ImageImageImage

Just a Hypotesis

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Which one do you pick?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Scenario A
50%
Scenario B
33%
Scenario C
17%

Total votes: 6

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,873

Re: Just a Hypotesis 

Post#21 » by Celts17Pride » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Homerclease wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
Murta wrote:Keeping Thomas while drafting Fultz (or Ball) is a possible and maybe good scenario, but in that case Smart has to be sold off to the highest bidder. The best version of Smart offensively is when he gets to have the ball in his hands and having 2 legit point guards won't allow it to happen much.

I think Smart can stay but you gotta trade one of Smart, Bradley, IT if you draft Fultz. I'm totally fine with reducing marcus's role in the offense.

Crowder/Brown
Bradley/Smart
IT/Fultz

I don't see the problem.

Don't disagree but I would trade Crowder, Smart and draft picks to shore up the front court and go with

IT/Fultz
AB/Rozier
Hayward/Brown

Of course this is if Hayward signs.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,371

Post#22 » by Homerclease » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
I think Smart can stay but you gotta trade one of Smart, Bradley, IT if you draft Fultz. I'm totally fine with reducing marcus's role in the offense.

Crowder/Brown
Bradley/Smart
IT/Fultz

I don't see the problem.

Don't disagree but I would trade Crowder, Smart and draft picks to shore up the front court and go with

IT/Fultz
AB/Rozier
Hayward/Brown

Of course this is if Hayward signs.

Oh if you land Hayward than a trade is absolutely a necessity. Unless you want to run full time small ball with Hayward and Crowder at the 4 which wouldn't be optimal IMO
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#23 » by jmr07019 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Homerclease wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
Murta wrote:Keeping Thomas while drafting Fultz (or Ball) is a possible and maybe good scenario, but in that case Smart has to be sold off to the highest bidder. The best version of Smart offensively is when he gets to have the ball in his hands and having 2 legit point guards won't allow it to happen much.

Crowder/Brown
Bradley/Smart
IT/Fultz

I don't see the problem.

Are you happy with Fultz, Smart and Brown playing 18 mpg each?
Show Love Spread Love
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#24 » by Homerclease » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:08 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

Crowder/Brown
Bradley/Smart
IT/Fultz

I don't see the problem.

Why would that be? The Celtics go small quite often, even now they use 3 guard offense a lot. I don't see why Jaylen, Smart and Fultz all couldn't see 20-25 minutes per game
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#25 » by jmr07019 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:59 pm

Homerclease wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Crowder/Brown
Bradley/Smart
IT/Fultz

I don't see the problem.

Why would that be? The Celtics go small quite often, even now they use 3 guard offense a lot. I don't see why Jaylen, Smart and Fultz all couldn't see 20-25 minutes per game

I think we go small out of necessity rather than preference. My wording was a bit strong. They don't have to trade one of those guys but trding Smart or Bradley for an equally talented big man would improve the roster.
Show Love Spread Love
Murta
Sixth Man
And1: 1,823

Post#26 » by Murta » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Homerclease wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

Crowder/Brown
Bradley/Smart
IT/Fultz

I don't see the problem.

Tying approximately 70 mil. USD into Thomas (30), Bradley (~23) and Smart (~16) in one off-season while having Fultz isn't a problem? Not to mention how much Thomas "loved" multi-guard system in Phoenix.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#27 » by Homerclease » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Murta wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

Crowder/Brown
Bradley/Smart
IT/Fultz

I don't see the problem.

Tying approximately 70 mil. USD into Thomas (30), Bradley (~23) and Smart (~16) in one off-season while having Fultz isn't a problem? Not to mention how much Thomas "loved" multi-guard system in Phoenix.

I'm still not seeing the problem. Thomas has been fine here playing 3 guard offense in Boston and is on record saying he'd love to play alongside Fultz as they work out together in Washington. Who gives a rats ass what happened in Phoenix?
Murta
Sixth Man
And1: 1,823

Post#28 » by Murta » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Murta wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Crowder/Brown
Bradley/Smart
IT/Fultz

I don't see the problem.

I'm still not seeing the problem. Thomas has been fine here playing 3 guard offense in Boston and is on record saying he'd love to play alongside Fultz as they work out together in Washington. Who gives a rats ass what happened in Phoenix?

I give a rats ass what happened in Phoenix, that's the closes thing to empirical evidence on how the situation would play out in Boston. "Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it."

IMHO:
Fultz and Thomas and (Bradley or Smart) = cool
Fultz and Thomas and Bradley and Smart = problem

But since neither is changing the other's opinion, let's just agree to disagree. I hope we find out you to be right, because that would mean Fultz is in Boston and the team is thriving.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#29 » by Homerclease » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Murta wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Murta wrote:Tying approximately 70 mil. USD into Thomas (30), Bradley (~23) and Smart (~16) in one off-season while having Fultz isn't a problem? Not to mention how much Thomas "loved" multi-guard system in Phoenix.

I give a rats ass what happened in Phoenix, that's the closes thing to empirical evidence on how the situation would play out in Boston. "Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it."

IMHO:
Fultz and Thomas and (Bradley or Smart) = cool
Fultz and Thomas and Bradley and Smart = problem

But since neither is changing the other's opinion, let's just agree to disagree. I hope we find out you to be right, because that would mean Fultz is in Boston and the team is thriving.

What exactly is the problem though? Because I still don't see it. Dollars? Playing time? You've been all over the place here and not really clear about any of your points. Is having too many good players a bad thing?
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#30 » by CelticsLV » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:02 pm

"Griffin will be sign-and-traded for 18M/y"

Where's 4th scenario where Durant signs 1 year vet minimum with Celtics after Warriors lose in finals.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#31 » by 2Mas » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Unfortunately, i think it'd be a problem over time. i think both money & playing time will be an issue. I'd love for all guys to be super team guys, but guys need touches & playtime.

I don't think we can run out Thomas-Fultz, Bradley-Smart, Crowder-Brown for longer than the 17-18 season. 1 year it could work. But after that?? We can't pay Bradley 20m, Thomas 28m, Smart 14m, while giving them limited minutes, ALL while having Fultz #1 pick playing 20mpg off the bench?

I think Bradley is the odd man out. Crowder's on a super deal. & he's more versatile. If we're dishing out $40m between IT & Smart, he can't give Bradley 20 when we know we're not true contenders. Even if we let Bradley walk & went Thomas-Fultz-Crowder w/ Smart-Brown as backups is fine.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,425

Post#32 » by shackles10 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:10 pm

At some point you get diminished returns. Either you're using money and assets on the guards that you should be using on the front court or you've got guys good enough to play more who are sitting because there's only so much time to go around. If we draft Fultz, or Ball who I don't prefer at all, I think we reach diminishing returns for sure.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#33 » by Dannyboy36 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:

.........why?

I don't think you have to move Smart. Plenty of minutes, depending what other roster moves occur. Thomas and Fultz can both be effective off the ball.

Thomas, Fultz, Bradley, Smart is a nice 4 guard rotation.

I don't THINK we'd be able to tie up dough in those 4 guys, or want to. I would guess in that scenario that we would be parting from Bradley. Although the much better player, he's gonna cost a bundle but there are better capologists on this board than me.
I wish we could keep him instead of smart. I admire smart's effort but he just doesn't need to be guarded and it would be great to have AB off the bench as a guy who can make a shot.

Return to Boston Celtics