Gordon Seeking Other teams

Moderator: bwgood77

richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Gordon Seeking Other teams 

Post#1 » by richi_v25 » Mon Jul 2, 2012 12:52 am

Hello I just want to start off and introducing myself, I'm a HUGE Magic fan but last year I moved to Kenner,LA for work. Even before then I told ppl i liked the hornets if I had to pick a west team mostly bc of CP3. Once I was in the area he was gone but I found myself caring more about the Hornets than my Magic bc of all the Dwight drama, just the way they were all so young and played with so much heart.

Now Gordon wants to play elsewhere, how much money does NOLA have to offer him? 58mil/4 yrs is too much i think. Personally I would like to see him around Davis but if not I actually wouldn't mind seeing more of Vasquez/Rivers develop.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Re: Gordon Seeking Other teams 

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Mon Jul 2, 2012 3:34 pm

I thought that's what most restricted free agents did. Test the market. Doesn't necessarily mean they want to play elsewhere. He didn't think what they offered him in January was enough so he's going to test the market. I believe the most another team can offer him is like 4/$54 or $55M. The Hornets max would be 4/$58M. So why not see if a team would offer him 4/$54 or 55 which could possibly save you $3-4M? They don't need to give him 4/$58 if they don't have to. They don't need to do like the Grizzlies did by just hand over the max to Rudy Gay without letting him test his market. And now Rudy Gay is always in trade talks because they probably want to get rid of that contract they gave him.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jul 3, 2012 8:30 pm

There is no way NO doesn't match. Gordon is a Hornet for 4 more seasons at least imo.
HolyMage110
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#4 » by HolyMage110 » Thu Jul 5, 2012 2:21 am

he doesnt want to be here. Sucks for the Hornets.
The Answer!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,006

Post#5 » by The Answer! » Fri Jul 6, 2012 2:45 am

"They drafted another shooting guard, a combo guard like me, which tells me they have another plan," Gordon said.

The Suns' recent committments -- point guard Goran Dragic and small forward Michael Beasley -- are a better fit, Gordon suggested.

"Phoenix signed two other young guys that are very talented," he said. "They're already established and they're already going to get better."

What a little punk, they arguably took the best player available, period. Now he's finding ways to make excuses.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,069
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#6 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Jul 6, 2012 2:59 am

Eric Gordon really isn't good enough for everyone to beg him to stay, or pay whatever he wants. Would be great to have him, but I won't cry if he isn't here.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#7 » by Great » Fri Jul 6, 2012 6:48 am

If there is a way to craft a deal where:

New Orleans gets a Houston 1st and Kevin Martin's soon too expire

Houston gets PHX trade exception

PHX gets Gordon

then wash hands.
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#8 » by xpmar9x » Fri Jul 6, 2012 10:42 pm

Joakim Noah and Rip, Korver, or Brewer for Eric Gordon

Bulls get their #2 option and start Asik. Nola gets an amazing defensive combo downlow w/ Davis & Noah, and start Rivers @ the 2. ;)
maoriboy
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#9 » by maoriboy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 am

Ive heard rumors that a S&T with Phoenix could include Marshall and a pick.

Having Marshall at the 1 and Rivers playing the 2, with Davis is a solid start
JasonDaPsycho
Starter
And1: 9

Post#10 » by JasonDaPsycho » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:05 am

I'm a Suns fan but I come in peace.
I just wanna say that I would rather Gordon stick with NO. PHX is just so damn mediocre right now, and with Gordon, our mediocrity will be further reinforced. I love Kendall Marshall. I don't want to see him gone in a S&T. My heart is already broken with Nash going to LA of all possible destinations. I don't need another FO mess up.
Phoenix Suns
San Francisco 49ers
UCLA Bruins
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#11 » by vanjulio » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:39 pm

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2 ... ictly.html

any notion that Rivers is going to come in and do better than Jarrett Jack or Greivis Vasquez is total lunacy and will ensure you guys are picking in the top3 of the draft again next season.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die

Return to New Orleans Pelicans