IT'S OFFICIAL!

Moderator: bwgood77

Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

IT'S OFFICIAL! 

Post#1 » by Copperhead » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 pm

Anthony Davis to the New Orleans Hornets!
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! 

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 am

Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers.
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#3 » by 2poor » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 am

guess I better get on the Austin Rivers bandwagon now.....
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Copperhead » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:36 am

2poor wrote:guess I better get on the Austin Rivers bandwagon now.....

Hop on man and lets hope for the best.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Copperhead » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 am

New Orleans picks second familiar face at 10

Just an hour into Thursday’s 2012 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Hornets had already added two of the most well-known players in all of college basketball last season. After picking Kentucky’s Anthony Davis first to tip off the proceedings, the Hornets chose combo guard Austin Rivers of Duke. Rivers was one of the most highly-touted high school players in 2010-11, then averaged 15.5 points last season. The Florida native also authored one of the most iconic plays of the 2011-12 college season, draining a three-pointer at the buzzer to win at North Carolina.

Rivers is also the son of Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers, who was Monty Williams’ head coach when Williams played for the Orlando Magic. "I can't say that I would be here without him," Austin said of his father. "My dad has helped me so much. He put in the time, even though with (he had a) busy schedule."

More quotes from Rivers:
On being drafted in the lottery:
“It’s an amazing feeling. This is just such an unbelievable feeling. I’ve been waiting on this day my whole life, and just the fact that I’ve trusted in God and worked hard and I’ve get to be with my family today is such a blessing.”

On the city of New Orleans and the Hornets:
“I love the city and I love the people there. I love how passionate the fans there are. You can see that with the Saints and the Hornets. I am ready to get out and give back to the community and continue to rebuild the city. As far as the team, I think they have great pieces there. They have Anthony Davis coming in, and they have guys like Eric Gordon and (Al-Farouq) Aminu there. There is a lot of talent there to compete and they have a great coach in Monty Williams and a great GM. I think it is a team on the rise. I feel like I fit in with that mixture very well and I’m excited to come in and work to get better. I really do feel like I can help this team get better and it is going to be a great fit.”

On his relationship with Anthony Davis:
“We’re friends. I’ve gotten to meet him over the past couple of years at AAU events and high school All-Star games. In college, we always tried to keep up with each other and see how each other were doing. He would check in with me after a game I had played, and I would check in with him after a game he played. The fact that we get to go to a new place and embark on this journey together is pretty cool.”

http://neworleanshornetsblog.blogspot.c ... -face.html
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Copperhead » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:36 am

Austin Rivers ‏@AustinRivers25
So thankful for this opportunity! have to thank God! I love new Orleans and I'm excited to play there and become a new Orleans Hornet!

Anthony Davis ‏@AntDavis23
Officially a Hornet!! ‪#NOLA‬

Sager interviews Davis.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/2012/0 ... index.html

Sager interviews Rivers.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/2012/0 ... index.html

Return to New Orleans Pelicans