Utah Trade

Moderator: bwgood77

habibadobe
Sophomore
And1: 3

Utah Trade 

Post#1 » by habibadobe » Thu Jun 7, 2012 3:08 pm

Any interest in moving Ariza or Okafor and the #10 for Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap.
dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Re: Utah Trade 

Post#2 » by dukeknicksirish » Thu Jun 7, 2012 4:34 pm

Considering they are potentially trying to get rid of Okafor and Ariza to clear space to resign Gordon and Kamin, I don't think they have any interest. Especially if they are going after Davis in the draft.
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#3 » by blackham9258 » Fri Jun 8, 2012 11:31 pm

If you want to dump #10 to get rid of Ariza, the Jazz will take on that contract freely and add a protected first rounder for next year.

Thoughts?
RaulLopez
Senior
And1: 17

Post#4 » by RaulLopez » Sat Jun 9, 2012 6:51 pm

I only see 2 trades that makes sense for the Jazz, if they feel there is a player at 10 worth trading for.

1) Raja + Memo TPE for Okafor. That saves the Hornets 25 million.
2) 2nd round pick + Memo TPE for Ariza. That saves the Hornets almost 15 million.

The Memo TPE is worth around 10.5 mill. So that easily covers Ariza. Raja is on the last year of a deal for 3.5. Rajas 3.5 combined with the TPE give enough salary to match Okafors Salary.

Option one clears 10 mill this year and removes another 14.5 next. Option 2 clears 7.2 this year and takes them off the hook for another 7.7 next. That is almost 15 mill.

So would the Jazz or NO agree to either? I think the Jazz would jump at option 2. Jazz are moving Raja, one way or another, Jazz get the pick and a wing to replace Raja.

Option 2 would be a harder sale for the Jazz, they do not need another big, with Favors, Milsap, Kanter, Jefferson all looking for time. Second, 25 million for the 10th pick seems steep. And destroying the Jazz cap space for 2 years to boot. For the Jazz to agree to option 1, they would really need to be in love with someone at number 10. But I think option 1 is the one that NO would push for. I think they would do back flips to unload Okafor for just the 10th pick.

Don't know what they think about Ariza, so I have no idea how appealing option 2 would be for NO. So I doubt it happens.
The "Spanish Fly" came and went.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans