ImageImageImage

Sir Charles Barkley brought tears to my eyes: Big props, much respect

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Sir Charles Barkley brought tears to my eyes: Big props, much respect 

Post#1 » by rmal8852 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Didn't see this TNT segment last night, I usually watch the CSSNE post-game. If someone already posted this, apologies.

Huge props and respect to Sir Charles for the generous, kind words that he had for our Cs, especially him being such a long-time rival, who knew that he was a fan too? The guy speaks from the heart and knows what it is to be a professional athlete. You may not like him, but he often speaks the truth.

We all heard the snickers about the Celtics the last couple of days.........This game made me feel good about playing sports, Ernie........this is an amazing organization, the Celtics, Danny Ainge, Isaiah Thomas......a great player..........Tonight the Celtics made me proud to be an NBA player.....

Good Jerebko interview included too...really hope he stays with us next year.

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Re: Sir Charles Barkley brought tears to my eyes: Big props, much respect 

Post#2 » by truth18 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:33 pm

YOU LOSE
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#3 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#4 » by Dannyboy36 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:01 pm

It was good to hear. Sadly, the general sports fan believes everything he says and sonetimes his ideas are nuts and he's just trying to goad someone.
As a Celtic fan, I know I shouldn't care when talking heads say derogatory stuff about the only team I care about, when it's just false, but I'm human. It gets aggravating when it's repeated from friends, co workers.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#5 » by OldCeltics » Mon May 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Barkley is not a Celtics fan. Most nights of the year he rails against them and pumps Wizards, Toronto.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#6 » by TMU » Tue May 23, 2017 12:11 am

I know this thread is about Charles Barkley, but Jonas Jerebko is a **** G. Dude could have given up on the team when all of his minutes were given away to his teammates, but he was a true professional especially last night and stepped up big time. If the Celtics don't keep him, I hope another team signs him.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,669

Post#7 » by The Corey's » Tue May 23, 2017 12:22 am

TMU wrote:I know this thread is about Charles Barkley, but Jonas Jerebko is a **** G. Dude could have given up on the team when all of his minutes were given away to his teammates, but he was a true professional especially last night and stepped up big time. If the Celtics don't keep him, I hope another team signs him.

Agreed.

Jonas for harden straight up.
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,470

Post#8 » by AlCelticFan » Tue May 23, 2017 2:11 am

TMU wrote:I know this thread is about Charles Barkley, but Jonas Jerebko is a **** G. Dude could have given up on the team when all of his minutes were given away to his teammates, but he was a true professional especially last night and stepped up big time. If the Celtics don't keep him, I hope another team signs him.

Personally, I hope we keep him over a guy like Gerald Green, who I think is fool's gold. JJ hustles, hits the open 3, and plays solid D. What more can you ask of from a backup?
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#9 » by TheOGJabroni » Tue May 23, 2017 12:06 pm

AlCelticFan wrote:

Personally, I hope we keep him over a guy like Gerald Green, who I think is fool's gold. JJ hustles, hits the open 3, and plays solid D. What more can you ask of from a backup?

I think we should keep both but I would agree if we have to choose. Jerebko does all the right things; Green is more like a hail mary.
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#10 » by gocelts » Tue May 23, 2017 12:55 pm

He was one of the ones teasing us and disrespecting us during our blowout losses. He and Kenny were playing go fish during the halftime show. He has no respect for us. He's just covering his tracks because he acted like an ass. Reggie and Webber are just as bad.
~gocelts
BirdLegend33
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#11 » by BirdLegend33 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:05 pm

gocelts wrote:He was one of the ones teasing us and disrespecting us during our blowout losses. He and Kenny were playing go fish during the halftime show. He has no respect for us. He's just covering his tracks because he acted like an ass. Reggie and Webber are just as bad.

To be fair, during the pre game segment, Barkley did say that the Celtics would make it a competitive game although he still believed they would lose. And it was competitive enough to give us a shot to win and we won.
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#12 » by radcot » Tue May 23, 2017 1:08 pm

gocelts wrote:He was one of the ones teasing us and disrespecting us during our blowout losses. He and Kenny were playing go fish during the halftime show. He has no respect for us. He's just covering his tracks because he acted like an ass. Reggie and Webber are just as bad.

Yes, and Charles might have started out being generous to the C's, but by the end of the broadcast he was rationalizing the loss as "a perfect let-down game for Cleveland." I guess two minutes of respect for the Celtics was his quota for the season.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#13 » by grindtime22 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 pm

AlCelticFan wrote:

At that point, a minimum contract is what we will be looking for (hopefully).
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#14 » by ermocrate » Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 pm

I don't think there's any player outthere that do not respect the Celtics as a team and as an organization. Especially if we are talking about player of the past.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,367

Post#15 » by Red2 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 pm

I live in Philly and have followed Charles his entire career. I think he is one of the nicest guys around and genuine. He is a no BS artist. He's always had great things to say about Kevin McHale and dont' forget that Danny was his coach in Phoenix. Sometimes he goes off the rails but usually he's spot on. I thought he was very generous in his praise of the Celtics so props to Charles.
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#16 » by truth18 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:42 pm

gocelts wrote:He was one of the ones teasing us and disrespecting us during our blowout losses. He and Kenny were playing go fish during the halftime show. He has no respect for us. He's just covering his tracks because he acted like an ass.

No lies detected.
YOU LOSE
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#17 » by ermocrate » Tue May 23, 2017 5:44 pm

truth18 wrote:
gocelts wrote:He was one of the ones teasing us and disrespecting us during our blowout losses. He and Kenny were playing go fish during the halftime show. He has no respect for us. He's just covering his tracks because he acted like an ass.

No lies detected.

He is quite a jerk sometimes and he knows it but I have to say our players disrespected the Celtics way more than him in that case.
"Negativity in this town sucks"

Return to Boston Celtics