ImageImageImage

Eastern Conference playoff watch

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: Eastern Conference playoff watch 

Post#581 » by ddb » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Celtics would benefit greatly from earning the top seed. Having homecourt throughout is essential for this team because for as good as the team has played, this team still hasn't won a playoff series together...so no series will be a cake walk until they learn how to win in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#582 » by Valid » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:08 pm

ddb wrote:Celtics would benefit greatly from earning the top seed. Having homecourt throughout is essential for this team because for as good as the team has played, this team still hasn't won a playoff series together...so no series will be a cake walk until they learn how to win in the playoffs.

I'm honestly not so sure. We aren't beating Cleveland either way, and if we get the 1-seed, we could end up playing Toronto instead of Washington in the second round, which would be a tougher matchup for us.

That being said, "No. 1 seed" does carry a certain weight that should make the Celtics even more attractive to free agents.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#583 » by Valid » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Banks2Pierce wrote:Why are people so concerned with Miami in comparison to the rest of the teams hovering around the 5-10 range?

They've had an odd season where they were better than their record when we were talking about them in relation to Brooklyn and then overperformed relative to their point differential after that. But they are an obvious .500 7-9 seed team on the whole and don't really seem to stand out. They can offensive rebound decently, but not elite(11th in league). Jae Crowder not dealing with James Johnson very well would be my biggest concern, but you're in decent shape if the biggest concern heading into a series is James Johnson.

Yeah. I actually prefer Miami to Indiana, Milwaukee and Atlanta. The Heat do not have a roster that is well-suited for the playoffs.
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#584 » by liveod » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Everyone is concerned about every team because of our rebounding woes. We'll play to our strengths - that's our only option. And we'll win. We will win. You all know it.
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
ddb
RealGM

Post#585 » by ddb » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Valid wrote:
ddb wrote:Celtics would benefit greatly from earning the top seed. Having homecourt throughout is essential for this team because for as good as the team has played, this team still hasn't won a playoff series together...so no series will be a cake walk until they learn how to win in the playoffs.

I'm honestly not so sure. We aren't beating Cleveland either way, and if we get the 1-seed, we could end up playing Toronto instead of Washington in the second round, which would be a tougher matchup for us.

That being said, "No. 1 seed" does carry a certain weight that should make the Celtics even more attractive to free agents.

I would rather play Toronto over Washington, honestly. Washington scares me. Toronto does too, but Lowry has been out and may not be 100%...I think Toronto is very beatable, especially with Boston having home court.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#586 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Bring on the Raptors. I'd like to see their fans cry.
ddb
RealGM

Post#587 » by ddb » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:17 pm

mattstermh wrote:Everyone is concerned about every team because of our rebounding woes. We'll play to our strengths - that's our only option. And we'll win. We will win. You all know it.

yup. I agree. Last month I thought the Celtics were a round 2 exit and would lose to the Raptors if we played them. But when healthy I now feel like Boston would whip their a$$es. So strange how opinions can change based off health and recent play
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#588 » by jfs1000d » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Valid wrote:

Sick of this.

People must not be watching the Cavs this year. Love is hurt. He isn't ever going to be the same. they have nothing inside and their defense off the bench is terrible. They are breaking down. Much like the Celtics broke down with PP and Garnett. If we played for NBA title in December with that team before Shaq got hurt and Perk trade. we win. But, just like the Garnett teams, health starts to chip away. Even at LeBron, who has logged so many high stress minutes his career.

It's like people here don't watch Cavs play and are assuming it is Lebron and Cavs from last year. It isn't. They are flawed, have Tristan inside as an undersized 5 and don't play D at the 1,2, and 4 spots.

Yes, LeBron can do everything, but they are trying and struggling.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#589 » by London2Boston » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Cavs will likely beat us and it won't even get to that, but I do know one thing....No one wants a game 7 in TD Garden..no one.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#590 » by 2Mas » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:31 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
Valid wrote:

Sick of this.

People must not be watching the Cavs this year. Love is hurt. He isn't ever going to be the same. they have nothing inside and their defense off the bench is terrible. They are breaking down. Much like the Celtics broke down with PP and Garnett. If we played for NBA title in December with that team before Shaq got hurt and Perk trade. we win. But, just like the Garnett teams, health starts to chip away. Even at LeBron, who has logged so many high stress minutes his career.

It's like people here don't watch Cavs play and are assuming it is Lebron and Cavs from last year. It isn't. They are flawed, have Tristan inside as an undersized 5 and don't play D at the 1,2, and 4 spots.

Yes, LeBron can do everything, but they are trying and struggling.

Agree with your point, disagree with the reasoning.

I think it's unlikely we beat them, but there's a chance. I'm not assuming we do beat them, but I'm not gonna be the type to be happy just cause we made it to the ECF. I need to see a fight in the ECF for me to be happy. It's not gonna be sweep. We're gonna fight them. I could see us loosing to them in 6. I'd be happy with that.

But I just don't buy the bold. LBJ's March is unreal. He's fine. Kevin Love is getting 14-10 coming back from knee surgery. He'll be fine in another 2 weeks. JR is getting a rhythm. They're almost full health with bodies. Now have 2 weeks to get them in shape. I just don't think their health is that much of an issue.

1- They don't have too many good defensive players.
2- They're the champs. People are gunning for them & they're taking ppl's best shots.

Those two are bigger reasons why they're not dominating. Tht being sad they're good. They're gonna end with low-mid 50's wins. 3-4 games worse than last year. Not a big deal. Other teams are just getting better.
pasfru
Starter
And1: 2,794

Post#591 » by pasfru » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:17 pm

The Big Three Celtics never had LeBron. That's the difference.
pasfru
Starter
And1: 2,794

Post#592 » by pasfru » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:53 pm

165bows wrote:
Banks2Pierce wrote:Why are people so concerned with Miami in comparison to the rest of the teams hovering around the 5-10 range?

They've had an odd season where they were better than their record when we were talking about them in relation to Brooklyn and then overperformed relative to their point differential after that. But they are an obvious .500 7-9 seed team on the whole and don't really seem to stand out. They can offensive rebound decently, but not elite(11th in league). Jae Crowder not dealing with James Johnson very well would be my biggest concern, but you're in decent shape if the biggest concern heading into a series is James Johnson.

Yeah I'm fine matching up against Miami. They swept the season series against Miami, why are people worried about that?

To be fair, they were missing major pieces every time we played them. Waiters was out for all four of those games and he's been a very solid contributor for them this year, they're a completely different team on offence without him.

I can't believe I just said that.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#593 » by KGboss » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Let's go Spurs!

Personally I love the spurs. Definitely my second favorite team outside of the Timberwolves and blazers. Got no problem rooting for those guys on any night
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,606

Post#594 » by Asian Celtic » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Kawhi is gonna be randomly drug tested again after he dominates on both ends of the floor.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#595 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:17 am

Read on Twitter

5th game is vs. the Celtics (April 6); 6th and 7th are home-and-home vs. Cavs (April 7 & 9).
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#596 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:25 am

CrowderKeg wrote:
Read on Twitter

5th game is vs. the Celtics (April 6); 6th and 7th are home-and-home vs. Cavs (April 7 & 9).

This injury could cost him big money in the offseason. Could be more severe than we thought, guy is getting older too
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#597 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:34 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#598 » by Green89 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:14 am

Spurs are destroying the Cavs right now!
SupremeIT4
Junior
And1: 276

Post#599 » by SupremeIT4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:15 am

1sr seed is ours. Even if only for a night ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using RealGM mobile app
Image Die-hard Celtics fan since '04.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 37,978

Post#600 » by PierceFan4ever » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:15 am

I'm telling you there's something off about the Cavs. They can be beat in the East

Return to Boston Celtics