Hornets trade Ariza/Okafor for Lewis and #46??

Moderator: bwgood77

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Hornets trade Ariza/Okafor for Lewis and #46?? 

Post#21 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 am

Dear New Orleans fans,

You're welcome. :(
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#22 » by Copperhead » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 am

Wizardspride wrote:Dear New Orleans fans,

You're welcome. :(

I'm taking you're not a fan of the trade?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Post#23 » by TheToothFairy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 am

Now that Ariza is gone what about Moe Harkness @ 10?
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#24 » by claudio-br » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:42 am

^he is a wizards fan and is pissed about that trade. you have all the reasons to be mad about that, Wizardspride.

You guys might be excited about the future now. Davis-Gordon is a combo that might be cool to watch play together. Lets see what happens next.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#25 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Great trade for you guys at our expense.

With Ernie Grunfeld still with us, we're for sure going to take Harrison Barnes creating a log jam at the 3 along with the logjam we have at the 5 and 4.

Unbelievable we didn't get the 10th pick for our trouble.

NOLA has a lot to be excited about, you all should turn it around quickly esp with a good young head coach at the helm.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Copperhead » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:10 pm

FAH1223 wrote:Great trade for you guys at our expense.

With Ernie Grunfeld still with us, we're for sure going to take Harrison Barnes creating a log jam at the 3 along with the logjam we have at the 5 and 4.

Unbelievable we didn't get the 10th pick for our trouble.

NOLA has a lot to be excited about, you all should turn it around quickly esp with a good young head coach at the helm.

I know all our teams make moves we're oftentimes not excited/happy about. This isn't really a bad deal for you guys though is it? It might not look all that great RIGHT NOW and I know a lot of fans want instant gratification, but won't it help you guys down the line? Ariza and Okafor have like what, 2 years left on their contracts?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#27 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Copper, they have two years left but we had max cap room next offseason to go after a James Harden or make atleast a better trade.

Emeka and Trevor are winners, I like that. They are decent players but they're overpriced and aren't that much better than the guys we have right now.

Seraphin is better than Emeka offensively. Chris Singleton shot better from the 3 than Ariza has in any season of his career, though Trevor is probably a much better defender at this point.

We need offense... our defense turned the corner with Nene in the middle. This trade is just too redundant and takes minutes away.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#28 » by Jajwanda » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Jarret Jack for Laker TPE? Gives whoever you draft at 12 playing time, while it gives the Lakers a guy more or less on part with Sessions.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#29 » by Earth2Ted » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 am

Another Wizards fan here with a question for Hornets fans- what exactly is the story with Okafor's knee? Is he recovered? Was he even hurt in the first place?

I'm one of the few Wiz fans that actually thinks it's a decent deal for us- IF Okafor is not damaged goods. Most people are rabid foaming at the mouth mad- they want to head to Verizon with torches and pitch forks and burn that mother down.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Copperhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Earth2Ted wrote:Another Wizards fan here with a question for Hornets fans- what exactly is the story with Okafor's knee? Is he recovered? Was he even hurt in the first place?

I'm one of the few Wiz fans that actually thinks it's a decent deal for us- IF Okafor is not damaged goods. Most people are rabid foaming at the mouth mad- they want to head to Verizon with torches and pitch forks and burn that mother down.

To be honest Earth2Ted, I really have no idea what the story is about his knee. To say the guy was out for so long, we rarely ever heard anything about it. I don't think he ever received an official diagnosis. We fans just heard 'sore knee'. :-?
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Copperhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Jajwanda wrote:Jarret Jack for Laker TPE? Gives whoever you draft at 12 playing time, while it gives the Lakers a guy more or less on part with Sessions.

With the #10 pick, if the Hornets don't trade it, it sounds like they wanna go with a big man. I think they may go BPA but Monty Williams has been coveting length. If they go with a big, they'll likely look to keep Jack.
The Answer!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,006

Post#32 » by The Answer! » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:43 pm

The future is certainly bright again with a core foundation in place and additional draft picks and cap space to work with. Well done.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans