ImageImageImage

This is why you trade the future picks...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Re: This is why you trade the future picks... 

Post#41 » by 2Mas » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:47 pm

:lol: We just shut this dude down so bad lol.

Love this damn board.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#42 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Red Folder wrote:If the Lakers add one more decent player you can say goodbye to that pick next season. NJ has tons of cap room and no picks, they could sign guys just to be competitive. Sacramento could improve....and then instead of having some multiple all-stars, you have a bunch of picks in the 8-15 range and an enormous wasted opportunity.

Yeah, I'm sure a Buddy Hield led team is going to dominate the league :roll: Its also not just the Kings pick, it's the better of the Sixers and Kings, Embiid has yet to play more than thirty games so I'm not putting much stock in them either.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#43 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Def don't want that pick transferring to 2019....
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#44 » by Turgon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:42 pm

I actually LOLed at this thread.
Supreme irony, coming from a fan of a team who will probably lose Butler for nothing or trade him for 50 cents on the dollar because they didn't trade him when they should.

Next year Butler's worth will be the same as Paul George this year: a (very) late first rounder and a bag of chips.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#45 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:52 am

Red Folder wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Red Folder wrote:I remember when the Bulls were looking forward to our future Bobcats pick when they were a laughing stock every year...Then they decided to sign a few decent FA and we ended up with about the 10th pick instead. The Knicks did the same and we ended up with the 9th pick. We had a solid young core and tons of assets and we decided not to trade for Kobe, or Garnett, or Gasol...Look how it worked out.

Treadmill teams should trade their star early and for a realistic package.

See: Boogie Cousins and Paul George.

Ya'll waited too long. Now you're ****.

For every Cousins trade there is a KG trade(x2), Ray Allen, VC, Melo, Chris Paul etc. trade.

Oh. How bout that. Looks like I was right.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,664

Post#46 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:04 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Red Folder wrote:If the Lakers add one more decent player you can say goodbye to that pick next season. NJ has tons of cap room and no picks, they could sign guys just to be competitive. Sacramento could improve....and then instead of having some multiple all-stars, you have a bunch of picks in the 8-15 range and an enormous wasted opportunity.

Yeah, I'm sure a Buddy Hield led team is going to dominate the league :roll: Its also not just the Kings pick, it's the better of the Sixers and Kings, Embiid has yet to play more than thirty games so I'm not putting much stock in them either.

Both 2019 Philly and Sac picks are #1 protected. So, if either the sixers or sac pick goes #1, Boston gets the lesser of the two. However, the chances of either going #1 should be low, so the pick should be the better of two (assuming Lakers doesn't convey).
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#47 » by Turgon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 am

This dude is obsessed with us. His last 10 posts were on our forum, all about how we should trade for Butler.

I guess he had some sort of premonition about what would happen if we didn't make a deal .
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#48 » by ParticleMan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am

hilariously salty OP.

butler wasn't worth what bulls fans thought. we kept trying to edumacate them but they is a slow bunhc.

and not getting the lakers pick is not that big a deal, the sacto pick is gold.

Return to Boston Celtics