer guys they hope to land in the offseason. It doesn't make them monsters or racists smh.

Return to Boston Celtics