Robin Lopez S&T official

Moderator: bwgood77

JasonDaPsycho
Starter
And1: 9

Robin Lopez S&T official 

Post#1 » by JasonDaPsycho » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi. I'm a Suns fan. Just wanna give you my two cents on Robin Lopez (or RoLo).

Robin Lopez is a legit 7fter. His greatest strength, and weakness, is his intensity. There will be many times when you can tell he just snaps and fouls people for stupid reasons. The worst part is those aren't even hard fouls.

Anyways, he's OK defensively, and can hold his own. On offense, he scores mostly off putbacks and 15 fters. He also needs players feeding him the ball as he can't create (though he's undoubtedly more polished than DeAndre Jordan or JaVale McGee). He is a fantastic offensive rebounder and a horrible defensive rebounder. However, he does box out. He just needs better positioning and timing.
Phoenix Suns
San Francisco 49ers
UCLA Bruins
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: Robin Lopez S&T official 

Post#2 » by Tricky_Kid » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:17 am

I'm also Suns fan. I don't agree what You said aboul Flopez. He isn't legit center ! True He can block but his defense is very poor. He is not well coordinated somethimes look floppy on the floor and He looks like child lost in the fog. I think the best joke about Lopez is "Good offensive rebounder" :lol: :lol: :lol: I remember many games when Nash or Duds had more rebounds than "Big" Lopez.

One word about Warrick - He can dunk, even very good, can shoot but no defense and rebounds from him at all.
I am glad that 2 our worst players are gone. Sorry guys but your FO did a dumb move from your point of view.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#3 » by ATTL » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:58 am

Don't expect much out of him hornets fans.
mybloodisorange
Rookie
And1: 66

Post#4 » by mybloodisorange » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:26 am

Lopez is a mobil 7 footer so you can imagine the Phoenix fans frustration when finding out Amare could outrebound Lopez. And make sure you keep away from glass doors and windows at all time.
Everybody dies but not everybody truly lives.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#5 » by [RCG] » Sun Aug 5, 2012 10:01 pm

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#6 » by cpfsf » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:14 pm

I haven't been too impressed with Lopez myself unless it's "potential" that you're looking for. At this point in his career it's not looking too bright. It really doesn't matter since the second year is non-guaranteed.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#7 » by JohnVancouver » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:48 am

He'll show you just enough to get your hopes up and than break your heart. He's destined to be the other-contract-to-make-the-money-work in some trade

but screw it - you got some good young guys. Sideshow just isn't one of them
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#8 » by LewisnotMiller » Thu Nov 1, 2012 1:48 am

Watching him right now in the Spurs - NO game. His effort is great, he moves okay for a legit big, and he is strong. He is actually getting involved in plenty, and getting his hands to a lot of rebounds, but to this point he has been rubbish at two things..

1) Finishing around the basket...lots of 'almost in' shots
2) SECURING the ball when he gets hands to it. Missed a few boards just by bobbling the ball.

Still, surely his most important role is to be a big body, and take hits so Davis doesn't have to? If he keeps the effort as high as he's showing at the moment, I think he can play a nice role for NO.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans